StationToStation

FKA twigs

it's not bad by any means just sooooooo underwhelming for her... probably her most simple and vapid song and it sounds like shes a feature since she only sings for like 1/4 of the song?

it sounds like an unfinished demo, or something that would play as background music in a movie... not album material imo

like compared to two weeks and cellophane, as a lead this would be embarrassing 

20 hours ago, HigherThanHope said:

I don't get why everyone hates DJM so much 

I don't think anyone hates it, it's just that 1. it's very underwhelming compared to everything she put out, 2. she is more like a feature than lead artist, 3. the song is virtually the same from the interlude that was released almost a year prior.

自由になる自由がある

2 hours ago, Wanna Get Fucked Up said:

it's not bad by any means just sooooooo underwhelming for her... probably her most simple and vapid song and it sounds like shes a feature since she only sings for like 1/4 of the song?

it sounds like an unfinished demo, or something that would play as background music in a movie... not album material imo

like compared to two weeks and cellophane, as a lead this would be embarrassing 

Or maybe it's a promo single that could just be slapped as a bonus track in the end?

I lowkey like it, but I agree that it feels so inferior compared to her previous catalogue. But I think a solo version would be a lot better. Just to hear her more in the song.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

People do the most with her "barely being on the track" ... Not to whip out the receipts but she's on more than half of the song, not to mention a fair share of it is instrumental (like always).

Him 0:00-0:20

Her 0:20-1:45

Him 1:45-2:45

Her 2:45-3:05

Him 3:05-3:15

Both 3:15-3:35

I get that it's her worst lead, but the amount of criticism this song gets is so weird to me, personally. It's a perfectly good song with a beautiful sentiment and gorgeous vocals/melody. What is so bad ddd

Also I can't @ a use calling this song VAPID. It's not her best work, but it is NOT vapid omg lol

It’s not a bad song, there is just nothing there sonically to latch onto. There isn’t a melody or some great turn of phrase that really drives it home. 

what REALLY bothers me about don’t judge me is that we got “judge me (interlude)” on april 2020, then she basically rereleased the song as her own 9 months later, without really adding much to it in her part, since she sings basically the same thing

also i kinda prefer the mixing on the interlude 

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

6 hours ago, rare said:

what REALLY bothers me about don’t judge me is that we got “judge me (interlude)” on april 2020, then she basically rereleased the song as her own 9 months later, without really adding much to it in her part, since she sings basically the same thing

also i kinda prefer the mixing on the interlude 

Yea this part is totally fair. I was like, twigs, wyd? Lol

i'm sorry but she literally just says "don't judge me" over and over followed by variations of similar sentences (i.e., take care of me, hold me, etc)

by her standards it's quiet simple and vapid imo...  

vapid literally means unstimulating and that's exactly what twigs portion of this song is in comparison to her other work :( it's really not bad, just disappointing 

6 hours ago, Wanna Get Fucked Up said:

i'm sorry but she literally just says "don't judge me" over and over followed by variations of similar sentences (i.e., take care of me, hold me, etc)

by her standards it's quiet simple and vapid imo...  

vapid literally means unstimulating and that's exactly what twigs portion of this song is in comparison to her other work :( it's really not bad, just disappointing 

So many of her songs - especially on the best album of all time MAGDALENE - are repetitive lyrically, the same thing 'over and over again'. That is a fact.

I'm not saying you can't dislike the song - IDC personally, cuz I love it haha - but do you really think a song with that production and those melodies and that subject matter is "lacking life" or "insipid" or "dull"? 

Good To Love got similar reception, IIRC, for being a little more mainstream or 'normal' for what she normally released. I'm not saying DJM is her best song - I, too, would rank it at the bottom of her discog - but it being "disappointing" because twigs has such high standards and "vapid" are two very different things (IMO).

2 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

didn't she say she was releasing an album last year 

Yes and she even performed one of its song at Studio 2054 with Dua Lipa, but for some reason she still hasn't released it :toofunny:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900