lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Are you in America? cause born to die and paradise was promoted to death in the UK an Europe the PR company went well over the top and it created a backlash for her, in the UK people don't fall for the whole PR push. The only paper that covers regular stories on her now are the Daily Mail and they work with any pr/story that's going, like it's not a great thing it's pretty tacky. I think she really needs to make Poly/universal back some money cause they have invested a lot of cash in her,  she's sold 4.2 million in two years last years sales were 1.4 million I think, so it's not great, I don't think they are going to take risks.

Marina is going to be dropped cause she just isn't making the sales even after the commercial electra push, according to her she's bankrupted her label   :usrs:  

I think part of the reason she was pushed so heavily in Europe is because when they were first going to promote her, they had a certain budget and that budget was going to be broken into parts to promote her in the US and promote her in Europe. When the US criticized her after her SNL performance, they probably decided to take her out of the public eye in the US and just decided to focus all their efforts (and money) into  Europe. Sounds like it didn't turn out so well.. Hopefully they'll even it out a little more with Ultraviolence because I'd love to see more Lana here. I was kinda embarrassed with the Summertime Sadness remix because people actually thought that was her music. :defeated:   

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

I'm really pissed that some fans don't want Lana to get famous because they feel it's like their "little secret" and it makes them sad that she gets famous. BITCH, why are you here? I want Lana to have fame and not keep her as a secret, wtf? Ultraviolence better do well on her career. 

image.png

It'd be interesting to see how Ultraviolence performs. I feel a lot of Born to Die was sold off the back of Video Games which was a massive hit, culturally, even if it didn't exactly ignite charts. Lana has an obligation to fulfill, the label is not going to let her suddenly go 'death metal'. Whilst she may talk about it being "unlistenable" this seems to be more lyrically-based than auditory, some people have taken this too literally. She's going to come back with something similar to her original song. Ride seems to be a song to sell Paradise, as it sounds foreign to the rest of the work on the album. The label will keep her in check, as much as we want to think she has complete control, the label will force her into doing certain things. She's definitely not Madonna, and even Madonna has a boss. Even if we think of Lana has having freedom, she has enough freedom to be the artist she wants to be without the limitations that plague artists of great success, such as the Gaga and Katy, where they have a niche to fill. She's lucky in that respect.

She'd be foolish to completely change her sound, and I think that even though Dan, or Emlie, or whoever, is working on this album we underestimate that Lana herself has a specific sound and she's savvy and knows (and wants to sell records) that it'd be catered to HER sound rather than whatever producer she's working with. Even Ride with Rick Rubin is one of the most Lana-esque tracks. I'm most interested to her Giorgio Moroder but ultimately, I think we know she's stubborn in the studio. But Interscope, and every label, want her to sell. 

Well, to some people who said that Born to Die underperformed in Europe and that the sales in general were kinda "meh", I really have to disagree. Her album was the 4th biggest selling in 2012 and inside the Top20 in 2013. For an album that got released in January in 2012, it is more than remarkable that it was able to sell that well throughout 2013.

She is one of the best selling female artists (only regarding her album sales) in recent two or three years. Her album has done better than the latest releases of Madonna, RIhanna, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Ellie Goulding, Emile Sande, Miley Cyrus.

Also, don't check Wikipedia for sales and certifications. One example for Wikipedia: the sales in France on her wiki page currently stand at 356k. In truth, she is already over 460k. You get a Diamond certification in France for 500k. Her sales in the UK are almost 900k, around 550k in Germany, over 60k in italy and Switzerland, 100k in Poland (Diamond) etc.

She was only outsold by Katy Perry, Adele, Pink and Taylor Swift. This is a huge achievement for a pop female artist selling 4.5 million records and she wasn't promoted at all in Asia. That is the only territory where she is a non-factor.

Well, to some people who said that Born to Die underperformed in Europe and that the sales in general were kinda "meh", I really have to disagree. Her album was the 4th biggest selling in 2012 and inside the Top20 in 2013. For an album that got released in January in 2012, it is more than remarkable that it was able to sell that well throughout 2013.

I completely agree, I think BTD did absolutely amazing, especially for her first major label debut album.

I also think it's worth mentioning that more than two years after the release, it's still charting on the Billboard Top 200, and last time I checked it was at 50-something.

I completely agree, I think BTD did absolutely amazing, especially for her first major label debut album.

I also think it's worth mentioning that more than two years after the release, it's still charting on the Billboard Top 200, and last time I checked it was at 50-something.

This week at No.39  :party:

In the sales climate that we have since over a decade and with declining sales every year, her achievement is more than impressive.

She is one of the best selling female artists (only regarding her album sales) in recent two or three years. Her album has done better than the latest releases of Madonna, RIhanna, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Ellie Goulding, Emile Sande, Miley Cyrus.

Also, don't check Wikipedia for sales and certifications. One example for Wikipedia: the sales in France on her wiki page currently stand at 356k. In truth, she is already over 460k. You get a Diamond certification in France for 500k. Her sales in the UK are almost 900k, around 550k in Germany, over 60k in italy and Switzerland, 100k in Poland (Diamond) etc.

She was only outsold by Katy Perry, Adele, Pink and Taylor Swift. This is a huge achievement for a pop female artist selling 4.5 million records and she wasn't promoted at all in Asia. That is the only territory where she is a non-factor.

Tell'emm

4.5 million albums

8 million singles.

Using Wiki as source tho. Lmao

Oh no! We have another asshat member who thinks they know better than the thousand of us already here! I have a name for this phenomena. It's called the 'Basic Bitch' syndrome:

tumblr_n1ffcretSF1qerg8so4_1280.gif
Your condescending, egotistical tone is not appreciated on this forum. It makes you look like an ill mannered, un-educated idiot. Did somebody shit in your chest cavity today? Were you recently part of a human centipede or do you actually talk shit all the time? Do you talk this way to your friends (but of course, I doubt you have any by the way you present yourself).

You can act as high and mighty all you want but it's not gonna make the people around you love you any more than they already hate you (including everybody on this forum). I have some news to break to you buddy, you are not smart and you are most certainly not polite. You think you're the shit but in reality, you are not. You are a rude pretentious asshole arguing on a forum. I'm comfortable telling you this, not only because I started this topic 3 months and 73 pages ago, but because statistically I am better than you and I am putting you in your place. Here's some visual proof.

tumblr_n1ffcretSF1qerg8so2_500.jpg

tumblr_n1ffcretSF1qerg8so3_400.jpg

Everybody fucking knows that Lana did not record an album in one day. She started working way before Tropico was announced. That's why we know about Trans Am.  :flutter: Black Beauty is from early 2013 so she has obviously been working on Ultraviolence for over a year and we all fucking know it. We don't need your simple minded ass telling us shit we already know!

"And you think an artist as big as Lana is going to make an entire album of her and ONE producer." Of course not, you fucking dimwitted shit brained idiot! We already know the confirmed producers. I've listed them in the OP. I've even talked to Dan Heath myself. You're not dropping any groundbreaking news here bud.  ;) All artists work differently. Lana worked solely with David Kahne for AKA and she can do it again if she damn well chooses, but we know that's not the case.

"When I say record, I don't mean just RECORD vocals." Well surprisingly, you will discover that the world does not revolve around you and that the word 'record' has many several meanings. Many people can interpret this as many different things. "I mean the songwriting, production, etc." Oh, so then you didn't mean 'recording' then? Make up your mind  :facepalm: . There are many stages to creating an album and to call it all 'recording' would be misuse of that verb wouldn't it? :creep:  When someone is 'recording' an album, they are most likely talking about vocals, my friend.

"Record in a day. Record what? fart sounds?" I don't think you understand the concept of time. Let's use mathematics! An album is 45 minutes long and there are 24 hours in a day. How many times does 0.75 divide into 24? Of course you don't know because you were obviously educated in a barn, as I am guessing by your lack of manners. An artist, realistically can record an album in one day if they wanted to. We are not saying that Lana did, we are just talking about the concept of 'recording an album in a day' in general. When I told you that Paradise was recorded in one take, you replied: 'I can't even comprehend your post!" Well that's not surprising, but I will extend my knowledge to the mentally deficient.

Time-wise, Lana's vocals theoretically could have all been recorded on the same day (wow, that's crazy!) She entered the studio, sang all of her songs over some demo instrumentals and left the building! This theoretically could have happened! "Are you implying when Lana "Record" an album she simply goes in the studio and sing/record vocals and that's it." Well sir, if you managed to read my comment, I said: "if the producers made the instrumentals beforehand, an album can easily be made in a couple of days." Here, I was talking about an album in general and not Paradise.

Lana does not need to stand behind Dan Heath with a whip shouting at him while he produces the strings to Bel Air now does she? She can easily drop in and out of recording sessions. She recorded Young & Beautiful when Baz Luhrmann was in a different country to her! Wow, technology! Paradise is pretty short. Even if each song took a whole day, it still could (hint: could) have been completed in one and a half weeks! (Crazy! I know you don't understand the concept of time so I will stop talking about this in fear of overloading your brain.)

"I know that Paradise vocals were recorded in one take because you can hear the differences in verse 1 and verse 2." I would rather pour gasoline all over myself and jump through a flaming hoop than read one of your sloppy replies. :teehee:  Of course there are differences in verse 1 and verse 2. That's because they are verses. Verses in songs are usually the same melodically but with different lyrics! If you listen closely, you might be able to hear that they are different! Otherwise, in the case that you meant 'chorus', I have to let you know that recording a chorus twice will only literally extend recording time by 30 seconds every time it's sang. 30 seconds does not make much of a difference on the overall recording time.

"I mean i'm not an artist." I am glad that you are self aware. :hooker:  Children are not usually aware of their own bodies until around 9 months. I'm happy that you have grown to understand what you are and what you are not. Here's something else in which you are not: an expert. Nobody is of course insinuating she scrapped everything and started work with Dan Auerbach in the past few days. Nobody is that fucking crazy to believe that (though, you are pretty fucking crazy for believing that we believe it.) Like I said before, we know long she worked on it. Over a year. Why would she announce the album in December at the Tropico premiere if she started working on it in mid-February with Dan Auerbach? Take a chill pill and don't taking everything so literally. Auerbach most likely placed the finishing touches on each song of the album (which is why she's comfortable presenting it as his as well as hers, since he probably tinkered with the songs last.) This was just a way to announce that a new producer was being introduced to Lana's fold.

"I need a break and stop coming here for a while again because I can't take it." I think you do too! Maybe one of our admins can help you take an extra extra long break! Why not go for a permanent break under the banhammer? :creep:  I'm sure one of our admins will kindly offer it to you. "Look at me I'm recording my voice using my iPhone. I just made my very own album." Are you insinuating that Sirens is a bad album? This is exactly what Lana did in her early career (well maybe not an iPhone). Studio quality isn't everything. I wouldn't care if Lana recorded Ultraviolence using her asshole, it'll still be a work of art and your condescending high-tech talk is killing my brain cells. What's wrong with using an iPhone? If Lana didn't have her iPhone we wouldn't have that beautiful video for Summer Wine you ungrateful piece of filth.  :makeup: 

Lola: "Why are you getting so riled up, Ultra-Violence? You have no idea how Lana has worked on past albums or on this one so calm down and stop acting like you know everything." Lola knows all. You should listen to Lola. Statistically she is also better than you in every single possible way so don't you even dare sass her or else I'm sure she will have no hesitation in smacking you up.  :usrs: You need to listen to her. Take some Ambien and calm the fuck down.

Have you released an album on a major record label? No. I'm not Lola and I definitely have no hesitation in telling you to shut the fuck up. You know the same amount as anybody on the internet. I.E you are not a special snowflake in any way so quit acting like one. You talk more shit than an Azealia Banks in one of her rap songs and you're just generally just exhausting to listen to. We're exhausted feeling sorry for you so you can do yourself a favour and stop talking before I ram you off your high horse into a pile of shit that you spilled from your own mouth. The prestigious ChairCola award for most time-wasting and tiring posts goes to you my friend. Goodbye.

:popcorn:

tumblr_n1ffcretSF1qerg8so1_400.jpg

Oh no! We have another asshat member who thinks they know better than the thousand of us already here! I have a name for this phenomena. It's called the 'Basic Bitch' syndrome:

Your condescending, egotistical tone is not appreciated on this forum. It makes you look like an ill mannered, un-educated idiot. Did somebody shit in your chest cavity today? Were you recently part of a human centipede or do you actually talk shit all the time? Do you talk this way to your friends (but of course, I doubt you have any by the way you present yourself).

You can act as high and mighty all you want but it's not gonna make the people around you love you any more than they already hate you (including everybody on this forum). I have some news to break to you buddy, you are not smart and you are most certainly not polite. You think you're the shit but in reality, you are not. You are a rude pretentious asshole arguing on a forum. I'm comfortable telling you this, not only because I started this topic 3 months and 73 pages ago, but because statistically I am better than you and I am putting you in your place. Here's some visual proof.

Everybody fucking knows that Lana did not record an album in one day. She started working way before Tropico was announced. That's why we know about Trans Am.  :flutter: Black Beauty is from early 2013 so she has obviously been working on Ultraviolence for over a year and we all fucking know it. We don't need your simple minded ass telling us shit we already know!

"And you think an artist as big as Lana is going to make an entire album of her and ONE producer." Of course not, you fucking dimwitted shit brained idiot! We already know the confirmed producers. I've listed them in the OP. I've even talked to Dan Heath myself. You're not dropping any groundbreaking news here bud.  ;) All artists work differently. Lana worked solely with David Kahne for AKA and she can do it again if she damn well chooses, but we know that's not the case.

"When I say record, I don't mean just RECORD vocals." Well surprisingly, you will discover that the world does not revolve around you and that the word 'record' has many several meanings. Many people can interpret this as many different things. "I mean the songwriting, production, etc." Oh, so then you didn't mean 'recording' then? Make up your mind  :facepalm: . There are many stages to creating an album and to call it all 'recording' would be misuse of that verb wouldn't it? :creep:  When someone is 'recording' an album, they are most likely talking about vocals, my friend.

"Record in a day. Record what? fart sounds?" I don't think you understand the concept of time. Let's use mathematics! An album is 45 minutes long and there are 24 hours in a day. How many times does 0.75 divide into 24? Of course you don't know because you were obviously educated in a barn, as I am guessing by your lack of manners. An artist, realistically can record an album in one day if they wanted to. We are not saying that Lana did, we are just talking about the concept of 'recording an album in a day' in general. When I told you that Paradise was recorded in one take, you replied: 'I can't even comprehend your post!" Well that's not surprising, but I will extend my knowledge to the mentally deficient.

Time-wise, Lana's vocals theoretically could have all been recorded on the same day (wow, that's crazy!) She entered the studio, sang all of her songs over some demo instrumentals and left the building! This theoretically could have happened! "Are you implying when Lana "Record" an album she simply goes in the studio and sing/record vocals and that's it." Well sir, if you managed to read my comment, I said: "if the producers made the instrumentals beforehand, an album can easily be made in a couple of days." Here, I was talking about an album in general and not Paradise.

Lana does not need to stand behind Dan Heath with a whip shouting at him while he produces the strings to Bel Air now does she? She can easily drop in and out of recording sessions. She recorded Young & Beautiful when Baz Luhrmann was in a different country to her! Wow, technology! Paradise is pretty short. Even if each song took a whole day, it still could (hint: could) have been completed in one and a half weeks! (Crazy! I know you don't understand the concept of time so I will stop talking about this in fear of overloading your brain.)

"I know that Paradise vocals were recorded in one take because you can hear the differences in verse 1 and verse 2." I would rather pour gasoline all over myself and jump through a flaming hoop than read one of your sloppy replies. burn.gif Of course there are differences in verse 1 and verse 2. That's because they are verses. Verses in songs are usually the same melodically but with different lyrics! If you listen closely, you might be able to hear that they are different! Otherwise, in the case that you meant 'chorus', I have to let you know that recording a chorus twice will only literally extend recording time by 30 seconds every time it's sang. 30 seconds does not make much of a difference on the overall recording time.

"I mean i'm not an artist." I am glad that you are self aware. :hooker:  Children are not usually aware of their own bodies until around 9 months. I'm happy that you have grown to understand what you are and what you are not. Here's something else in which you are not: an expert. Nobody is of course insinuating she scrapped everything and started work with Dan Auerbach in the past few days. Nobody is that fucking crazy to believe that (though, you are pretty fucking crazy for believing that we believe it.) Like I said before, we know long she worked on it. Over a year. Why would she announce the album in December at the Tropico premiere if she started working on it in mid-February with Dan Auerbach? Take a chill pill and don't taking everything so literally. Auerbach most likely placed the finishing touches on each song of the album (which is why she's comfortable presenting it as his as well as hers, since he probably tinkered with the songs last.) This was just a way to announce that a new producer was being introduced to Lana's fold.

"I need a break and stop coming here for a while again because I can't take it." I think you do too! Maybe one of our admins can help you take an extra extra long break! Why not go for a permanent under the banhammer? :creep:  I'm sure one of our admins will kindly offer it to you. "Look at me I'm recording my voice using my iPhone. I just made my very own album." Are you insinuating that Sirens is a bad album? This is exactly what Lana did in her early career (well maybe not an iPhone). Studio quality isn't everything. I wouldn't care if Lana recorded Ultraviolence using her asshole, it'll still be a work of art and your condescending high-tech talk is killing my brain cells. What's wrong with using an iPhone? If Lana didn't have her iPhone we wouldn't have that beautiful video for Summer Wine you ungrateful piece of filth.  :makeup: 

Lola: "Why are you getting so riled up, Ultra-Violence? You have no idea how Lana has worked on past albums or on this one so calm down and stop acting like you know everything." Lola knows all. You should listen to Lola. Statistically she is also better than you in every single possible way so don't you even dare sass her or else I'm sure she will have no hesitation in smacking you up.  :usrs: You need to listen to her. Take some Ambien and calm the fuck down. Have you released an album on a major record label? No. I'm not Lola and I definitely have no hesitation in telling you to shut the fuck up. You know the same amount as anybody on the internet. I.E you are not a special snowflake in any way so quit acting like one. You talk more shit than an Azealia Banks in one of her rap song and you're generally just exhausting to listen to. We're exhausted feeling sorry for you so you can do yourself a favour and stop talking before I ram you off your high horse into a pile of shit that you spilled from your own mouth. The prestigious ChairCola award for most time-wasting and tiring posts goes to you my friend. Goodbye.

OH

MY

FUCKING

GOD

:rip:

you are my idol

"I know that Paradise vocals were recorded in one take because you can hear the differences in verse 1 and verse 2." I would rather pour gasoline all over myself and jump through a flaming hoop than read one of your sloppy replies. burn.gif Of course there are differences in verse 1 and verse 2. That's because they are verses. Verses in songs are usually the same melodically but with different lyrics! If you listen closely, you might be able to hear that they are different! Otherwise, in the case that you meant 'chorus', I have to let you know that recording a chorus twice will only literally extend recording time by 30 seconds every time it's sang. 30 seconds does not make much of a difference on the overall recording time.

"I need a break and stop coming here for a while again because I can't take it." I think you do too! Maybe one of our admins can help you take an extra extra long break! Why not go for a permanent under the banhammer? :creep:  I'm sure one of our admins will kindly offer it to you. "Look at me I'm recording my voice using my iPhone. I just made my very own album." Are you insinuating that Sirens is a bad album? This is exactly what Lana did in her early career (well maybe not an iPhone). Studio quality isn't everything. I wouldn't care if Lana recorded Ultraviolence using her asshole, it'll still be a work of art and your condescending high-tech talk is killing my brain cells. What's wrong with using an iPhone? If Lana didn't have her iPhone we wouldn't have that beautiful video for Summer Wine you ungrateful piece of filth.  :makeup: 

Lola: "Why are you getting so riled up, Ultra-Violence? You have no idea how Lana has worked on past albums or on this one so calm down and stop acting like you know everything." Lola knows all. You should listen to Lola. Statistically she is also better than you in every single possible way so don't you even dare sass her or else I'm sure she will have no hesitation in smacking you up.  :usrs: You need to listen to her. Take some Ambien and calm the fuck down. Have you released an album on a major record label? No. I'm not Lola and I definitely have no hesitation in telling you to shut the fuck up. You know the same amount as anybody on the internet. I.E you are not a special snowflake in any way so quit acting like one. You talk more shit than an Azealia Banks in one of her rap song and you're generally just exhausting to listen to. We're exhausted feeling sorry for you so you can do yourself a favour and stop talking before I ram you off your high horse into a pile of shit that you spilled from your own mouth. The prestigious ChairCola award for most time-wasting and tiring posts goes to you my friend. Goodbye.

Dear lord that was amazing.

:gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:

My reaction to the last two pages .:..

:smokes3: :horror: :icant2: :eek: :ohsnap:  :judgingu:  :die:  :notamused:  :awk: :lolno:

~ this goes down in LBhistory along with Page99 and the Incest Thread

....So Ultraviolence is gonna be a beautiful album :lel:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />