Sign in to follow this  
FROGGO

STAN WARS: 4th Quarter Album Releases - Who are you supporting? [POLL ADDED]

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your most anticipated pop girl release?

• Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Britney Spears
    • Beyonce
  2. 2. Which artist do you want to FLOP FLOP FLOP?

• Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Britney Spears
    • Beyonce

Which is your most anticipated pop girl release?
I'm gonna have to go with Gaga since there's no any official info yet about when Britney's album is released.

Which artist do you want to FLOP FLOP FLOP?

Beyoncé.  :hooker:

I think the burqa subject is a delicate one for several reasons. Neither of them is "culture appropriation" tho. Gaga is a pop artist, a performer, a "singer"  so whats the point if not appropriate from several cultural symbolisms?? I will wait the video for burqa (or whatever is called) to wanna kill Gaga slowly for doing a song relating the words burqa and "I am a women of choice" or not wanna kill her that slowly. I say wait the video because maybe she can pull something with the video like the words she says gain new meanings with the images. Let's see.

For now I think that finally someone did a music about the burqa. Why not? Why people can't discuss the damn burqa? The problem is that she did in such a shitty way, as always,  literally using the word burqa and not using the song to make a statement. She lost a really good plot point there. Or maybe the plot is on the video. There's always hope.

edit: I forgot to mention that Gaga says Awrah not Aura. now google it.

Edited by Antonia22

glgcDdT.gif

MY NEW SINGLE 'APPLAUSE' IS OUT TODAY AND CAN BE HEARD ON UNITED STATES RADIO IN 15 MINUTES. INTERNATIONAL RADIO TO FOLLOW.

Expand

BRexmlRCYAE5QRm.jpg

credit where credit is due, hot photo  :defeated: 

This will mean Roar and Applause will be on iTunes the same day? 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I just wait for the moment that Lana drops a new official release (a single) in November / December. If we like it or not, Lana has almost become a major popgirl (pop of course in the context of popular, not Kety Perr or Rhenna kinda pop). With an interesting campaign, she can come for some wigs to snatch em off.  :)

My opinion on:

Lady GaGa ~ Artpop:

I used to love her. Back in 2008-2009. Revolutionary, creative, innovative, controversial, "original", omni-present.

Now? She's a self-crowned queen with an army of identity-less fags behind her, and she keeps speaking big of her generic-ass music.

Her third album and it's already a "comeback"? Bye girl, bye.

Britney Spears Blackout 2.0: It Gets Urbaner And Also More Spearitual And A Little More Personal (Raw) (We’re Just Having Lots Of Lunches Right Now):

I'm ready for that. I'm still waiting to the day she may be able to dance properly again, though I don't expect her to sing haha. Brit was my favorite singer back when I was 4. She was really important in my gateway to music. Now, I know her music is vain and shallow, and hollow, but she's fun, and she's the only artist who's really loyal to performance music. She makes show music, and she doesn't say stuff like "MY MUSIC IS REVOLUTIONARY, AND HELPS PEOPLE AGAINST BULLYING, YOU KNOW, IF U SEEK AMY TALKS ABOUT THE CRUELTY IN TODAY'S DISCRIMINATION AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY, THAT'S WHY I BAKE PIES IN THE VIDEO". She just makes fun and catchy music. And her videos are, almost, always amazing.

Beyoncé ~ x ghetto diva empowerment album:

Whatever this woman does, she does it right. My body is ready for her all the time.

Katy Perry ~ Prism:

Everytime I talk about her people get mad. But I can't help it. If Prism follows up Teenage Dream and Roar's decay, I think I won't ever listen to her again. I found out about Katy when Ur SO Gay came out, before I Kissed a Girl. Her first album, so pin-up ish, One Of The Boys, was SO amazing, her voice was concrete and admirable. Her live performances sucked (and I think they still do) but she had really nice songs, which felt really personal (except for a couple). Teenage Dream was half enjoyable, but she was in this bonehaid persona mode to illustrate a teenager teenage dream, and that persona swallowed her. She was unbearable at interviews and stuff. The Complete Confection proved she's an idiot. "Oh I was so in love, owell".

I hope Prism will sound more like her origins. If not, I'm out.

Forehead-anna ~ shit:

Who's that? Oh yeah, that poor beat-up girl whose videos and music all sound and look the same. She could die and I wouldn't notice it.

What I'm REALLY craving and unbearably urging to hear?

Lorde ~ Pure Heroine

London Grammar ~ If You Wait

Sky Ferreira ~ Whatevernameshemightputheralbum

Charli XCX ~ Album 2

M.I.A. ~ Matangi (supposedly due out November 5th.)

Yelle ~ 3rd Album

Owen Pallett ~  In Conflict

Lykke Li ~ 3rd Album

Natalia Kills ~ Trouble

Grimes ~ 4th album

Brooke Candy ~ Freaky Princess

Sophie Ellis-Bextor ~ Wanderlust

Róisín Murphy ~ Eternally Awaited comeback

Azealia Banks ~ ?

Kerli ~ Bubblegoth/Utopia/I Nimene

La Roux ~ ?

Foxes ~ ?

The one most likely to flop will be Britney and she deserves it because she just doesn't care about her career anymore. I don't know why they don't lock her up in a mental house until she's fully cured.

Gaga + Bey aren't really singles artist but they'll be successful

Katy will gather her #1's but that's probably it. 

The one most likely to flop will be Britney and she deserves it because she just doesn't care about her career anymore. I don't know why they don't lock her up in a mental house until she's fully cured.

Gaga + Bey aren't really singles artist but they'll be successful

Katy will gather her #1's but that's probably it. 

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Britney + flop = not gonna happen

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Yeah.

Britney will flop and will continue to work with Shit.I.Am.

Meanwhile the superiors (Gaga, Beyonce, Katy and the others) will continue to progress with their music and go different directions.
(except Rihanna)