naachoboy

West Coast vs BTD vs Ride (Poll)

West Coast vs Born To Die vs Ride  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the better song to you?

• West Coast
    • Born To Die
    • Ride

ikr, people use the word overproduced too much, without understanding it completely lol 

Overproduced : too many sounds mixed together that it's hard to identify them.

To me West Coast is very RAW and overproduced.

I recognize that the vocals are less produced than Ride and BTD.

Afterall maybe I don't have the real meaning of overproduced, I'll ask the sens of it to the musicians I'm working with. (But please, not you)

OTTR is definetly on the top 3 of the album, but she cant sing that song live or she couldnt sing it, so i think thats why she didnt make that song a single lol 

Sad but true, my fav BTD song.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

OTTR is definetly on the top 3 of the album, but she cant sing that song live or she couldnt sing it, so i think thats why she didnt make that song a single lol

KOL should have been on the album and should've been a single it would totally slay!!!

And I actually really enjoy OTTR live... I like how she sounds drunk in the verses and like she is close to fainting in the chorus.... And those high notes in the end... :)

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I really had to stop and think about this one. I went with Born To Die, as is it's such a classic to me. The opening instrumental is what really hooked me to the song. Although when I heard West Coast, I literally was so in love with it I actually stopped breathing, which made it an incredibly close second. I really love Ride, but for me it wasn't an instant love, it kinda had to grow on me (and I still find myself skipping it from time to time)

My only problem with West Coast was exactly that it was not an obviously better song than BTD and Ride (still awesome, but the other 2 are better).

BTD is perfect and it made me fall in love with Lana

The ride Instrumental, and the verses are just so great to hear

I listened to Born To Die and Ride maybe 100 times since i bought her album but I listened to WC 100 times in 3 days :toofunny: (it's like the last part from OTTR for me eargasmic :flutter:)

In my opinion, West Coast isn't as strong, lyrically, as Born To Die and Ride. I find that BTD and Ride are the two most relatable songs from Lana which is why I love them so much. Also, the instrumentation from both songs are just incredible to me because they're very cinematic and that's what I personally like.

Video Games

:rock:

In fact Video Games is the first single from the album lmao but i understand why Born to Die is here, it was her first official planned release + professional video.

For me It's a tie between West Coast and Ride. I can't choose. I never really liked Born to Die that much, :stareney3:

I voted for Born to Die, but I just watched a live performance of Ride on youtube, and I realized that I relate to Ride more than Born to Die. I don't know, I just feel like Ride is a symbol of how I am and how I can be. Like the lyrics "I've got a war in my mind" and "I just ride" ugh, so good.

Nothing scares me anymore.

Awwww ride is 3rd. It was an instant love the first time heard it. Lyrically, I relate to ride the most. The song came out when I was feeling ~lost after graduating college and ride became my "national anthem" lol.

#2 BTD - The song grew on me and that music video is iconic with the 2 tigers.

#3 WC - I didn't feel anything when I first listened to it but I still like it.