Sitar

Tropico Premiere on Vevo

Feeling very suicidal and murderous right now because I live in Missouri. & I'm not joking when I say that if there's an off chance any of you live in Lee's Summit you can come watch it with me at my house. :aw:

oh my goodness I'm in St. Louis, so close yet so far.

tumblr_m7svqbGo5h1rc7tvjo1_500.gif

i'm gonna try my best to get in contact w/ her and i will definitely tell her about lanaboards and how we're all unhealthily obsessed with her and that she should come and browse sometime 

Oh, she knows... she definitely knows.  :creep:

:deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

i'm gonna try my best to get in contact w/ her and i will definitely tell her about lanaboards and how we're all unhealthily obsessed with her and that she should come and browse sometime 

she might actually do it cause i'm pretty sure she likes to read about herself lmao 

ooh.... not sure if thats a good idea lol... quick hide lanalysis

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

Or to put it in Aussie terms, this would be almost like telling people from Melbourne that they should be happy because their favorite artist has performed in Perth a bunch of times.

awww yeee shout out 2 ata :slowhairflip:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

You all need to stop arguing about Lana touring. Lana has performed ONCE in Canada and it was in Toronto, well before she was famous, when VG was her only pro video on YouTube. It costs at least $1000 to fly return to Toronto from the west coast (not that it matters for me since I get a discount but I digress) and normal people could barely afford that to visit family let alone to go to a concert. Canadian fans are the forgotten few. I'll have to sell my body and leave my country to see the Queen.

I hate to keep addressing this issue, but I hope my earlier post wasn't misinterpreted. I wasn't trying to start a pity party or a contest about which country's fans have it worst. There are many fans on this forum from far-flung places that don't have a snowball's chance in hell of Lana performing within reasonable travel distance. Obviously they have it worst. Rather, I was trying to make these points:

• The low number of US tour dates Lana has performed relative to the number of European tour dates she has performed is unusual and disproportionate for an artist from the US (especially one that fetishizes Americana), even accounting for the disparity in her popularity between the US and Europe.
  • The degree of disparity defies financial incentives and seems grounded in less than admirable motivations (either pettiness and spite or thin-skinnedness and fear).
  • While most people in places other than Europe or North America have less or even no opportunity to see Lana perform, that is not that unusual for an American artist. It is unusual for an American artist to perform so relatively infrequently in her own country.
  • A large proportion of her American fans do not live within reasonable travel distance of any of the few shows she has done in the US as they've been concentrated mostly in just two cities. A much smaller proportion of her European fans can say this.
  • I'll not be lectured by Brits of all people about this when the number of opportunities they've had to see Lana is wildly disproportionate even compared to the rest of Europe. Especially when they bring it up unprompted.

But for what it's worth, I agree with you @@Lanakai that Canada has gotten the shaft too. You're collateral damage in her avoidance of US shows since most popular artists plan North American tours with dates in both countries (and sometimes Mexico). And as a side note, Toronto was actually the closest show I could have gone to before Lollapalooza.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.