RileyThomas

Nicki Minaj

3 hours ago, Girl With No Face said:

I disagree but kinda agree... Bahm Bahm as a closer... nah. Everybody on the album feels like it was slapped there and feels better as a bonus. Just Memories as an opener works but also works as an outro if yk what i mean. Its like the final send off. But anyway thats just me.

I relistened to the 10 track order: VERY front loaded. The first 7 songs are a good songs are a great track run. The last 3 songs... not so much. Can't believe she scrapped Blessings beforehand...

Okay after 2 days of listening, here's my 2 cents:

Fav tracks: Nicki Hendrix, Blessings, Just the Memories, Fallin 4 U, Big Difference, Pink Birthday, Pink Friday Girls, Everybody, Red Ruby Da Sleeze, Forward From Trini.

Meh: Bahm Bahm

I wish this album follows the futuristic, electropop, bubblegum, nearly-hyperpop sounds that I heard from tracks above instead of those generic ass trap beats all over. I'd say the first half of the album was kinda too overwhelming to enjoy: From that questionable sample direction of the opener - Are You Gone Already (im sorry, i love me some Nicki's vunerable moments, I love the lyrics and the delivery but the way she chose to sample Billie song sounds like a remix of Billie feat. Nicki Minaj, doesnt feel like her own track on her own album) to the generic trap sounds that I can hear ANY mainstream rapper does nowadays. When I listen to Nicki, I look for unexpected, and its kinda disappointed to see Nicki is too safe for majority of the record. The lack of theatrical rap (alter-egos), the lack of CAMP (Pink Friday & Roman Reloaded were camp af), the safe zone she hides behind those generic ass trap beats really ruin all the good delivery she brings in very potential tracks Barbie Dangerous, Beep Beep, Cowgirl, etc. 

From the album cover, I expected Nicki to ride on dopest futuristic, electronic, hyperpop-ish, dreamy, galactic beats that Cardi or rappers can even do. But we did not get to see more of this album and what it could have been. Regardless, its not a terrible album, I still can have fun with it here and there. And I have to give the credit where its due - Nicki showing her vunerable, soft side is the BEST Nicki - periodt. She  isnt the best singer, but her vocals giving the pure fragility of a woman with a sentimental, melancholic feeling (even nostalgic, in the final track).

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

This is the most polarising opinions on an album I've read in a long time... now I'm scared lmao idk what to expect :ohno: aside from Super Freaky Girl (which I hate teehee) everything else I haven't listened yet so we'll see.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

This is the most polarising opinions on an album I've read in a long time... now I'm scared lmao idk what to expect :ohno: aside from Super Freaky Girl (which I hate teehee) everything else I haven't listened yet so we'll see.

I'll also say Blessings is hands down the best song. PF2 needed more production like that. It's giving Friendzone 

12 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Okay after 2 days of listening, here's my 2 cents:

Fav tracks: Nicki Hendrix, Blessings, Just the Memories, Fallin 4 U, Big Difference, Pink Birthday, Pink Friday Girls, Everybody, Red Ruby Da Sleeze, Forward From Trini.

Meh: Bahm Bahm

I wish this album follows the futuristic, electropop, bubblegum, nearly-hyperpop sounds that I heard from tracks above instead of those generic ass trap beats all over. I'd say the first half of the album was kinda too overwhelming to enjoy: From that questionable sample direction of the opener - Are You Gone Already (im sorry, i love me some Nicki's vunerable moments, I love the lyrics and the delivery but the way she chose to sample Billie song sounds like a remix of Billie feat. Nicki Minaj, doesnt feel like her own track on her own album) to the generic trap sounds that I can hear ANY mainstream rapper does nowadays. When I listen to Nicki, I look for unexpected, and its kinda disappointed to see Nicki is too safe for majority of the record. The lack of theatrical rap (alter-egos), the lack of CAMP (Pink Friday & Roman Reloaded were camp af), the safe zone she hides behind those generic ass trap beats really ruin all the good delivery she brings in very potential tracks Barbie Dangerous, Beep Beep, Cowgirl, etc. 

From the album cover, I expected Nicki to ride on dopest futuristic, electronic, hyperpop-ish, dreamy, galactic beats that Cardi or rappers can even do. But we did not get to see more of this album and what it could have been. Regardless, its not a terrible album, I still can have fun with it here and there. And I have to give the credit where its due - Nicki showing her vunerable, soft side is the BEST Nicki - periodt. She  isnt the best singer, but her vocals giving the pure fragility of a woman with a sentimental, melancholic feeling (even nostalgic, in the final track).

Yeah yeah reading I kinda wish that it was more pop turned, instead of generic trap beats yk

But I still like it and I'm happy for finally having another Nicki album to listen

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Nicki Hendrix is one of the songs I tossed off the album :bebe:

Omg nooo

Tbh Future's vocals are prehaps a tad annoying but I think the production and Nicki's vocals alone are a sweet serve 

Ok so as an avid Nicki fan since 2010, I have had a few days to listen and I have compiled my thoughts:

(disclaimer, Nicki was my #1 fav from 2010-2016, then in 2017 I had my Lana awakening and Nicki got pushed to #2 but regardless, die on the hill loyalty to both, no matter how big the hate trains!)

I, like most, had a LOT of expectations for this album, (nicki didnt do herself any favors by proclaiming it her best work to date over the past few months). I will just say it up front, out of all her albums, I would rank this one in last place. I hope this album boosts up Queen, because I NEVER got the slander for Queen. Everyone talking about how Queen "didnt have a hit" blah blah blah... Chun Li is right there, and besides that album had KILLER lyrics, versatile tracklist, good features, and RICH production. But anyways back to PF2. I do like this album quite a bit as far as songs go. As an album as a whole, it is a bit of a hot mess but so is this whole era. The manic rollout, the campy over the top cover art, idk it just all screams big pink hot mess and I kinda live for it. the tracklist tells no story, its like a compilation of songs all thrown on the same record.

I do not like the intro track at all. I think Barbie Dangerous, Beep Beep & FTCU deserve to be longer, but only bc they are so good! I was shocked that they were so short, felt a tad under cooked in that sense. The pop tracks, Pink Friday Girls, Super Freaky Girl, Cowgirl etc are all so good and I love them. Heart of Glass sample I hated that song on first listen but now I love it and its always stuck in my head (if I had a dollar for every time I said "you just mad I did it better and first" yesterday...). The sampling was a bit much but I didnt hate any of the samples except for the billie one.

Not an amazing show stopping career highlight album, just more of a fun mixtape vibe. I think without the expectations the album is quite alright and very fun!

my first impression is that she should've just named it something else because this is NOT pink friday 2 :hillary:

still have to give it more listens to even know what's my top 10 because almost everything sounded so forgettable... I do like the singles though 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

34 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

Ok so as an avid Nicki fan since 2010, I have had a few days to listen and I have compiled my thoughts:

(disclaimer, Nicki was my #1 fav from 2010-2016, then in 2017 I had my Lana awakening and Nicki got pushed to #2 but regardless, die on the hill loyalty to both, no matter how big the hate trains!)

I, like most, had a LOT of expectations for this album, (nicki didnt do herself any favors by proclaiming it her best work to date over the past few months). I will just say it up front, out of all her albums, I would rank this one in last place. I hope this album boosts up Queen, because I NEVER got the slander for Queen. Everyone talking about how Queen "didnt have a hit" blah blah blah... Chun Li is right there, and besides that album had KILLER lyrics, versatile tracklist, good features, and RICH production. But anyways back to PF2. I do like this album quite a bit as far as songs go. As an album as a whole, it is a bit of a hot mess but so is this whole era. The manic rollout, the campy over the top cover art, idk it just all screams big pink hot mess and I kinda live for it. the tracklist tells no story, its like a compilation of songs all thrown on the same record.

I do not like the intro track at all. I think Barbie Dangerous, Beep Beep & FTCU deserve to be longer, but only bc they are so good! I was shocked that they were so short, felt a tad under cooked in that sense. The pop tracks, Pink Friday Girls, Super Freaky Girl, Cowgirl etc are all so good and I love them. Heart of Glass sample I hated that song on first listen but now I love it and its always stuck in my head (if I had a dollar for every time I said "you just mad I did it better and first" yesterday...). The sampling was a bit much but I didnt hate any of the samples except for the billie one.

Not an amazing show stopping career highlight album, just more of a fun mixtape vibe. I think without the expectations the album is quite alright and very fun!

U totally get it.

Worst usage of samples I’ve heard recently. To listen to Cyndi Lauper, Blondie, Billie Eilish etc like that is abhorrent… It feels over saturated and forgettable all at once. 

I only really love FTCU, Bahm Bahm and Big Difference.

IMG-7960.jpg

Yeah well I listened to it and sooooo many songs are not it for me. I sketched a little tracklist trying to make it more cohesive and it kinda works?

1. Barbie Dangerous / Beep Beep (double track)
  2. Big Difference
  3. Red Ruby Da Sleeze
  4. My Life
  5. RNB (feat. Lil Wayne & Tate Kobang)
  6. Pink Birthday
  7. Let Me Calm Down (feat. J. Cole)
  8. Bahm Bahm
  9. Fallin 4 U
  10. Last Time I Saw You
  11. Blessings (feat. Tasha Cobbs Leonard)
  12. Just the Memories

i get that Super Freaky Girl is like the hit of the album but I hate it so I removed it + it doesn't really fit with what I chose to keep so yeah

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: