Sitar

Lana Del Rey Officially Announces TROPICO, "Coming to a City Near You"

@@maru are you using your privilege as a mod to erase your rude comments?? Well I kind of saw it .....I like to start saying that is hard to talk to anyone who uses the word MINORITY as often as you. Specially when you are referering to Mexicans. In this particular case you got even further to use minority and western world to refer to Mexicans. I guess Mexico moved to the Faixa de Gaza and I didn't notice. Spanics became a (ugh to this word) minortiy and I also didn't notice. 

Now I know your arrogance doesn't need a HUG but a SLAP.  I might just be honest: I avoid getting in exchanges or any kind of interaction with you because I think you are very ethnocentric and arrogant. Your view is usually based on a single point of view:  never plural always singular. You use too often Minority and Western World to talk about women, race (black, arab, caucasian...) in the same sentence there for I can't take you seriously.

My basic point towards your remark (funny enought several others understood what I said) is that such critics towards Lana will come exclusively from USA. I doubt any other culture/country will make any remark towards the culture appropriation subject. Not even Mexicans. Or maybe only Mexicans that live in US. Towards the word Minority is that is very relative to where your 2 feets are standing.

I hope I framed and constructed right so you can clearly understand. I wasn't going to answer but since you erased your comment I decided to do it.

glgcDdT.gif

@@maru are you using your privilege as a mod to erase your rude comments?? Well I kind of saw it .....I like to start saying that is hard to talk to anyone who uses the word MINORITY as often as you. Specially when you are referering to Mexicans. In this particular case you got even further to use minority and western world to refer to Mexicans. I guess Mexico moved to the Faixa de Gaza and I didn't notice. Spanics became a (ugh to this word) minortiy and I also didn't notice. 

Now I know your arrogance doesn't need a HUG but a SLAP.  I might just be honest: I avoid getting in exchanges or any kind of interaction with you because I think you are very ethnocentric and arrogant. Your view is usually based on a single point of view:  never plural always singular. You use too often Minority and Western World to talk about women, race (black, arab, caucasian...) in the same sentence there for I can't take you seriously.

My basic point towards your remark (funny enought several others understood what I said) is that such critics towards Lana will come exclusively from USA. I doubt any other culture/country will make any remark towards the culture appropriation subject. Not even Mexicans. Or maybe only Mexicans that live in US. Towards the word Minority is that is very relative to where your 2 feets are standing.

I hope I framed and constructed right so you can clearly understand. I wasn't going to answer but since you erased your comment I decided to do it.

I erased my comment specifically because I had a change of heart (read: I wanted to keep my sanity intact) and decided that I didn't want to keep going on with this. By all means, if you want to, go ahead. I just won't be replying :)

If you're that hung up on my comment, here it is in all its glory:

WdW3l8r.png

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I've already sent him some on Twitter don't worry. He said I'm gonna lose my shit when I see it though.

This means it's ready :justride:

Is he a Lana fan? Get the scoop if any of the songs sound any different (still screaming at Rick Rubin being credited).

Since apparently it's probably ready, hopefully this means its coming REALLY SOON. I CAN NOT WAIT ANY LONGER. I'm going on a trip soon and I probably won't be able to get wifi. Ugh  :biblio: Lana hurry up and release it 

devUz2O.png

Honestly, I don't think it's gonna be out for another 1-2 weeks. She hasn't even announced the premiere dates yet so

She announced the Ride premiere two days before and I had to drop everything for it so get ready everyone :smile2:

This means it's ready :justride:

Is he a Lana fan? Get the scoop if any of the songs sound any different (still screaming at Rick Rubin being credited).

He's a massive fan yes, I'll try and ask but I don't think I'll get anything out of him.

I erased my comment specifically because I had a change of heart (read: I wanted to keep my sanity intact) and decided that I didn't want to keep going on with this. By all means, if you want to, go ahead. I just won't be replying :)

If you're that hung up on my comment, here it is in all its glory:

WdW3l8r.png

:lmao: :lmao: me at your comment, arrogance and stupidity :lmao:  :lmao:  Did you read what I wrote? In what planet you think I want to interact with you?? :lmao:

glgcDdT.gif

:lmao: :lmao: me at your comment, arrogance and stupidity :lmao:  :lmao:  Did you read what I wrote? In what planet you think I want to interact with you?? :lmao:

to be honest even if she did read what you wrote she would not get anything from it

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

pls pray 4 me the premiere will be mid-september bc i'm probably going 2 l.a. then  :ohno:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Funny that I was going to be a Sugar Skull for Halloween this year but nooooooo Lana had to do it first :/ Now all my friends are gonna be like "You copied Lana... AGAIN!" 

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu  :grr:

" critics towards Lana will come exclusively from USA" Why? answer: The racial grievance industry is a multibillion business in the U.S. But " it will be coming to a city near you" very soon.

My face after reading everything I started

tumblr_mr2jovGK7i1qhcfgoo1_250.gif

@@maru We are everything BUT a Minority tbh, and if your post after my post was for me, I didn't get it, you are using a lot of big words for me tbh

tumblr_inline_mqqcrc82Fv1qz4rgp.gif

@ got your point, but just fighting with Maru won't make you have the right point, she doesn't have it too. It's an opinion, it changes from person to person.

Love you both <3

Also, cholas is a fashion, but this "fashion" comes from the Mexicans in US, Mexicans in Mexico aren't like that. So calling all the mexican cholas or cholos it's like calling all the europeans, hipsters.

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

I legitimately don't understand what is being said. Please note that I:

• ...never said that Mexicans were a minority, nor implied that simply by way of being "non-white", one is a minority. (What is this logic??)
  • ...I never made any comment about the style of dress Lana chose to wear for Tropico, nor have I made any mention of her culturally appropriating anything in relation to Tropico. I have not criticised Lana once in regards to Tropico. 
  • ...I made a specific point of using the term "visible minority" and not "minority", which means something different.
  • ...The only point I did make was about those not in a position to question the validity of the criticism of cultural appropriation doing so. I never said anything more. 

Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. I have not commented specifically on Tropico or appropriating Mexican culture and I would appreciate if any replies or mentions to me acknowledged this. :creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…