Sign in to follow this  
Trinity

Lana Memories 2013

Oh, there are so many amazing moments  :flutter:

*The Paradise Tour, I was so lucky that I could see her live and it was heavenly

*TROPICO

*She looks very happy in Summer Wine, so I guess she's happy now and that's really great

*The announcement of Ultraviolence

*I joined this forum and I was able to meet two of our lovely members and it's just amazing to talk to people here who have the same interests as me

:kiss2:

crying in my friend's bathroom for half an hour when she tweeted chelsea hotel 

OMG

Leaving in the middle of class twice for "Chelsea Hotel No. 2" and then "Summer Wine" #noregrets

Stoplight De-Lite and JFK, still some of my favorite leaks to date; SDL is an instant pick-me-up whenever I need it. :fact:

Summer Wine; it is one of my favorite songs and I was over the moon when I saw that Lana did a cover with Barrie. Inspired me to make one of my hulahoops in tribute to it.

TV in Black & White, definitely one of Lana's best songs, and it has been some of my best company since its leaking date.

Black Beauty, AFFA and Starry Eyed, because despite the circumstances, BB (and?) AFFA were very beautiful, and generally, these three tracks are just wonderful.

Your Band is All the Rage because I got a little mopey over the summer, and when this song leaked in August, it was such a nice healing period for me.

True Love on the Side because it's one of Lana's sexiest songs and I have such a blast listening to it every time.

Honestly, a good handful of the leaks were some of my favorite Lana Memories of 2013, but aside from that...

The release of Tropico,
The announcement of ULTRAVIOLENCE,
"It's coming you little bitch,"
and this soundcheck because I'm still praying it's an upcoming ULTRAVIOLENCE track.

The whole The Great Gatsby thing.

Getting the song snippets with the trailers, and then the song, and then that flawless music video...it was just handled so well. :teehee:

Oh and also I LOOVE how well she did with that SS remix in the US. Everybody knows her name now. :flutter:

Each one of her performances during the Paradise Tour

Tropico

For me, the year of discovering unreleased Lana songs :flutter:

Hearing "Dark Paradise" in Polish radios

just lana being lana pretty much

And this

And the wind I know it’s cold

Seeing her live two days in a row in Chicago at the House of Blues and then at Lollapalooza. Though I wasn't able to get close enough to like touch her or get a photo it was still awesome and I was pretty close at House of Blues.

The announcement of Tropico at Lollapalooza.

The leak of the Black Beauty EP. Great songs. 

Definitely my favorite 2013 memory would be the first show in the Paradise Tour where her band had *gasp* drums and backing tracks. I mean, her acoustic pianotastic sets were charming and all, but I'd missed the beats and sampling in her songs. Starry Eyed was amazing too. 

there is a light & it never goes out

Oh and also I LOOVE how well she did with that SS remix in the US. Everybody knows her name now. :flutter:

It's just another lonely day at the playground :poordat:

Only players can survive :lordejesus:

Off the top of my head, and I believe in rough chronological order...

- Losing all of my shit listening to her cover of Chelsea Hotel No. 2 for the first time -- I'd just finished Bioshock Infinite minutes prior, and was in a very fucking frail state of mind. :defeated:

- Going to see her in April! :defeated:

- That cover of Summer Wine, and Gatsby happening, and all that! :defeated:

- ALL THEM LEAKS, Y'ALL! :defeated:
- WHEN THE NYLON SHOOT DROPPED OUT OF NOWHERE AND SERVED ME LIFE! :defeated:

- TROPICO, THOUGH! :defeated:
- ULTRA-MOTHERFUCKING-VIOLENCE! :defeated:

It's been a crescendo. :toofunny:

rihKQ8M.gif

Black Beauty + leaks. I was at comic con and I remember rushing back to my hotel all frantically just to listen to them, plus I also woke my friend up in Greece so we could listen together. Was such a great moment.

Rebecca's leaks. 

The very first moment I saw the vids of Lana dancing during The Paradise Tour. Was glad to see her more comfortable on stage.

Attending the Tropico premiere. 

Gatsby.

Grammy nomination surprise.

Oh also I'm super happy that, it seems, through the Paradise tour her performing abilities improved tremendously.

Like, if you look at some of her older performances and the Paradise tour ones, you can really hear the difference, she grew so much as a singer. :aw:

What I remember: The very beginning of 2013 was when I fully became a Lana "stan". And I joined this forum a few weeks after.

BRIT awards

Tropico, and all the talk about it.

Though my favorite is probably the summer leak and the beautiful songs I heard from it "Television Heaven, Angels Forever, Tv In Black & White, Daytona Meth, Heartshaped Chevrolet, Hawaiian Tropic", plus the funny "So Legit".

:sluttybunny:🌧️

• TROPICO ofc
  • Chelsea Hotel No. 2, Summer Wine, Young and Beautiful and Burning Desire
  • Paradise Tour
  • you little bitch
  • The leaks - esp Black Beauty, AFFA, Hollywood, JFK, Television Heaven, TV in B&W, Hawaiian Tropic, Scarface, Catch and Release and TOSTB
  • Brit Awards
  • ULTRAVIOLENCE

:flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter: