lola

Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, champainproblms said:

no but really i would love if the delulu fans went away, i lowkey kiss the fandom as it was back in the original red era

i've said it before and I'll say it again but imo a lot of the hate of TS stems from how annoying a lot of her fans are, which only causes businesses to make things Taylor-related so they themselves make money off the fans, which only puts her e v e r y w h e r e all the damn time. i hate it myself

30 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

N*kk* L*ne reposted a video to her story on insta that’s caption said all tay songs sound the same

i'll never understand people who spend so much time talking and thinking about how much they dislike an artist. when i don't like an artist I just... don't listen... don't pay attention... scroll past posts

7 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Sputnik 48ing this :rip: she’s kind of in her critical backlash era and her retweeting all of the 10/10 reviews is sort of … :bebe:

obviously will be a massive commercial success but will be interesting to see what this does long term because of how negative the discourse around this is outside of fan circles 

Sputnik gave her a 4.5/5 (90/100) tho. Her most acclaimed album by them: https://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/88481/Taylor-Swift-The-Tortured-Poets-Department-Anthology/

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Just now, Mer said:

Sputnik gave her a 4.5/5 (90/100) tho. Her most acclaimed album by them: https://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/88481/Taylor-Swift-The-Tortured-Poets-Department-Anthology/

That’s for the second version, they reviewed them separately https://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/88489/Taylor-Swift-The-Tortured-Poets-Department/

that site is a stupid joke anyways, but they are both “staff” reviews so will both count for the aggregators separately 

3 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

i’ll never understand people who spend so much time talking and thinking about how much they dislike an artist. when i don't like an artist I just... don't listen... don't pay attention... scroll past posts

Oh I do too. It’s just the fact that it was uncalled for, Nikki didn’t need too repost that video…

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

That’s for the second version, they reviewed them separately https://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/88489/Taylor-Swift-The-Tortured-Poets-Department/

that site is a stupid joke anyways, but they are both “staff” reviews so will both count for the aggregators separately 

that’s dumb bc this “standard” version review still talks about the anthology tracks 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

Oh I do too. It’s just the fact that it was uncalled for, Nikki didn’t need too repost that… 

exactly. like, I don't like Nikki Lane's music but I don't dwell on it. I just go, she's not for me, and then move on. is that so hard?

Just now, rosemead ramada said:

exactly. like, I don't like Nikki Lane's music but I don't dwell on it. I just go, she's not for me, and then move on. is that so hard?

No it’s not, I don’t know why not just Nikki, but everyone else doesn’t do that.

1 minute ago, Mer said:

that’s dumb bc this “standard” version review still talks about the anthology tracks 

Ya I don’t understand why that site counts for anything honestly. Especially since they now know that most pop-related fanbases hate them so they always rate popular stuff super low :rip: 

idk how metacritic will deal with it,  but AOTY already allocated the two scores to the different versions so :rip: 

oh god did anyone see the cardigan

a plain grey grandpa sweater for $70 + shipping :headache:

folklore era cardigans come back to us

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

Welp, woke up to see even more hate... But Taylor is a visionary, so this is all going as planned, ready for Rep TV :ma:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I'll never get over these lyrics

Say it once again with feeling
How the death rattle breathing
Silenced as the soul was leaving

The deflation of our dreaming
Leaving me bereft and reeling
My beloved ghost and me
Sitting in a tree
D-Y-I-N-G

:icant:

i cant understand why everyone hates it. am i deaf?? i absoloutley adore this album. one of my friends told me today it might be her least favorite album ever.. my sister texted me it sounds like lyrics that dont flow over background music :crai:

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

it's a shame this album was released at the height of public disdain for her :sadcore: we're not getting honest feedback, we're getting a bunch of comments from people who are tired of seeing her. even if you completely dislike the record, it's not worth a 1/10.

violets in your eyes

6 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

i cant understand why everyone hates it. am i deaf?? i absoloutley adore this album. one of my friends told me today it might be her least favorite album ever.. my sister texted me it sounds like lyrics that dont flow over background music :crai:

I don't get it either. The more and more I listen to it, the more I think it might become my favorite Taylor album(s)

Reading the bad reviews though, it seems like there's a very sudden and noticeable change in attitude among the public. It's like people just want to dislike it before even listening and they are subconsciously allowing their Taylor-fatigue to overrule their listening experience. A lot of the criticisms I've seen just sound so forced or trivial reasons.I have no idea. I think everyone is kinda tired of Taylor, culminating with the Grammys and Superbowl.

But what did Taylor expect after 1989TV. Maybe 1989 is cursed :lmao:

after a few listens I must say Peter is the supreme song from this entire double album... it's the only one which could elicit a genuine emotional reaction in me (and Robin too to a lesser extent) :true:

something about the pains she goes to tie most of the other songs so clearly to muses or narratives in her life the public knows completely turns me off from them idk.. I think this is also why I love folklore and evermore more than anything else from her recent discography, with those two the music is allowed to speak for itself.. 

I always wonder what my opinion on a lot of songs would be if I knew less of the "lore" 

i saw one dazed review that was just talking shit about her as a person and then made fun of some off context lines on the songs.. like how can you call yourself a journalist with this type of work ethic.. this is a news outlet not yout twitter account

5 minutes ago, love divine said:

it's a shame this album was released at the height of public distain for her :sadcore: we're not getting honest feedback, we're getting a bunch of comemts from people who are tired of seeing her. even if you completely dislike the record, it's not worth a 1/10.

I said a few weeks ago that we needed a break from Taylor because I feel like she is so all over the place that it gets overwhelming.... It's clearly not her fault

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey