National Anthem

ALLIE X

I think she's the type that will explode and then "damn I overreacted lol bye"

Reminds me of when people leaked the analog\cassette tape files nnnnn

she was right to be pissed when the tapes leaked, but people leaked it bc they though it was gonna be a special release. like everything she does she handles so fucking bad. from her singles to the album to the merch. it's a mess. 

aside from that, i do believe she's bitter that people don't recognise her talent (which she does have). tbh her career in general is so weird, her first record was like straight out of the early 2000 jazz pop scene (fiona apple, regina spektor, alicia keys, etc...) and it should've blown up among the indie scene. we probably wouldn't have gotten Catch but like... idk. im kinda sorry for her, but she's trying too hard

allie has a lot of issues about not receiving acknowledgement and shes probably gonna rant on twitter about like she always does instead of putting together a decent era. allie is kinda bitter, just look at how she handled the whole charli xcx thing this summer. "i am your unproblematic fave"yeah girl.....

She's a Leo, if she doesn't get enough attention, she'll die.  :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

she was right to be pissed when the tapes leaked, but people leaked it bc they though it was gonna be a special release. like everything she does she handles so fucking bad. from her singles to the album to the merch. it's a mess. 

aside from that, i do believe she's bitter that people don't recognise her talent (which she does have). tbh her career in general is so weird, her first record was like straight out of the early 2000 jazz pop scene (fiona apple, regina spektor, alicia keys, etc...) and it should've blown up among the indie scene. we probably wouldn't have gotten Catch but like... idk. im kinda sorry for her, but she's trying too hard

how did she react to the tapes leaking lol i missed that?

yeah her initial sound is weird - to me it comes off very classic musical based mixed with pop, jazz blues like you said. it's very niche so i see why she switched to alt pop/electro pop weird mess to appeal to the gays.

how did she react to the tapes leaking lol i missed that?

yeah her initial sound is weird - to me it comes off very classic musical based mixed with pop, jazz blues like you said. it's very niche so i see why she switched to alt pop/electro pop weird mess to appeal to the gays.

tbh i loved her initial sound, it's weird bc it was kinda popular back in the day, so idk why she never got famous

anyway she saw the guy that uploaded the link and was like "its not cool" and he was like "im sorry i thought you weren't gonna put them on streaming services" and she was like "still not cool tho i worked hard" etc...

She's a Leo, if she doesn't get enough attention, she'll die.  :creep:

fucking

screamed

The funny part is that if we check it back for real, she had some "indie-press" from Toronto Scene by her side. There are many articles about her Allie Hughe days.She wasn't just "no one" at all. Feels much more that she didn't have a management, hence third-scrapped-record and lack of bigger success as an "alt. pop-girl"...

The thing is that she really wanted to reboot and start from the zero in a "popstar" field. She moved LA, changed her sound, etc etc etc (and I believe she's happier now). I feel that, right now, she's being herself more than ever. She's not relying on any "artifice" (the mysterious persona with theatric from Clx I), she's no longer trend-chasing after a sound trying to fit into radio and\or playlists (clx ii) and seems to be doing things for fun and trying to convey with the idea of popstar. I don't think it sound forced (not that it ever did, but def. feels lighter now and her, as a persona, feels much more connected with the public and way more enjoyable even if a bit obnoxious sometimes.)

I agree that, most of the time, it's a mess. it's a giant mess. But feels like many things are so out of her hands.

I really hated the strategy for supersunset singles, but then I read few days ago how she mentioned that releasing singles before the album was\is the only way to try to catch people's attention, because once the album is out, the campaign if basically done (and you can see this in recent days with A-List popstars, how people will release 3 singles before the official record and then like 1 once it's finally out. People are no longer interested in promoting something once it's finally out, it's all about hyping it up).

So, I see that releasing one song per month was her way of trying to chase some attention and letting every song have "it's moment" to shine. For sure, as a full experience, I would be full blown to listen Science -> Girl of the Year back to back into the album, but how many people would be really interested in "Oh the X girl released a new album, let me check it in full" if she could just single drop every song and "Oh there's a new song every month and her last one was a killer, let me hear this new one". Just sound way more plausible.

just look at how she handled the whole charli xcx thing this summer. "i am your unproblematic fave"yeah girl.....

wait i missed this what happened

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

wait i missed this what happened

somebody told her to collab with charli and she said “I would if she actually wanted to” and then tweeted again “I’m not angry at all you know I’m your unproblematic fave”

somebody told her to collab with charli and she said “I would if she actually wanted to” and then tweeted again “I’m not angry at all you know I’m your unproblematic fave”

ohh this.  i don't think the original tweet is necessarily a problem since i take it more jokingly/lightly than dead serious but her followup....... clowny

Why do I feel like the only person in this thread who still completely supports Allie  :toofunny:

i'm honestly there with you! i don't care about stupid drama* as long as the musics good- she better pull through for cx3 tho

*read: not absolutely awful shit