National Anthem

ALLIE X

hey that's me also they* sorry it's pedantic but y'know

also ngl if you read all the logs, it's clear 24/7 was Not Exactly Truthful.  he contradicted himself quite a few times and i guess didn't think i'd notice it.  so don't take it all as 100% fact.

regardless YEAH she clearly had a strong focus at the start, let it expand too much in the middle, and refocused it at the end in a completely different way.

at the end of the day, the record we got was solid but it deserved so much more.  still thankful we have what we do tho, better the unsolved era than everything end up in trading circles.

honestly this is so right.  i mean the cover is supposed to be about putting yourself back together, and at least that is told clearly enough, but it doesn't resonate with the whole thing.

THAT BEING SAID, admittedly i completely understand her not wanting to explain the lyrics.  i personally think a lot of the lyrics are a lot more personal than she wants to have to fully Say.  sometimes it's easier to put it through a lens of a fictional context and sing it than fully explain what you mean in its original space.

xplanations annoy me because they're often messily mixed and edited or the jump cuts are really weird.  i'm honestly fine with her intentionally not explaining the more personal lyrics but i wish she wouldn't squirm out of Every lyric.

honestly your point about her having the potential to be serious is so true, admittedly her lyrics can sometimes be a little basic, but she clearly knows how to make a song and i personally want to see her drop the veil of X and tell HER story.  not to say rename herself or anything but like, if any of you are st. vincent fans, on masseduction, specifically Happy Birthday, Johnny, she actually breaks the st. vincent "character" and refers to herself by her real name, and it ends up being an impactful moment because it's clear she dropped the veil there and got personal.

altho my example falters bc she intentionally declines questions about the song, but in a way i prefer it that way.

-

as for allie's substance rn?  i think she's intentionally keeping it vague and not-too-bizzare-and-heavy while she's building her audience still.  even tho clx2's promo has flopped, she is definitely a decent bit more known than she was in clx1 era.  and i think she knows what she's doing.  let me have faith fdhgjfdgfdhdfhgfh

okay first of all drag her all you want but like, i stand by the fact it was probably her label who forced the release that late.  she knew we were waiting and she absolutely put all the songs out (vinyls 2 months before release, listening party) in advance on purpose.  she didn't want to wait either.  she even liked one of my tweets about this as far as i know?

also her site had an unused banner indicating the reveal was originally a day earlier, think i remember posting about it here.  good times.

forgive me for now quoting you three times in one post but, honestly i think she cut alexandra due to the mediocre reception and the fact she couldn't get the production right.  considering the """final""" 24/7 has his hands on is literally just a stem edit of the unsolved demo, i take it she didn't get very far or didn't like what she came up with.  i'm legit going through the same thing rn with some songs on my record whew i feel u sis

she should finish it and release it tho, the live version remains ultra skinny stunning

jknkanskaskn Don't worry about the quote numbers I don't mind

1. Truly shook at "THEY" 

2. I really didn't meant to "drag her" or anything, it was just to put my ideas on u know? It's still her choice if she wants to scrap 3 records and release a forth one and I won't really complain becaue it's her vision, but I just meant that she probably got a mindshift from the original CLX II and changed the whole thing.

3. For Alexandra I don't know. Because like, I always found the Unsolved version awkward next to the live from 2015 (and I kinda don't believe that Unsolved songs were like "real time-produced" I feel like some of that stuff was probably really old (the voice memos one xpecially) and she just put them up after "finding" to get an idea of what doing with it. Like right now we all talk about Purge but when she dropped the memo it was a pretty letdown for many who dragged the song and really didn't give her any "advice" about the producing (wheres "Casanova" really got lot of helpful feedback I guess). As you mentioned the "final" on 24\7 hands was just a really "Stem edit" but I mean, the song has been like that for over 3 years then... It's more likely that she got bored of it than really getting to "dislike the final product". (Also as I mentioned, I'm almost sure that the Winner from the "OHDH Competition" was a snippet from Alexandra)

Oh so there are multiple pressings for CLX I? Because my copy has Never Enough on it :xtina:

Oh I meant the lyrics darling sorry lol :lel:

The Vinyl Foil comes with lyrics for all the songs except Never Enough

forgive me for now quoting you three times in one post but, honestly i think she cut alexandra due to the mediocre reception and the fact she couldn't get the production right.  considering the """final""" 24/7 has his hands on is literally just a stem edit of the unsolved demo, i take it she didn't get very far or didn't like what she came up with.  i'm legit going through the same thing rn with some songs on my record whew i feel u sis

she should finish it and release it tho, the live version remains ultra skinny stunning

I'm pretty sure it's been said that 24/7 does not have Alexandra and that the snippet posted was the same one Allie gave to that girl that won some sweepstakes kind of thing she did in 2015.

自由になる自由がある

My fav songs on CLXI are: Sanctuary, Bitch, Good and Hello.

Such a great record, CLXIII should take notes :defeated:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Thank you! On the one hand I'm hoping it'll be on CollXtion III because I really love it and #JusticeForTMTD etc., but on the other hand I'm sort of afraid she'll mess it up like she did with OHDH. :toofunny:

Also, unpopular opinion (I guess?), but I am a huge fan of the video. Despite it looking a bit cheap, I think it fits the song really well.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

my fav allie songs per era are:

Allie Hughes (WFTP - L&G)- Something isn't Right

Allie Hughes (Hard Way) Rolling Days

ALX - Phantom

AXA - Tongue Tied

CLX I - When/How

UNSOLVED - Too Much To Dream

CLX II - Better Times

:)

jknkanskaskn Don't worry about the quote numbers I don't mind

1. Truly shook at "THEY" 

2. I really didn't meant to "drag her" or anything, it was just to put my ideas on u know? It's still her choice if she wants to scrap 3 records and release a forth one and I won't really complain becaue it's her vision, but I just meant that she probably got a mindshift from the original CLX II and changed the whole thing.

3. For Alexandra I don't know. Because like, I always found the Unsolved version awkward next to the live from 2015 (and I kinda don't believe that Unsolved songs were like "real time-produced" I feel like some of that stuff was probably really old (the voice memos one xpecially) and she just put them up after "finding" to get an idea of what doing with it. Like right now we all talk about Purge but when she dropped the memo it was a pretty letdown for many who dragged the song and really didn't give her any "advice" about the producing (wheres "Casanova" really got lot of helpful feedback I guess). As you mentioned the "final" on 24\7 hands was just a really "Stem edit" but I mean, the song has been like that for over 3 years then... It's more likely that she got bored of it than really getting to "dislike the final product". (Also as I mentioned, I'm almost sure that the Winner from the "OHDH Competition" was a snippet from Alexandra)

1. sahdklgfdgkhfdgdfgdfh i'm

2. yeah i get it it's just a lot of people like to shit on allie for that when i feel it was out of her control to push the record back 5 months?  fully agree what unsolved was messy and drawn out but the february-june stretch was almost certainly out of her hands and i don't think she personally deserves it.

3. yeah i'm p sure the snippet was alexandra.  the unsolved version is alright but the live version reigns supreme.  i personally put it up to her just not getting the reception or sound she wanted for it than getting bored of it, because it's clear the song is special to her.

about purge: YEAH omg i remember when it dropped i listened to it like once and then didn't come back to it.  admittedly after TMTD and OHDH it was a bit of a left turn?  it's grown on me so much tho, i love it now.  hope someday purge gets what it deserves.

fav cx1: hello, tumor or good

fav cx2: lifted, need you, simon says, downtown or casanova

fav unsolved: quite literally all of them except casanova acoustic

fav unreleased: thief, mistake (alx), i will love you more, the hard way, when/how

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother