lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I didn't think the earthquake thing Rob posted was to do with the date?? I thought it was more to do with Rib basically saying how groundbreaking UV was going to be; similar to an earthquake. idk maybe I'm not looking into enough or something but that's what's I took

Well yeah, Rob said the same about Tropico and we know how that turned out :creep:

EDIT, OMG the alberm cover just leaked

tumblr_mb493erGmm1r9iikxo1_500.jpg

Now you got me worried about Ultraviolence, because:

- I hate jazz with burning passion :icant:, and whiny, slow jazz songs by singers with bland voices are literally the worst :horror: (doubt that Lana would go that way, not to mention that her voice is lovely, but still)

- I know literally nothing about those guys - have they worked with Lana before?

Well, at least I like Lana's description of the album. :thumb:

i am nothing and should be everything

I feel like maybe she just "came up" with it like she did with hollywood sadcore and surf noir and hawaiian glam metal. Idk, this doesn't sound like Lana at all. She doesn't even play any instruments. Like, it'd be interesting but Lana Del Rey and indie rocker Dan Auerbach making jazz? Nope....

Nu jazz is an umbrella term coined in the late 1990s to refer to music that blends jazz elements with other musical styles, such asfunksoulelectronic dance music, and free improvisation.[1] Also written nü-jazz or NuJazz, it is sometimes called electronic jazzelectro-jazzelectric jazze-jazzjazztronicajazz housephusionneo-jazzfuture jazz or jazz-hop and electro-lounge.

According to critic Tony Brewer,

“Nu Jazz is to (traditional) Jazz what punk or grunge was to Rock, of course. [...] The songs are the focus, not the individual prowess of the musicians. Nu Jazz instrumentation ranges from the traditional to the experimental, the melodies are fresh, and the rhythms new and alive. It makes Jazz fun again.”

Also, I'm not expecting a surprise release at all, she's just teasing like she did with all of her other releases. Btw, visual album is not an actual thing, Beyonce or her marketing team made that word up. Releasing a music video for every track isn't that uncommon (neither are surprise releases).

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I feel like maybe she just "came up" with it like she did with hollywood sadcore and surf noir and hawaiian glam metal. Idk, this doesn't sound like Lana at all. She doesn't even play any instruments. Like, it'd be interesting but Lana Del Rey and indie rocker Dan Auerbach making jazz? Nope....

Nu jazz is an umbrella term coined in the late 1990s to refer to music that blends jazz elements with other musical styles, such asfunksoulelectronic dance music, and free improvisation.[1] Also written nü-jazz or NuJazz, it is sometimes called electronic jazzelectro-jazzelectric jazze-jazzjazztronicajazz housephusionneo-jazzfuture jazz or jazz-hop and electro-lounge.

According to critic Tony Brewer,

“Nu Jazz is to (traditional) Jazz what punk or grunge was to Rock, of course. [...] The songs are the focus, not the individual prowess of the musicians. Nu Jazz instrumentation ranges from the traditional to the experimental, the melodies are fresh, and the rhythms new and alive. It makes Jazz fun again.”

Also, I'm not expecting a surprise release at all, she's just teasing like she did with all of her other releases. Btw, visual album is not an actual thing, Beyonce or her marketing team made that word up. Releasing a music video for every track isn't that uncommon (neither are surprise releases).

I could be totally wrong about this, but "future jazz" does not strike me as a made up genre by Lana, but more that she wanted to say: "This is some future jazz" in the spirit of "this is coming out soon, sometime in the near future" :creep:

thanks for making me read all these senseless pages  :creep:

anyway...

Future Jazz  :hdu:

I don't think this will be a song title and I'm also sure that the album won't consist of classic jazz songs only.

Like some others mentioned before, I think Lana talks about her self-invented genre.

I know that jazz and sadcore aren't the same genres but both of them have this tragic vibe... :toofunny:

Hollywood (or at least Lana's Hollywood "Hollywood's Dead") is something from the past and future is a contrast to that.

Maybe she keeps her sad themes, talking about love stories and stuff but perhaps the door to her past love affairs is finally closed and she will sing about now and the future... ? (speculating, speculating, speculating, gives us a date Lana, I'm going mad  :deadbanana: )

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Would MDM count as Future jazz?? (music retard here)

There is no such a thing as Future Jazz.

Her Future Jazz could mean anything.

And I still don't believe she is describing a gebre I really believe that she is just telling that it is coming "soon" avoiding the word "soon" :creep: