lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

The announcement of Ultraviolence made me happier than Tropico itself!

I can't wait for the album to come out. Hope that it will be as good as Born To Die.

i am nothing and should be everything

Okay, this isn't a pizza parlor. We're not making personal pizzas...

But If you wanted to know my order, and I'd like a large pie of Boarding School.

Boarding School and Playing Dangerous! :)

As much as I love Black Beauty and AFFA i still see them as the aftermath of Paradise, so it would be more fitting with a new sound.

There's litteratly no genre she can't do. 

I would actually love to hear a more 60's organ rock inspired sound. Something really crazy and psychedelic.

Don't know whether this is legit or not but take a look.

It's 6 months old tho. 

I saw that when it was posted.

I think the conversation was real, but the information wasn't. I think Lana must have mentioned the leaks to her dad and he thought that QOD (etc) were meant for the new abum. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to know 100% what's going on with Lana's song choices.

Tim Larcome posted link to Tropico on his Facebook and someone, a girl named Laura, asked im if there was a new album and he replied: "New album on the way Laura! Next year."

So, the release year is 2014 and Tim Larcombe (Off To The Races) is still involved in the production! Also, Tim refered to it as an album, impying that's it's most likely a a full length record and not an EP. Lana called it a new 'record' so it's a little ambiguous. If it's an album, we should be expecting at least 12 songs (the number of songs on Born To Die, not including bonus tracks.)

Do you guys remember that Instagram video that popped up during TPE tour of Lana singing an unidentifiable song w/ the band? It sounded sort of rock/experimental.. wondering if it has anything to do w/ Ultraviolence

Good call! I completey forgot about that song!

I'll add it to the possible list of songs.

I guess that means I should add anything post-paradise too.

Even though personally I don't think JFK, Hollywood or Starry Eyed will make it.

Also, for those who need reminding, here's the song she performed:

http://instagram.com/p/b3o42DOjqt/

All this confidence in the album title and it being released next year makes me think it's at least half finished. Which is weird considering all her recent comments about losing inspiration, taking a break, etc.

That clip from Brian's Instagram sounded incredible so I hope it's a song from the album.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

I might be reading too much into this but back in August, Barrie tweeted Dan Heath and then he tweeted 'W' 7 minutes afterwards.

Now, didn't Lana have a song called W up on her Myspace? Why would Barrie be tweeting Dan Heath out of the blue unless they either hung out that day or unless maybe... just maybe, they were both in the studio together with Lana working on a song called W:hdu:

Tim Larcome posted link to Tropico on his Facebook and someone, a girl named Laura, asked im if there was a new album and he replied: "New album on the way Laura! Next year."

So, the release year is 2014 and Tim Larcombe (Off To The Races) is still involved in the production! Also, Tim refered to it as an album, impying that's it's most likely a a full length record and not an EP. Lana called it a new 'record' so it's a little ambiguous. If it's an album, we should be expecting at least 12 songs (the number of songs on Born To Die, not including bonus tracks.)

:blush2:  :blush2:  :blush2:  :blush2:  :smile:  :smile:

god knows I tried

Guest Dot

Please no Off to the Races 2.0 thank you very much!

Good call! I completey forgot about that song!

I'll add it to the possible list of songs.

I guess that means I should add anything post-paradise too.

Even though personally I don't think JFK, Hollywood or Starry Eyed will make it.

Also, for those who need reminding, here's the song she performed:

http://instagram.com/p/b3o42DOjqt/

WHY have I not seen this before.

Sounds to me the lyrics are:

... There's no way out

I think about it every night but I just can't...

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

As much as i like Parker, Hayne ect. i kinda don't want BTD 2.0 either, not that i want a whole genre change or anything but i'd like to see her try out some new stuff, or work more with producers who have only appeared on her albums once or twice. I'm fine if regualrs come back for some of it though of course, she's done cool stuff with them before so all good.

Angels Forever is gorgous, i love it, but it sounds like Ride 2 and a Paradise left over, i don't want this new album to sound like that.

I would not put too much into the album title as a clue to the sound or type of music. My guess we'll see a black beauty EP style album but that is a guess. I also think we'll get more 60s pop like Queen of Disaster and Never Let Me Go or On Our Way.

Does Dark Side of Moon give any clues to the type of music on the album? I don't think Destroyer was destructive by KISS.