Sign in to follow this  
cartoon eyes

First Lana Song You Heard / Downloaded

So today, I was going through my downloads on my shitty family computer (before I had my own), sorting them by date. I searched Lana and found that I have downloaded Kinda Outta Luck in early September 2011. I had heard a few other songs at that stage, but had just found them meh. Then I head Video Games and fell in love. And here I am 2 and a bit years later getting high and crying to her music :)

I'm not on the same comp but I'm sure it was "Born to Die" because it was free. Then I got Kinda Outta Luck and a shitty cut off version of Video Games by Lana Del Ray which I overplayed without knowing anything was wrong.

first song I heard was Blue Jeans on SNL if that counts (i didnt even listen to the whole thing i was like lol whos dis bitch and turned it off :delicious: ) but then i listened to video games.

oh wait edit

the first songs i downloaded in order were national anthem, blue jeans, put me in a movie, mermaid motel, driving in cars with boys, trash magic

edit again wtf 1980.... :awkney:

PZhXwpm.png

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

I remember the song I heard and saw the video for was Video Games. I was like 'men this girl sounds different but she needs to sort out her lip pouting thing'.

Then I heard Born to Die and I hated Lana because i thought it sounded horrid. I thought that Video Games and Born to Die were the same song, too.

Skip ahead a few years, I downloaded Btd: Paradise Edition. The first song on there I heard was Radio.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

The first song I heard was Video Games. I thought it was kinda boring and she looked kinda sick in the video but I wanted to know more about her and then I found Heavy Hitter and fell in love with her!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Video Games when it first came out. I remember seeing her Video Games EP at #1 on Australian iTunes so I downloaded Video Games by itself and got hooked. Then Blue Jeans, Off to the Races, Born to Die and the National Anthem demo.

first time i heard lana was when a friend of mine posted oh say can you see on facebook sometime in august or september 2011, then i heard video games and i liked it, some other unreleased songs that leaked/surfaced around that time and then she uploaded national anthem sometime in late 2011 and i rly liked that. i didn't listen to the album born to die in full till summer 2012 bc i didn't rly like it. i mainly listened to lana del ray, unreleased, video games and national anthem until then

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Born to Die, from the record. I couldn't wrap my thoughts about her music style for a while("it's so hip-hop influenced! I don't like hip-hop! But those lyrics, that voice! But Diet Mountain Dew... it's so poppy!"), then decided to give the record a second chance... And here I am.

i am nothing and should be everything

Guest Dot

The first Lana song I ever heard was the Club Clique Remix of Video Games thinking it was the original and I hated it. :facepalm:

Then I READ about Summertime Sadness and listened to it and fell in love! The next song I really fell in love with was National Anthem and then Diet Mountain Dew, I think. I also listened to the Cola snippet over and over again and still today, it's probably my favourite Lana song, eventhough I don't listen to it as much anymore.

I saw her perform back in 2008 in The Living room, she performed trash magic and i fell in love... the next day i found her myspace and emailed her asking if she had a studio version... she sent me it a few hours later...

So yeah, trash magic would be my first song.

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

Guest Dot

The first song I heard from Lana was Old Money :/

I thought it was Living for the Dead.

I saw her perform back in 2008 in The Living room, she performed trash magic and i fell in love... the next day i found her myspace and emailed her asking if she had a studio version... she sent me it a few hours later...

So yeah, trash magic would be my first song.

Why didn't you record her? :sideeye:

First one I heard was Video Games, in a 5 sec preview of MTV push. Those 5 seconds had the impact of a nuclear bomb and I looked up the full song. It all went so fast after that :lel:

First unreleased song I heard was either Kinda Outta Luck or Hundred Dollar Bill :holla: