National Anthem

ALLIE X

Uhm no bridge? Messy chorus? The verse literally sounds like a bridge.

I love the chorus, but it needs to be reworked

It's a shame it is not generally liked because I think the production is incredible - it immediately creates an atmosphere which perfectly matches the song's message and feel. The vocals give me goosebumps, especially when she reaches the high notes. The sarcastic lyrics get the song an edge, and the way Allie sings in it gives the song lots of attitude. 

Sure I would love a bridge, but I don't mind because the song is already incredible to me! 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Uhm no bridge? Messy chorus? The verse literally sounds like a bridge.

I love the chorus, but it needs to be reworked

True, it would be better if also the vocals were more polished, better production, etc. But the lyrical content is just cool and I love it.

Also, probably I'm not the only one that noticed this, but the video version seems to be an alt. mix of the song (Sounds better mastered and the instrumental on the chorus is different) so I hope that's the actual album version

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

True, it would be better if also the vocals were more polished, better production, etc. But the lyrical content is just cool and I love it.

Also, probably I'm not the only one that noticed this, but the video version seems to be an alt. mix of the song (Sounds better mastered and the instrumental on the chorus is different) so I hope that's the actual album version

yeah a lot of people mentioned it. tbh idk, Allie isn't really famous for making smart choices (like when she didn't put Cure on Unsolved bc she knee she  was gonna put it on CLXII but then took it off from it as well), so we're probably getting the worst version

It's a shame it is not generally liked because I think the production is incredible - it immediately creates an atmosphere which perfectly matches the song's message and feel. The vocals give me goosebumps, especially when she reaches the high notes. The sarcastic lyrics get the song an edge, and the way Allie sings in it gives the song lots of attitude. 

Sure I would love a bridge, but I don't mind because the song is already incredible to me! 

the song as a concept is really good, but I wish she put more work on it. like, as I said, the verses sound so much as if they were bridges. 

tbh the ideal NSBILA is:

a verse before each verse (as to make them bridges/pre-choruses), and then, after the instrumental break/last chorus a bridge, then a fade away with her humming the song (as she does in the end). 

I don't know if you guys have heard it but every time Sierra movie ADS comes on YouTube before any video, I'm pretty sure it's her version of the main song playing? Cuz i'm like 99% it's Allie's voice but no way it's kid wonder or Sunflower. (I haven't listened to the "final version" as well but lol)

Girl Of The Year > Science = Little Things > Focus > NSBILA

I really don't understand how people can think Focus is bad. "You make me focus / when you love someone / the rest just falls away" is such an amazing lyric and encapsulates a really specific kind of love. NSBILA sounds like someone wrote a parody of Bitch.

Girl Of The Year > Science = Little Things > Focus > NSBILA

I really don't understand how people can think Focus is bad. "You make me focus / when you love someone / the rest just falls away" is such an amazing lyric and encapsulates a really specific kind of love. NSBILA sounds like someone wrote a parody of Bitch.

That sentence is so lame lmao. it literally means what it says. "when you love someone you focus on them instead of the rest" where her nobel prize for literature at? how is that a specific type of love? normal "love" is about focusing on somebody (unless you're polyamorous). so... where?

Allie's lyrics are always very straightforward and seldom deeper than what they actually are. But she delivers melodies, vocals and production

That sentence is so lame lmao. it literally means what it says. "when you love someone you focus on them instead of the rest" where her nobel prize for literature at? how is that a specific type of love? normal "love" is about focusing on somebody (unless you're polyamorous). so... where?

Allie's lyrics are always very straightforward and seldom deeper than what they actually are. But she delivers melodies, vocals and production

What I interpret it as, is that if you struggle a lot in life, especially mentally, finding the right person to be your rock feels like your problems go away. Considering Allie's running themes of mental health in her music, this could very well be what she meant. But even if she didn't, the song means a lot to me just because of how much it hits close to personal experiences of mine.

"You make me focus, when you love someone the rest just falls away" 

As the rest of the record explores these other personas, I see this line as saying they don't matter anymore. Whoever you are pretending to be just falls away, and you can be yourself with that person. And as Focus is at the end of the record, Allie realises that she doesn't need to try and be anyone else so by the end of the record, she is comfortable being herself! 

Anyway that's how I interpret it!

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

"You make me focus, when you love someone the rest just falls away" 

As the rest of the record explores these other personas, I see this line as saying they don't matter anymore. Whoever you are pretending to be just falls away, and you can be yourself with that person. And as Focus is at the end of the record, Allie realises that she doesn't need to try and be anyone else so but the end of the record, she is comfortable being herself! 

Anyway that's how I interpret it!

Just interpret it as one of her best songs

Just interpret it as one of her best songs

Thank you for this joke, I really laughed

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: