Sucker

ionnalee [iamamiwhoami]

wow so i'm more than a tad late but i just watched "shadowshow" and it gave me chills. so many interpretations can be made out of this BLUE era and i love that. such a great resolution.

iamamiwhoami played such a large role in my year and BLUE is one of my favorite albums of all time for it. listening to "fountain" right now reminiscing and thinking of the first time i heard it this year and it's opening lyrics, "what lies beyond the fringe of the woods", was just such a perfect start to the era and my entrance into their fandom.

H0bDaqU.gif

iamamiwhoami are to release "Blue" Film in February  - http://www.idolator.com/7576265/iamamiwhoami-to-release-blue-film-in-february

After closing out their latest LP BLUE with the gorgeous “shadowshow”visual at the end of December, the ever-mysterious Swedish audio-visual project iamamiwhoami led by songstress Jonna Lee and producer Claes Björklund is now turning their latest album into a film.

The film version of BLUE, which is available to pre-order as a DVD today, will also premiere on Vimeo, as well as their official website on February 17. The cinematic experience include the 10 visual episodes released throughout 2014 including “fountain,” “vista” and “hunting for pearls,”along with new material that promises to connect the episodes, plus bonus song/video, “dive.”

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Ok so I decided to review Blue..... And I haven't heard any of iamamiwhoami's music before so..

1. Fountain (7/10): interesting way to open this album, it might require more listens to fully appreciate it but I enjoy it, especially the high vocals in the chorus and its vibe

2. Hunting For Pearls (5/10): I really don't know what to think of this one, the dark vibe in the verses feels a little weird, and I can barely understand what she is singing, but I really love the "freedom" in the chorus, it reminds me of "I Know Places" by Slaylor Swift

3. Vista (6/10): ok now I'm starting to see a formula, it sounds quite similar to the other songs before it which isn't bad but it's starting to feel same-y but it has that nice vibe that I felt in fountain and I like the drums

4. Tap Your Glass (4/10): it sounds a little different, but not in a good way... The chorus saves this song

5. Blue Blue (4.5/10): I don't quite get the aesthetic with all the songs being really long and not being able to understand the words... And the ending of the song is ew

6. Thin (7.5/10): YAAAS this is actually really good and I think I'm gonna actually listen to this more than once!!!!

7. Chasing Kites (7/10): very 80s synth pop, amazing chorus

8. Ripple (3/10): I compare this to FKA Twigs "Numbers"; too much cacophony, not enough melody

9. the Last Dancer (5/10): nice but kind of boring and forgettable, like most of the album unfortunately

10. Shadowshow (7/10): I actually really like this one too, it has that dark-y vibe that thin pulled off successfully!

Overall:56/100

Fav tracks: Thin, Shadowshow, Fountain

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

:oprah2: how dare you

Idk I just couldn't get into it I'm not gonna go dragging it but personally I didn't care for it :) have a nice day tho

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

iamamiwhoami has released the film poster and trailer for BLUE...

Also the arts and culture site Nowness premiers the chapter "chasing kites" with it's interlude from the iamamiwhoami BLUE film - https://www.nowness.com/story/iamamiwhoami-blue-chasing-kites

tumblr_njeg5oJt5a1qebqrfo1_1280.jpg

iamamiwhoami was interviewed by a germane publication  Umagazine. (Sorry about the poor translation) 

http://www.umagazine.de/artikel.php?ID=3070583&title=%26Uuml%3BBER+WASSER+HALTEN&artist=iamamiwhoami&topic=popkultur

ABOUT WATER HOLDING

iamamiwhoami venture out to her most personal album - not to go under in the digital world. Interview: Carsten Schrader / Clara zinc 

Six years ago, the audiovisual project iamamiwhoami made ​​for the first time uproar when it published several ghostly video clips anonymously on the Internet. For a long time held Jonna Lee their identity under wraps, but when the speculation about the author of the videos of Fever Ray on Björk to Christina Aguilera filed, the Swedish conceptual artist, was finally reveal their identity. To date, the singer and her producer Claes Björklund publish their work in multimedia, especially through their art films. 

Umag: Jonna, the digital version of your current album "Blue" was released in the form of a visual project that you call "Blue Iceland". How would you describe it? Jonna Lee : Our goal was to create something of high value, even if not in material terms. While you can buy the CD and even hold in your hand, the digital format is often regarded only as a copy of the original. We wanted to counteract and create something new, which is consistent with our previous publications. Something that also learn visually and can be shared with others. Umag: Among other things, the "Blue Iceland" includes video and photos of each song. All this makes a heavenly impression, but this beautiful facade conceals perhaps dangers? Lee : The water is so symbolic of the distanced, digital world in which we live - a world where you never really know what's coming next. Of course, this always means danger. 

Umag: In a way, seems "Blue" to be a return to your origin. Lee : How does it feel, yeah.A good example of this is our song "Shadow Show": When we started recording the album, he presented a particular challenge He is the last song on the album, and we have written it before iamamiwhoami existed.. So he was basically the first song for the project, but we have long been satisfied with any of the recordings. Only in its present form it felt right to publish it. Umag: The "Blue Iceland" also stands for a new way of communicating with the audience. To what extent they have influenced the album? Lee : You are a part of us. The way how they interact with us and respond to our publications, our work enormously impressed. The new album revolves more than ever about this bond. The audience is the reason why we keep going. The contact with them is therefore very motivating for us. Umag: For more than five years, you work with the project and this fictional character. Plugged in "Blue" Jonna Lee in iamamiwhoami more than ever before?Lee : Yes, the distance has become smaller in any case. I have since 2008 concentrated on nothing else, and I'm certain extent grown into the project. I do not know how things would be today if I had not done that. I think that this binding is very tight in a positive way. We'll see how it goes, but at the moment it all feels very natural and right on. Umag:Are these two personalities not sometimes confusing? Have you yourself ever been in the dark about who you are now? Lee : In any case, this can be frustrating at times. I mean but rather in view of the fact that we do not know as a project who we are - me as an individual relates not really. I wonder if ever any man knows who he is ... Umag: Your music has changed a lot - it has become more accessible. Lee : I would agree that the music comes now more bluntly. This is continually challenge: enter unknown waters in which you feel strange and uncertain. We have no limits, but we found it quite difficult to record the songs in such a direct way. Nevertheless, I think we've always written pop songs, albeit still somewhat bulkier form. Umag: With "Blue" wanted to create their timeless songs. At the same time remind the electronic sounds that come with the album used a lot of the eighties as a decade of the synthesizer. Is not that a contradiction? Lee : We are happy to work with analogue instruments, because we love the sound and more or less want to create a soundscape that makes the nature of electronics experience. With the sound of the eighties we grew up, so he naturally into our music flows with. That he at "Blue" now clearly comes to the fore as its predecessors, is probably because we wanted to record a particularly emotional, expressive album. So is it just come - it's hard to explain.Umag: You said earlier that water symbolizes the digital world for you. On the other hand, your lyrics are now much more personal than ever before. Even a supposed contradiction ... Lee : I consider myself as an artist in a distant world that is in dialogue with their listeners. I sing out from the perspective of the project, as it always is, the entire project is evolving. I'm not talking about my personal life, which I consider to be irrelevant in this context. It is important to me to create an image of the modern world in which we live. Umag: Is lost something when you hear the music without looking art films? Lee : I've thought about it. When we recorded the music, I was therefore always strived to capture the visuality in the sound so that it can stand on its own. That means: You listen and you are at the same time to see things, if you want to be able to. However, some people specifically interested in only one or the other thing. But that's okay, you can finally force anyone. I feel it already so that most people consider the work as a whole. If I want to deal with sound and looks similar to that already works in the form of the "Blue Iceland" simply the best. Umag: Is now exactly ausdefiniert who will participate in the project, or are you open to new people and elements? Lee : I prefer to go a day at a time, but I can say that we have already changed some things. This has certainly led to "Blue" has become so much more personal than its predecessors. We also have new people brought us into the boat, for example, a new costume designer. I've been trying to push things. Umag: The only certainty is that Claes and you're doing? Lee : Exactly. Currently iamamiwhoami is our life, and our label "To whom it may concern" takes a lot of time.Otherwise I can not currently imagine. How the project will look like in the future must be seen - but it is important to evolve constantly. Umag: Will we in Germany have a chance in the foreseeable future to experience "Blue" on stage? Lee : I would really love to do!We are still working, but I would say yes.

11021042_10153044781204336_7403216280652

10996389_10153034877489336_7152961897967

i'll pm you :)

UHM ME TOO? :defeated:

Man, don't post that site.

it's not that hard to find tho... i literally googled "iamamiwhoami blue instrumentals" and it came up as the first or second result.....

lABVyGE.png