Sitar

Lana Del Rey Officially Announces TROPICO, "Coming to a City Near You"

OMG it is Lana :rip:

And now there is the chance for Mexican people to be offended without saying "well, those aren't really cholas", so...Idk, I dia de los muertos stuff isn't exactly like Indian headdress war culture symbolism, yeah?

OMG it is Lana :rip:

And now there is the chance for Mexican people to be offended without saying "well, those aren't really cholas", so...Idk, I dia de los muertos stuff isn't exactly like Indian headdress war culture symbolism, yeah?

I'm offended tbh I hate Lizzy, she sucks. Y'all are getting so Lana crazy for this fake girl.

But let me teach you something, people will get crazy about this because yep Día de Muertos is exactly the same as the indian headdress (check what Disney tried to do with my fave celebration), however Mexicans won't start this shit, it will be fake people hatin' on lana because of nothing.

And calling all the Mexicans cholas is racist sitar.  :bye2:

So let me work this for you, our favorite sisters are painted/dressed like "Catrinas" a famous character of this date and also like "Calaveritas de azucar", a typical candy for us.

So everything is fine, if somebody tries to start shit, just tell them "My Mexican friend says that all you saying it's BULLSHIT", and show them this post.  :smokes2:

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Cue those that are one or more of the following: caucasian, not a visible minority in the western world, not a part of an oppressed/disenfranchised people (perhaps the oppressors being white) and/or not caucasian and living in their home country making jabs at any possible mention of criticism claiming cultural appropriation.

Check your privilege. 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Cue those that are one or more of the following: caucasian, not a visible minority in the western world, not a part of an oppressed/disenfranchised people (perhaps the oppressors being white) and/or not caucasian and living in their home country making jabs at any possible mention of criticism claiming cultural appropriation.

Check your privilege. .

I am a minority. I want my minority straight, white, female, buddhist/kardecist, college student tax discount. I am a minority that thinks  the word minority is the most stupid thing that came out of US the second being Kim Kadarshian.

glgcDdT.gif

I'm offended tbh I hate Lizzy, she sucks. Y'all are getting so Lana crazy for this fake girl.

But let me teach you something, people will get crazy about this because yep Día de Muertos is exactly the same as the indian headdress (check what Disney tried to do with my fave celebration), however Mexicans won't start this shit, it will be fake people hatin' on lana because of nothing.

And calling all the Mexicans cholas is racist sitar.  :bye2:

So let me work this for you, our favorite sisters are painted/dressed like "Catrinas" a famous character of this date and also like "Calaveritas de azucar", a typical candy for us.

So everything is fine, if somebody tries to start shit, just tell them "My Mexican friend says that all you saying it's BULLSHIT", and show them this post.  :smokes2:

HAHAHAH

I think I am going as a chola or a burrito in a costume party I have saturday. It's that racist?

glgcDdT.gif

My only qualm with cultural appropriation criticism is that nowadays it seems to progressively be turning into an unspecific knee-jerk reaction & little more than a hot trend for many armchair SJWs. However, if it's well-founded, by all means.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I am a minority. I want my minority straight, white, female, buddhist/kardecist, college student tax discount. I am a minority that thinks  the word minority is the most stupid thing that came out of US the second being Kim Kadarshian.

I have no idea what you're talking about. You're not a visible minority. 

My only qualm with cultural appropriation criticism is that nowadays it seems to progressively be turning into an unspecific knee-jerk reaction & little more than a hot trend for many armchair SJWs. However, if it's well-founded, by all means.

Those bitches are all beneath the Brazilians tbh. Bow to the country that has appropriated from all cultures in all ways possible and imaginable to create a culture that is tons of cultures combined. Bow to us bitchs we have a little bit of all of you portugueses, arabs, turcs,  japaneses, africans, mayas, germans, english, irish, dutch, Italians, French ahhahahaha...

Bow to the country who greedly appropriated from all of you! BOOM

I have no idea what you're talking about. You're not a visible minority. 

I think I am. Its all relative. Throw your white ass (or mine) in Uganda and you (or me)  will be a visible minority.

glgcDdT.gif

Check your privilege. 

To clarify, my post (whether or not you're addressing me or speaking generally) wasn't an attempt to take away anyone's right to be offended, but simply questioning if it could be considered on the same level as the headdress. Also she could talk her way out of her use of "cholas" by saying it was unintentional, simply just trying to depict a ghetto lifestyle, but she can't talk her way out of this one since it's a more specific cultural reference than drawn eyebrows.

I think I am. Its all relative. Throw your white ass (or mine) in Uganda and you (or me)  will be a visible minority.

These statements are too inane to warrant a proper response and explanation from me. 

To clarify, my post (whether or not you're addressing me or speaking generally) wasn't an attempt to take away anyone's right to be offended, but simply questioning if it could be considered on the same level as the headdress. Also she could talk her way out of her use of "cholas" by saying it was unintentional, simply just trying to depict a ghetto lifestyle, but she can't talk her way out of this one since it's a more specific cultural reference than drawn eyebrows.

I wasn't addressing you, my dear fellow hijabi! :creep:  

These statements are too inane to warrant a proper response and explanation from me. 

They were not insane at all. They were the only way that someone from another culture dont flip out with the comments they see. You have to understand that not everyone around the world thinks the same about what cultural appropriation ACTUALLY means.

I think its funny that fantasy annoys people so much and reality annoys very little. We can talk about REAL and SUBSTANTIAL cultural appropriation if you like. But make a fuss about Lanas video having Cholas or her using a Cocar only makes me laugh tbh. We can talk about what actually means the term MINORITY and way is so dismissive and makes me wanna pull my eyebrows out. Calling blacks, spanics, chineses, arabs or whatever Minorities makes me insane because ITS NOT TRUE. By the way GAYS are not a minority as well.

glgcDdT.gif

They were not insane at all. They were the only way that someone from another culture dont flip out with the comments they see. You have to understand that not everyone around the world thinks the same about what cultural appropriation ACTUALLY means.

And as always, you are completely missing the mark of my response and are replying with irrelevant things. It would benefit you to learn how to frame and construct proper arguments. 

And as always, you are completely missing the mark of my response and are replying with irrelevant things. It would benefit you to learn how to frame and construct proper arguments.

I don't know if you're this pretentious because you need a HUG or you're this pretentious because you need a SLAP so I send you both

glgcDdT.gif

Gaga wrote a ~freedom~ song about Burqas and apparently she's a genius so who the fuck knows what's right or wrong with music anymore.

If Lana dressed up as something from my culture I wouldn't be offended at all to be completely honest. Are white singers only allowed to write about white feelings/white problems? Idk. If she wants to tell a story with Latin American woman, at least be glad she actually has Latin American women in it

Main point: I literally do not care and I will enjoy the video regardless. Robin Thicke went to #1 with a video degrading women there are a lot worse examples of politically incorrect videos.

That's not to say that it's ever okay but literally what do we want Lana to do about it?

Gaga wrote a ~freedom~ song about Burqas and apparently she's a genius so who the fuck knows what's right or wrong with music anymore.

If Lana dressed up as something from my culture I wouldn't be offended at all to be completely honest. Are white singers only allowed to write about white feelings/white problems? Idk. If she wants to tell a story with Latin American woman, at least be glad she actually has Latin American women in it

You are normal and smart thats all.

glgcDdT.gif