lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

I don't get why everyone's so unhappy about it?? It's basically the same format as BTD and Paradise, simple and nice. 

yasss

This tbh.

Jesus, it's just a single cover anyway.

this.

I'm just scared for that album cover.

Now I wanna hear all these loud people who complained about our sweet Nicole!

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Excited for West Coast, I hope the dates are for tomorrow, but if not then it's probably before her performance this Sunday like some of you said.

About the single cover, I'm not unhappy with it, not that it matters anyway. It might not even be a single cover and just a promotional image that happened to be a square, who knows. I just think that it looks like there was no thought or effort put into it. If they're going for simple, there are other ways rather than to just center everything in an image. I'm not a fan of the yellow/blue color scheme, and I know this sounds like an absolutely pointless critique, and you know what? It is! If y'all can bitch about how she recycles lyrics, I can bitch about her design/campaign team. Just let me rant about this, because I can't deal with all her badly designed artworks (Tropico...) when she had such good designs (Born To Die single cover, Paradise cover, booklets, etc). It just felt lazy, using the same image (which I understand they're using that image to finally launch the Ultraviolence campaign) and she looks really good there, I just wished it was more thought out.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Sorry to add to the swirl of rumors, but this snippet's going around. http://tiranodestruido.tumblr.com/post/82311747566/fake-instrumental-for-west-coast

Kind of sounds similar to that instagram video and it sounds like it could be her at the end. Idk though. Probably fake.

And the person put fake snippet because someone sent it to them telling them it was the intro, but they're not sure if it's real either. 

Excited for West Coast, I hope the dates are for tomorrow, but if not then it's probably before her performance this Sunday like some of you said.

About the single cover, I'm not unhappy with it, not that it matters anyway. It might not even be a single cover and just a promotional image that happened to be a square, who knows. I just think that it looks like there was no thought or effort put into it. If they're going for simple, there are other ways rather than to just center everything in an image. I'm not a fan of the yellow/blue color scheme, and I know this sounds like an absolutely pointless critique, and you know what? It is! If y'all can bitch about how she recycles lyrics, I can bitch about her design/campaign team. Just let me rant about this, because I can't deal with all her badly designed artworks (Tropico...) when she had such good designs (Born To Die single cover, Paradise cover, booklets, etc). It just felt lazy, using the same image (which I understand they're using that image to finally launch the Ultraviolence campaign) and she looks really good there, I just wished it was more thought out.

You didn't like the Tropico artwork? Why not? I think it was absolutely gorgeous.

Sorry to add to the swirl of rumors, but this snippet's going around. http://tiranodestruido.tumblr.com/post/82311747566/fake-instrumental-for-west-coast

Kind of sounds similar to that instagram video and it sounds like it could be her at the end. Idk though. Probably fake.

And the person put fake snippet because someone sent it to them telling them it was the intro, but they're not sure if it's real either. 

Probably fake, but who knows-- why is it so long, though? Weird.

You didn't like the Tropico artwork? Why not? I think it was absolutely gorgeous.

I liked the first one with the snake, but the one with Shaun was horrid. It's the mixture of Chuck's questionable photography and kind of not doing anything and just slapping text on the images, idk. I just wish she'd actually hire people this stuff rather than just her friends, anyway I don't want to go off topic.

I think it's weird how the West Coast album cover is a totally different look compared to the Ultraviolence billboards. I'm not sure what they're trying to do? Like, West Coast, she looks natural, not a lot of make up and fresh, very simple, ocean, yellow, blue font. Then Ultraviolence, in red letters, black background, Lana with a cigarette? 

Confuses me. I don't know what they're going for.

I think it's weird how the West Coast album cover is a totally different look compared to the Ultraviolence billboards. I'm not sure what they're trying to do? Like, West Coast, she looks natural, not a lot of make up and fresh, very simple, ocean, yellow, blue font. Then Ultraviolence, in red letters, black background, Lana with a cigarette? 

Confuses me. I don't know what they're going for.

i know, i thought Ultraviolence was meant to be dark and wrong.....West Coast doesn't seem like that 

Which would be fine if it was just a random track but its not, its the Lead Single. Shouldn't have a sound which is best describes the album?