lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

just got back home~

i dig the song a lot! the way it slows down is fucking dope as hell. the sounds at the ending as well omg. yayo aka genius. if this is what they meant by unlistenable im down.

only thing bothering me about the release is all the talk about charts like  :gtfo: #sorrynotsorry

The high pitched sounds on the last chorus. At the beggining I thought they were some Lana super high notes. So dissapointed when I found out they weren't.  :toofunny:

It's so different and so gorgeous. I'm loving this new sound direction that she seems to be heading in! I'm so happy! Really looking forward to Ultraviolence now :cuteface:

20r46kx.jpg

i dig the song a lot! the way it slows down is fucking dope as hell. 

Right? First time I listened I felt like the fabric of time was melting or something, like when you've been smoking and it suddenly kicks in.

The production is really on another level.

I like it. I'm not in love with it. The only reason I'm listening to it on repeat is because it's an official single.

I do like the direction she's going. It's definitely not stripped-back as I expected. I always enjoyed her more rock-oriented demos/songs, so I'm really loving the guitar and the tempo change. I just wish her vocals were less filtered and there was more, I don't know, space between the arrangement. The lyrics are nothing to write home about, no matter how deep some people are going to make them out to be. However, I didn't like a lot of the tracks of Born to Die and Paradise, but after some time, some of those tracks became my favorites, so who knows, in the near future I might come back to this and love it.

I think one of the main reasons she's changing the sound is to appeal to a much older crowd. I don't know if it's radio-friendly and it probably won't last long on the iTunes charts. And I'm worried that some critics will think she's trying to hard with it. Which, admittedly, I kind of think so. Anyway, it's only a snapshot of the album so I'm not going to judge it. I'm just happy that the new era has started. Really looking forward to the music video.

They only released it on Mexico, Canada and US of A :eartha2:

makes sense since the western hemisphere got it like at 3 am in the morning

I hope you remember me like this, smoking cigarettes in my sundress.