Sign in to follow this  
cartoon eyes

First Lana Song You Heard / Downloaded

First  song was Born To Die(January 2013) after checking out  the album from the library wondering what was the hype around her.  About 4 months later, the first unreleased songs I heard was Puppy Love/Marilyn Monroe and Paris on SoundCloud

First song I heard was Dark Paradise. First song I downloaded was Mermaid Motel. Played on repeat for forever. Then I've continued to download every song that's leaked/been released. Everything.

First song was Video Games during the hype when it was on the radio 24/7

For unreleased I downloaded a huge master post from tumblr and I literally don't remember what song I listened to first, I remember being v overwhelmed though, Marina never had that much unreleased :biblio:

REJPMf7.png

"Video Games" and then "Lolita (demo)" were the first ones I've ever heard. The first ones I've downloaded were the "Born To Die" album and LDRAKALG (yep, whole albums at once, not just few songs). It was later that I discovered her unreleased stuff.

And the wind I know it’s cold

I found Lana in May 2012. I downloaded all of BTD together, but the first Lana song I heard was Video Games, which I hated, and Born To Die, which I hated, and then Blue Jeans, which made me fall in love with her.

Guest Dot

I found Lana in May 2012. I downloaded all of BTD together, but the first Lana song I heard was Video Games, which I hated, and Born To Die, which I hated, and then Blue Jeans, which made me fall in love with her.

OMG I forgot about Born to Die! That was the second song I heard and yes I hated it too! :lmao:

But Blue Jeans is A-MAZING!

video games

late 2011

i didn't know i'd become this obsessed

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I listened to Video Games back in June 2011 (almost July tho, maybe July idk) and thought it was ok, then in september i heard it again + blue jeans and i liked blue jeans more than video games, then downloaded AKA as "Nevada" and a zip of the leaks at that time (KOL, Driving in cars w boys, Lolita demo, National Anthem demo, tiwmug demo, YCBTB, etc...) and National Anthem demo made me fall in love w her, downloaded OTTR cuz it was already out and then Lana Del Rey EP. Bought the album in February 2012. :P

a friend posted the link to the video games video on facebook around feb 2012 and i remember going "why is her voice so deep"  :toofunny: but then i had the melody stuck in my head the next couple of weeks. downloaded it and then got born to die (the song) as well. loved those two. 

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_tumblr_stati

The first song I heard was Born To Die, when the music video came out.  I didn't like her at first I was like 'her lips are so huge, her voice is so deep' but I couldn't stop listening to it.

I never downloaded any of her songs until a few months ago... Idk why (guess I'm too lazy and preferred watching the vids in YT lol)

ZmJh1LG.jpg

For first I heard Video Games on MTV and I remember that I was like "wtf this channel plays such random, lame music" and I found that Lana looked really weird, like a poor person. It was kind of memorable but didn't bother with it. A lot later, I randomly clicked on the BTD video on youtube and watched it. I found the song totally boring, but she was just so beautiful it totally enchanted me and I went back for days and days just to watch the video so that I could be looking at her. As I heard the song again and again I got into it and quickly became obsessed because of her unique sound. I was like: quick I need more, MORE!!!! I found Blue Jeans and also Mermaid motel on youtube (I remember the original Mermaid Motel upload only had 6000 views at the time, now it has millions) and for a long time I only had those 3 songs by her but they sounded so good I listened to them over and over again.

First time I heard her was, when my friend told me she was listening to Video Games by her, and I had heard of her, but never bothered to look her up. This was in November of 2011. So I listened to her and became obsessed with her, then I noticed she had another video on her vevo which was, Born to Die. So, I listened to those two back and forth for like hours on end. My first download by her was the Lana Del Rey EP on iTunes. 

My first Lana song was on YouTube, it was Born To Die in March of 2013 and I went, downloaded BTD and AKA and found Sirens and then found the other leaks after finding out that leaks even existed. (I was like, 14. I'm 16 now... don't judge lol) My friend ended up giving me a hard copy of BTD for my 15th birthday. So I've been listening to her for a while lol

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

First song I heard with intention was Video Games in 2011, didn't really like it that much but there was something about Lana so I kept listening, only about half of her songs at the time appealed to me.

No idea which songs I dl'ed first, my computer has crashed multiple times since becoming a fan  :noparty:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif