Sitar

Promo Single: "SHADES OF COOL" (May 26)

^ agreed.

I just hate the improvising type singing with no clear distinction.

It annoys me so much what could have been an amazing song.

Million Dollar Man has a similar vibe but you can tell the distinction between the melodies on the verses and choruses.

And her vocal is awful in this song. Nasally just like West Coast.

are u the same in ATRL and GGD?

^ agreed.

Million Dollar Man has a similar vibe but you can tell the distinction between the melodies on the verses and choruses.

Spray-Perfume-431x288.jpg

I love this song. It sounds like one of her songs that would leak without actually getting a release - the songs we all wish she would release. This to me sounds like an evolution from Prom Song (Gone Wrong) in a way. Prom Song is written from the adolescent side of love while this is written from an experienced one - one that has dealt with heartbreak, loss, and trying to move on.

I absolutely love it.

Embrace Lana ha lounge singer era!

I love how this song swells like Million Dollar Man. Such a life-giving effect in both songs. Yet as apt as some comparisons have been, it still feels like a total departure. The unintelligible bridge is especially cool.

^ agreed.

Usually I don't care for other people negative opinion but you're getting obnoxious. Your basic taste it's not a measure for the quality of UV. Her vocals match the change in sound and if you don't like it get over it. You're shading her here on LB and on ATRL and for a (former) stan it's just lame. Go stan for Mariah and let us enjoy her new direction because it's truly great

IS IT OUT???

Where can I get it????

If it is not out, I will be so mad. I just had the worse day at school: I felt so sick, I wanted to speak to the assistant principal about a school newspaper but she was too busy, by the time I got to the canteen there was nothing left so I had nothing to eat all day and I have been feeling weak all day. The only thing that can soothe my pain at the moment is the release of Shades of Cool. I feel so gross :pft: :crying2: :air: :suicide:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

"and when he qualls, he qualls foh me, and naht foh you"   :lanahottie: 

love when she sings them like:

He lives for love, for women too

My baby lives in shades of cool                 and          and aptitude                                                                of         ny bonnies blue
                                                  cool heart       hands                                                                        I'm one    ma                       

In order to buy it, Ultra would need to be up for pre order on Aussie iTunes, but its not. Thanks Lana x. 

I don't really want to buy it off iTunes. I just want a free download link so I can then buy the physical CD because I'm not really allowed to get it off iTunes if I already have the song and I'm not going to buy it of iTunes if I'm going to get the physical CD and I need the physical CD. But I found a link. I posted it earlier but it embedded into a player thingy.

EDIT: (Now I get why they do that!)

I don't really want to buy it off iTunes. I just want a free download link so I can then buy the physical CD because I'm not really allowed to get it off iTunes if I already have the song and I'm not going to buy it of iTunes if I'm going to get the physical CD and I need the physical CD. but I found a link. I posted it earlier but it embedded into a player thingy. Here's the link: 

You shouldn't post links.

Oh, isn't it allowed? :sadcore6: Mods, delete my post 

No, it isn't. We could get into trouble. 

No need to, you can edit it yourself. There's an Edit button next to the Multi Quote button. :)

No, it isn't. We could get into trouble. 

No need to, you can edit it yourself. There's an Edit button next to the Multi Quote button. :)

Oh, right, yeah, I'll just have to get rid of the link part or is the rest of it not allowed either? That's why I wanted them to delete it instead of me editing it and just getting rid of the link. I'll just get rid of the link in the meantime.

But thanks for letting me know! :smile2:

I need to read the rules again :pft: I have such a horrible memory :eyeroll:

i cant understand how someone who loves lana cant like this. i just dont get it.

I guess it's a question of taste. Everything from Born To Die and Paradise had a more or less common sound and atmosphere. Kind of like between the "Upper Class Vintage Beauty Queen", the "Trailerpark Darling" and the "wasted, motorcycle riding bikerbabe". Ultraviolence sounds really different, toned down and with it's very own atmosphere. Also, they music we heard so far seems to be arranged in a different way compared to BtD. That means, if someone loved BtD, he is not necessarily a fan of the UV-sound.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!