lola

Taylor Swift

I do like the more ‘reputation sass’ of side A. Side B has some sass/bad bitch songs but  not nearly as many. Side B is more what I expected the whole album to sound like and I’m definitely thankful side A exists

"Don’t forget me"

I love thank you Aimee, also idk maybe I’m a crazy Stan but I don’t think Taylor needs to get over 2016 like, ever. The way Kim and Kanye tried to DESTROY her (and how she had issues with Kanye since 2009 and obviously desperately seeked his approval) would make me kill myself so idk I think she’s allowed to write one song an album about it :oic3:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I love thank you Aimee, also idk maybe I’m a crazy Stan but I don’t think Taylor needs to get over 2016 like, ever. The way Kim and Kanye tried to DESTROY her (and how she had issues with Kanye since 2009 and obviously desperately seeked his approval) would make me kill myself so idk I think she’s allowed to write one song an album about it :oic3:

I agree. Not to mention Kim also still takes jabs at Taylor (like the purple dress on speak now tv’s release date hello??) after Taylor talked in Time about how it deeply affected her I don’t blame her at all either 

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I agree. Not to mention Kim also still takes jabs at Taylor (like the purple dress on speak now tv’s release date hello??) after Taylor talked in Time about how it deeply affected her I don’t blame her at all either 

I think a lot of people don’t realize how bad 2016 really was, since she went on to be so successful after. I think it was extremely formative for her and completely changed her relationship to fame. I also think it really broke her trust, is she supposed to forgive and forget that? I also think people forget songs are made in the moment and it could’ve just been a random day she started thinking about it again and had a “new” thought about it and it inspired the song, it doesn’t mean she’s constantly thinking about it 24/7 lol.

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

I think a lot of people don’t realize how bad 2016 really was, since she went on to be so successful after. I think it was extremely formative to her and completely changed her relationship to fame. I also think it really broke her trust, is she supposed to forgive and forget that? I also think people forget songs are made in the moment and it could’ve just been a random day she started thinking about it again and had a “new” thought about it and it inspired the song, it doesn’t mean she’s constantly thinking about it 24/7 lol.

absolutely! And thank you amiee is the perfect “I’m over it but it still hurt” song I think

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, taco truck said:

Peter is so good :trisha:

yeah I’m re-listening to side B (with a cold drink in my hand) and it’s starting to really grow on me 

"Don’t forget me"

Omg So Highschool has to be about Travis “are you gonna marry, kiss, or kill me” :ahhney:

Not Travis inspiring one of the best songs on side B

"Don’t forget me"

i just read robin lyrics and it actually reminds me a lot of nicole dollangangers earlier music.. like it would be on curdled milk i feel like

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 hour ago, Venice Biotch said:

im  so sorry i dont know. im from europe and i didnt buy  anything 

Thanks. I finally found it on Amazon Germany now. 

It was expensive watch it 

this album is being dragged on every social media site I visit :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

this album is being dragged on every social media site I visit :bebe:

yeah and it’s so bizarre to me. I’m not one of those swifites that like everything just because of the Taylor name, but this is genuinely one of my favorite albums in years I don’t understand where the overwhelming hate is coming from 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, NikoGo said:

yeah and it’s so bizarre to me. I’m not one of those swifites that like everything just because of the Taylor name, but this is genuinely one of my favorite albums in years I don’t understand where the overwhelming hate is coming from 

Right? I understand the Midnights hate even though I personally enjoy it, but I also understand objectively it is one of her lower-tier albums. But this? This might be her magnum opus.

6 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I think it's just that it's too much.. with every song the possibility that someone is going to latch onto something and dislike the whole album bc of it increases and there's 31 of them.. it's sheer probability

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Right? I understand the Midnights hate even though I personally enjoy it, but I also understand objectively it is one of her lower-tier albums. But this? This might be her magnum opus.

not me! having it in my top 3 :bebe:

Like, I don’t get why it’s being so hated. Side A starts out as a more realized Midnights, expands into something completely different, and then side B is a folklore fan’s DREAM. 

1 minute ago, honeyslow said:

I think it's just that it's too much.. with every song the possibility that someone is going to latch onto something and dislike the whole album bc of it increases and there's 31 of them.. it's sheer probability

I do agree!! I do think 31 FULL songs all at once is very extreme and a bit overwhelming. I’ve been listening to side A since it leaked and I’m STILL overwhelmed. I also think it’s just the fact that Taylor has been in the news for YEARS nonstop now, and the general fatigue that has been slowly boiling up is finally peaking. 

"Don’t forget me"