lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Just because Tim Larcombe is the first producer to reply to a Facebook comment doesn't mean he's that involved. Consider he only had one song on Paradise and two on Born to Die.

Which songs on BTD?

Off to the Races and This Is What Makes Us Girls. :)

Hmm....OTTR is really good, but TIWMUG could have better production...I remain indifferent.

If Lana is in it it will be flawless anyway.

ASCAP says Live or Die was written by Lana and Jarrard Rogers and that it's own by EMI. Doesn't add up tbh.
EDIT: I just looked it up and apparently UMG has acquired EMI.

However, Edward Gallegos he was mentioned before on the forum (in the Break My Fall thread) so I think maybe he just helped with the lyrics and nothing more. His name is associated with a video of AFFA - and that's for (was written around the time of) this new record, right? So there might be a hint of truth.

Here's his Instagram page though, but he doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would write for Lana. Matching username to the youtube channel though? I'm doubtful but excited.

"UPCOMING"? WHAT THE FUCK 

S1FxKNH.png

WHO IS EDWARD GALLEGOS? IS THIS HIS LEGIT ACCOUNT? AM I IN NEED OF AN AMBULANCE 

he co-wrote Beak My Fall too apparently. Interesting

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

i messaged him on facebook to verify whether or not it was actually him who sent me the message on youtube. he's listed as a "lyricist at UMG" and has 1000+ friends so i'm assuming its his real account. hopefully he actually sees the message, because i'm pretty sure its going to end up in his 'other' box since we're not friends 

when you google "edward gallegos" the 2nd or 3rd automated search is "edward gallegos lana del rey" so i'm assuming they've got some sort of past affiliation? i am so lost and oblivious when it comes to song credits, etc so i don't know which (if any) songs he's written or helped her write (and/or if live or die is actually one of them) 

ZRBNill.jpg

And his name appears on an AFFA video

Is Lana Del Rey pulling a Beyonce on this Gallegos guy and he's seeking vengeance via fan video descriptions?

S1FxKNH.png

He's a lyricist and sounds like he's pretty pissed for not getting credit for the lyric writing! he's asking for Lana to only be credited as the artist :$ does this mean Lana doesn't really write her lyrics??!!?

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

someone search for all the youtube videos he's expecting credit for and see if his name comes up 

i don't know why he'd bother to message me my video has like 0.008% of the views that lana would normally get 

ZRBNill.jpg

I'm totally 100% here for more Tim Larcombe tracks! I also think Lana's voice really suits rock music so I'm so ready for more Velvet Crowbar-ish songs. Either way, I just hope it's not Paradise-y at all. I think it's beautiful and all but I over tracks like Ride/Bel Air/AFFA/Black Beauty. I need something new from Lana.

All of this! I think that if the leaks made her reconsider making another record full of Black Beauty/Paradise style songs, it's all for good.

I'm looking forward to more of the dark and unique Lana that I love.

Velvet Crowbar is amazing, so it would be nice to get more songs like that. I've always wanted more rock songs from Lana.

I really hope that she's not gonna release generic pop music or more Black Beauty-like songs...

I hope the Live or Die news is real, I adore that song. It's so fun!

i am nothing and should be everything

S1FxKNH.png

:assad:

Hm. While what this guy is saying could hold some truth, I'm more of the opinion that he may just be trying to look for attention/credit whore. Finding youtube videos of songs you supposedly wrote (with very little views, no less) just so your name may be added to the description doesn't seem like something a real lyricist would do. And I really doubt Lana would use a known unreleased song for her new album, but it does fit into the whole "ULTRAVIOLENCE" theme.

jIERh1T.png

well are u authorized to tell me how big ur dick is 

no but really i also asked him if he got my message on facebook (to verify his identity) we'll see what he says next, if anything. if this guy isn't for real, its like... what an extremely random way to troll people 

ZRBNill.jpg