lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

Guest Dot

This new radio version is fucking terrible. The mood and sex of the original is gone, this new one is some upbeat bullshit.

And here i thought the destroying of her songs was ending with Gervais doing cheesy crap dance singles. 

Oh well, the video looks cool. 

You're overreacting. You should be glad that you have the album version AND a radio remix. I hated the original/album version and I'm more than grateful I'll be getting a different version I can actually listen to without cringing. It's not terrible or trash, it was simply made for a different audience.

what the heck are u talking about lmfao, this version is just for germany and some europe countries, and its not replacing the original so u can hear that one if u want.

Yes, because she actually gets a lot of airplay here. :hottie:

when did this thread get to 100 jesus ok anyway

i like the radio edit because it's "suitable" for radio but it's still what lana envisioned for the song, yet completely different. i like how theres alternate lyrics (i think.. right?) and maybe some sort of bridge too. 

this is the only alternate version of west coast i care about because the differences are more than subtle lol 

also she better release this and give it to radio stations before may 30 because theres no point in having it on the radio for like 4 days before the album comes out? 

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

Guest Dot

Anyone else notice the subtle lyric changes and verse swaps? Pretty interesting to me. I can't stop playing the preview, it's a really well-done mix, honestly. Very subtle reggae-esque vibes and definitely fit for radio-play.

Exactly. I don't get the hate for it. Do people really think it's going to replace the album version? :eartha: not that I would mind... :oopna:

The Radio Edit is alright, however, the song loses it's essence. The original made me subconsciously sway and gave me the urge to grind with someone, but I just don't get that with the new version. I'm trying not to pick it apart too bad but all of the elements that made me love the first one are gone (except the lyrics) and the almost haunting feel and sound of it is also gone. :poordat:  

The same as iTunes version 1, no?

No . . .

Video version has a DR value of 7

iTunes version has a DR value of 6

Ergo, the video version is the real first version, while the iTunes track has been "mastered for iTunes," i.e. EQ'd (not in a bad way) and run through a compressor

but lbr they both kind of sound like mud compared to this new snippet

THE NEW RADIO MIX ONE BLOWS THE ORIGINAL OUT OF THE WATER. THIS IS WHAT I WANTED. YES. YES. YES.  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

edit: oh nobody agrees with me :/ I just really wanted an uptempo summer song. The original is more beautiful and powerful, but this is the summer song I wanted.

Why should i be glad there's a crap version of the song? that makes no sense. 

I'll stick to the original, thanks. 

stick to it, but dont trash talk a song, u can do better than that. (i think) 

OMG The verses from the new version sound exactly as I had imagined them back when she sang them acapella for the first time! :legend:

On the other hand it sounds pretty much like the demo version of Dark Paradise and I liked the chorus just as it was...

Guess you can never please everyone

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Guest Dot

THE NEW RADIO MIX ONE BLOWS THE ORIGINAL OUT OF THE WATER. THIS IS WHAT I WANTED. YES. YES. YES.  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

edit: oh nobody agrees with me :/ I just really wanted an uptempo summer song. The original is more beautiful and powerful, but this is the summer song I wanted.

I agree, honey. I agree. :sadcore2:

The radio mix also has much better mastering and is overall more cohesive tbh. But that's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with me, lol.

If its trash, i'll trash talk it. If you have issues with that then dont join a forum where people express their opinions. I'm not telling you to hate it, so give it a rest. 

u can use some wiser words to express that u dont like something IMO.

To quote cimb:

1. 1st iTunes version - 4:15

Original version. This is on the official audio video. AKA Rob Orton mix

2. Dan Auerbach Radio Edit - 3:47

Vocals edited a little bit so that they're clearer, some vocal layers added/removed, last chorus cut

3. 2nd iTunes version - 4:16

Pretty much the same as the above version but with the last chorus. Lead sound during the last two choruses quietened.

4. Radio Mix (Swiss iTunes Store only atm) - 1:31 (currently) (Full version is 3:47)

Different instrumental (louder guitars, prominent drums), different vocal take, the song doesn't enter half time/change tempo for the chorus, 2nd verses (it all could happen/they got their movies) cut. It's a co-incidence that it's the same length as the Dan Auerbach version. The two are completely different.

The second iTunes version I have was purchased by another friend on here and it's 4:17.

I did this whole thing with Young and Beautiful, trying to get all of the different versions, then I just ended up deleting all of the alternates. So I think I'm gonna just forget about all of these too. I bought the original *perfect* version twice and that's good enough for me.  :flutter:

It may have already been mentioned but has anyone else heard Lana talking in the background behind the music starting at around 1:55min of this song? I can't make out what she's saying. LOVE this song BTW!