StationToStation

FKA twigs

Give Up >>>>>>> Two Weeks

I get what you all are saying, but at some point I have to stop trying to be a hipster and denying good songs are good songs. Liike "Numbers" is the worst song on LP1 for example.

The tired hipster excuse. :bye3:

Disliking a shitty + popular + "easily accessible" song to new fans doesn't make me or anyone else a hipster. I fucking stan Britney Spears for fuck's sake. Björk, Lana, Charli. ALL mainstream artists. So can we please stop with that tired ass insult?

Numbers is an interlude p much. It's boring but it serves its purpose, so I give it a pass from being the worst. Give Up is an empty attempt at mirroring the sexy electro R&B kinda feel that Two Weeks succeeds at doing.

Sorry for the cattiness.

14417469274.gif

Yall don't like Two Weeks and Give Up only cause they are more friendly at first listen, so you wont be edgy by calling them your faves  :creep:  :creep:

Give Up >>>>>>> Two Weeks

I get what you all are saying, but at some point I have to stop trying to be a hipster and denying good songs are good songs. Like "Numbers" is the worst song on LP1 for example.

I think Video Girl is more of an "avant garde" song than Give Up.

See Video Girl is the REAL fan favorite...If I was trying to special and edgy I'd drag that song, but like Two Weeks, it's actually good. Give Up isn't the fan fav, it isn't the single. How am I being a hipster?

Jesus come on we're all friends here, let's take a breath. Opinions surrounding favorite songs are really just fun chatter, I wasn't being all that serious.

Speaking of "Video Girl" btw, I think I may have convinced myself that the bridge there is my favorite musical moment on the album.

H0bDaqU.gif

Jesus come on we're all friends here, let's take a breath. Opinions surrounding favorite songs are really just fun chatter, I wasn't being all that serious.

Speaking of "Video Girl" btw, I think I may have convinced myself that the bridge there is my favorite musical moment on the album.

Which is why I apologized for my cattiness.. :$

But what! Not you paying dust to Pendulum's bridge! :P

Have y'all listened to all the instrumentals yet? I've listened to a handful and like...

They're all amazing ofc but they feel so different than the completed song. I don't feel like that happens very often with other artists and their instrumentals tbh. Like, her voice (and the vocal distortion effects) adds so much more to the songs. Kicks & Closer feel especially different to me.

14417469274.gif

Which is why I apologized for my cattiness.. :$

But what! Not you paying dust to Pendulum's bridge! :P

Have y'all listened to all the instrumentals yet? I've listened to a handful and like...

They're all amazing ofc but they feel so different than the completed song. I don't feel like that happens very often with other artists and their instrumentals tbh. Like, her voice (and the vocal distortion effects) adds so much more to the songs. Kicks & Closer feel especially different to me.

Yes I saw that  :)

true, "Pendulum" is a close contender there.... and funny you said that! I actually hadn't listened to them but I just had her discography on shuffle and the "Preface" instrumental came on and I swear to god it took me 15 seconds to figure out what it was lol. I had a mini-meltdown thinking someone snuck a brand new twigs track onto my iTunes library or something lol :toofloppy: 

but yeah anyway like you said the instrumentals really work excellent solo as well. It shows how great the productions really are down to the core.

H0bDaqU.gif

Give up is amazing chill, like numbers is the only meh song for me and I think it's BC of its lack of a strong melody like it feels like it's just distorted sounds and no real clear melody line

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

"Got something to say?

I dont wanna hear about it

Say you're feeling the fame

I hate, the thing's you're going through

But what you're going to do"

:flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

Lyrically I agree, but musically, I think the bridge of Two Weeks is the best moment of the album. But the click clack sound is used really well in the Video Girl bridge.

6oOJ3n4.jpg?1

So I finally cleaned up my collection (there's not much to clean but still lol), is there anything else pressing I am missing? Was there something about two versions of "Walk 'til You're Dead"?

kb8pW4l.png

sorry to bother, but could you please post your cover arts for the LP1 instrumentals and the unreleased?  :)

and just for the sake of not making another post for basically the same request, I once saw while lurking her thread a Charli XCX unreleased cover art you had made and posted. I believe it was kind of orange-y themed. Do you remember/have it?

sorry to bother, but could you please post your cover arts for the LP1 instrumentals and the unreleased?  :)

and just for the sake of not making another post for basically the same request, I once saw while lurking her thread a Charli XCX unreleased cover art you had made and posted. I believe it was kind of orange-y themed. Do you remember/have it?

not a bother at all! :)

CTk2uTq.jpg

0jD8BmH.jpg

6zgF5qy.jpg

H0bDaqU.gif