Sign in to follow this  
cartoon eyes

First Lana Song You Heard / Downloaded

Dark Paradise on youtube... i think i also watched Every Man Gets His Wish, but really after Dark Paradise I just downloaded BTD and Paradise, and then slowly got into her unreleased. (I started listening to LDRAKALG around this time last year)

The first unreleased song I got into was Trash Magic... one of my favorites still

I was browsing through those music-radio stations on tv and was on 'Indie/College/Unsigned' and the dj was talking about how this girl called Lana Del Rey was blowing up and going to be massive and then played Video Games but then I switched the channel half way through (it was one of those hot afternoons and not one of those slow VG moods). Later that night, I remember searching her on Youtube and listening to DMD (demo) and then Hey Lolita Hey (thats the 4th demo I think?) and it's because of those Lolita references that I decided I loved her, and would eventually listen to whatever else was posted on Yt

I saw Blue Jeans on MTV, later i searched for her on the internet and i remember checking out the Born to Die song as well.. Later on also Video Games, Dark Paradise and Carmen and then i decited to download the album. First unreleased song i've heard was Never let me go i think.

I looked her up after a friend told me about her because she had the same name as the nickname my friend called me (Lana but intended to be pronounced different. Now I feel like an awkward poser when she calls me that even though I was called that first). I just looked her up and listened to the first thing that popped up, which in February of 2012 was the Born to Die video.

Honestly, she was my favorite singer since then. I listened to nothing but her for the next five months. My next two songs were Blue Jeans and then Video Games. The Diet Mountain Dew demo was next and I thought that was the album version until almost a year later when I bought the physical copy. I didn't listen to National Anthem for a long time because I thought it was literally the national anthem. I think my first unreleased song was KOL. I had a CD in my car forever of BTD + Unreleased stuff but I didn't really keep up with what was on the album so it was all just jumbled together. I remember loving Never Let Me Go and On Our Way back then. I'd give anything to find that CD in working condition again.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I saw that Liz Huett was all 'check out my girls song' or something on twitter one day and linked to Blue Jeans, but I was just kinda 'meh'. Then she started getting a lot of hype, but I didn't really bother with her tbh. Eventually someone I'm related to had TIWMUG on her spotify playlist and I listened to it and got obsessed. Then I started listening to BTD(album) and I became obsessed and then BOOM I realized that she was one of my faves. 

I first read about her on Youtube. I was watching a random video and there was an ad for video games. I didn't click on it because I assumed it was onother commercial pop girl. Then somebody posted the BTD video on fb and I watched it. I thought it was the most boring thing ever lol. But then I heard VG, and DMD (Demo) and the former was the one who made me like Lana. It took me less than a week after finding out about her :angie:

EotAQlJ.jpg

Guest Dot

First song I heard: Video Games (Club Clique Remix) ...it was labled as just "Video Games" so I thought it was the original version of the song I heard.

First song I downloaded: Summertime Sadness

Video Games in September 2011, but I didn't pay enough attention to it. Then, in June 2012, I searched for "Lana Del Rey" on YouTube and I listened to Born to Die (song), I deeply fell in love. It was such a strange and beautiful feeling. The next songs were Million Dollar Man, National Anthem, Money Hunny, Carmen (I was really obsessed with this one) and when I first heard Blue Jeans, good-fucking-bye, I became a fan. The chorus made me feel something that I have never felt before. Wonderful.

First song I heard was "Once Upon a Dream" when we were watching Maleficent at the end of May. I had no idea who Lana Del Rey was at that time; I had only heard her name because I had recently (in April) become a fan of Lorde after hearing "Team" on the radio a lot, and had seen a lot of comparisons between Lorde and Lana Del Rey, Grimes, and Sky Ferreira. I didn't know who any of them were and didn't care at the time, but then after hearing "Once Upon a Dream," I realized that I really liked Lana's voice and wanted to learn more about her. (I also understood the comparisons between LDR and Lorde, since they have a similar vocal range.) I started searching Google and YouTube, and the first song I heard on YT was "Summertime Sadness." After that, I was totally in love and, like @@Anthem, listened to pretty much nothing but LDR for the next couple of months. I bought a few songs from Born To Die, and eventually just bought the entire album (I got the Paradise Edition, since it was this year). I also bought a few Ultraviolence songs, and then just bought the whole album (so I could have the insert).

I heard a snippet of Kill Kill on a indie playlist and immediately fell in love. I got her whole retro vibe right away and had to know more about her. It was a couple weeks after she had just put out the Lana Del Ray album and before she yanked it from itunes. I remember going on youtube, watching her videos and wondering if some fan edited them. After watching Yayo, I was completely under her spell. I downloaded the whole album then.

First song I heard and downloaded was Video Games and I remember the video having 5,000 and something views.

Second was YCBTB (God knows where I found it at the time) and I uploaded that music video on youtube (in late 2011) and now it has like 7 million hits. 

Time flies so fast.