lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Hell to the no! I srsly hope that is not the direction for the album.

I also found the cover of KOHD awful, but mainly because I hate that song and Dylan in general.

I always find it extremly tacky and uninspiring when an artist covers Dylan, Oasis and Nirvana. Such obvious pics and so often done.

I actually agree. I don't want her to become May Jailer again, and Born to Die and Paradise is what I associate Lana Del Rey with. As much as I love the leaks, it's in the past, and I hope she wont change her sound too much. 

1olt2g.jpg

I actually agree. I don't want her to become May Jailer again, and Born to Die and Paradise is what I associate Lana Del Rey with. As much as I love the leaks, it's in the past, and I hope she wont change her sound too much. 

Lol, there's a huge difference between May Jailer and indie rock. The former is more Jewel-esque and the latter can mean so many different things. 

Indie rock? Well, some years too late then, I guess.

I would say the exact opposite. 

And I loved the indie rock sound of her first album. Her voice would be incredible over a shoegaze soundscape (like The Radio Dept's) instrumentals. 

I don't get this renewed interest in Moroder.  He was cheesy in the 70s-80s, forgotten in the 90s-00s, and now just because Daft Punk brings him back he's passed this threshold where he's considered "good".  Dude sucks, there's a reason why Italo Disco didn't take in the U.S.  He is so campy and doesn't realize it still after 40 years.

Yeah I get the Scarface soundtrack but it fit with the film, lest anyone remembers his abortion to Metropolis.

Don't know anything about this guy but I love Eurobeat which I've been told is just sped up Italo Disco. I can't imagine Lana doing it; she likes that faux serious artsy aesthetic. But then again I love campy things, which is the only reason I can stomach every Eurobeat song rhyming "fire" with "desire" (hmm maybe Lana can do it after all...).

i dont think she'll go back (to the basicszzzz)

:lel:

judging by paradise following up to btd, and y&b + ouad, seems like it will never be that acoustic stuff so ya

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I guess this isn't really UV related but this is fucking weird, no?

BgjzwTWIEAAlvNc.png

Sounds like someone is not handling a breakup very well. :O maybe it's true they aren't together.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

well they were seen together like 10 days ago. maybe he wrote it about a different couple? idk but it's weird

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Is Barrie allowed to write songs about people he has met, or something he has seen? Must every woman in his lyrics  have to be Lana? Is every man that Lana writes about Barrie? Because if this is really about Lana, Barrie will be thrown, head first, out of the house.

Is Barrie allowed to write songs about people he has met, or something he has seen? Must every woman in his lyrics  have to be Lana? Is every man that Lana writes about Barrie? Because if this is really about Lana, Barrie will be thrown, head first, out of the house.

No. Singers are never allowed to write about the past.

But really, who knows what it's about. I like him, but he's an odd one.