lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Sad Girl, Old Money, Fucked My Way Up To The Top and Florida Kilos have me soo excited at the moment!! I have a feeling that the Money Power Glory chorus will be pretty cool as well, and of course I can't judge Cruel World at all, it sounds really atmospheric but I'm SO hyped to hear the chorus after Lana's description!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Brooklyn Baby went beyond my expectations, and pretty much blew UV, SOC and WC out of the water for me; love them, but Brooklyn Baby is just fucking immaculate. Love the lyrics, love the delivery, love that "narco-swing." Absolutely fucking erotic and arousing, and all around just a sonically, adventurously languid and invigorating song. This track is liquid meth. And Barry's singing at the end just sends me over omfgsomeonegetmeafuckingragplease.

tumblr_mh26ci9i4G1qkf7hmo1_500.gif

:grinds:

Also, not one fucking track has left a foul taste in my mouth yet from these snippets and I am frothing with anticipatory anxiety, especially for OM, TOW, FK, FUCK IT ALL OF THEM.

But I am SO fucking glad that Old Money is the ascended angel of the legendary Methamphetamines.

ALL I NEED TO HEAR NOW IS "IS THIS HAPPINESS" AND "FLIPSIDE," AND I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS IS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS OF THE SUMMER.

I just listened the snippets once and that's it. Nothing more until the release. I don't even know how I feel about the songs, I'm gonna only judge it when I have UV in full.

Same for me. I've held off on listening to Shades of Cool, Ultraviolence and Brooklyn Baby outside of about a 10-15 second snippet for each. I take it that those and WC were the songs they left out? Since it was clearly under 14 songs (I think around 10 or so?) No more listens until the album comes out.

I loved the sound of BTD & Paradise and it definately sounds different from that. I'll wait to the album for a full opinion. Not that 1 listen is enough anyway. Was very disappointed with West Coast on the first listen but its since grown on me quite a bit.

They talked about the possibility of her working with Quentin Tarantino. Make it happen. :agree2:

Lana gonna get her toes sucked reeeeeeaaaaal good... Weirdly, I think she'd enjoy that.

:hawt:

DAE think that she sounds high in this interview, especially talking about LA?

And paging @@merman... Lana said she has an ulcer! (just like Kurt!!)