Sitar

Promo Single: "SHADES OF COOL" (May 26)

why should they run away from her? don't understand that, haha. of course it's different but wasn't btd already different too? idk, i'm 16 and i already love ultra more than btd. after all it's still lana just with another style but with the same beauty and i see no reason to stop liking her because of that ^^

I think it is because Lana's music is too :quote: slow and depressing :quote: for the average modern teenager. A few girls in my class asked me if I knew Summertime Sadness for me to sing it (because they asked me to sing and I asked them to pick a Lana song) and I said that I only have the original version and they were saying something like, "Ugh, not the original? That song is way too slow and sad and depressing." I wanted to say something like, "The youth of today. They do not understand real music!" scoff and walk away. But I couldn't with my social anxiety. But I might be able to if someone says it again :willcut: :lel: But really, I don't get the new techno-pop music. If Lana puts out a song in that genre, I will :suicide:. This is one thing I love about Lana. And I'm glad Katy hasn't put a song of that noise either. I mean, you can't make that sound with an instrument! It's electronic. I'm afraid of the future, that it will end up with us brainless douchebags wearing those Google Glasses and on the computer twenty-four seven and never doing anything for real. Everything is on a damn screen. Yes, I am a very old-fashioned thirteen-year-old even though I have an iPhone, an iPad and a laptop and my best friend is someone I communicate with through texting and I am on almost every kind of social media. A lot of things about me conflict but I guess that's just crazy me. Oh, and I hope that the world will keep its sense of colour and won't have everything white. Colour is so important. Dullness is so dreadful. I'm getting off topic lol. I am just so glad Lana is not producing that kind of music and is OK with being different. I am proud of Lana and I love Shades Of Cool!

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I wanted to say something like, "The youth of today. They do not understand real music!" scoff and walk away.

I'm afraid of the future, that it will end up with us brainless douchebags wearing those Google Glasses and on the computer twenty-four seven and never doing anything for real. Everything is on a damn screen.

please please please don't be a music elitist, no type of music is 'better' than another, it all depends on personal taste.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I think it is because Lana's music is too :quote: slow and depressing :quote: for the average modern teenager. A few girls in my class asked me if I knew Summertime Sadness for me to sing it (because they asked me to sing and I asked them to pick a Lana song) and I said that I only have the original version and they were saying something like, "Ugh, not the original? That song is way too slow and sad and depressing." I wanted to say something like, "The youth of today. They do not understand real music!

Your taste does not make the type of music you prefer superior.

If that were the case, a bunch of people would think that rap is the best there is. :toofunny:

Even the thought....:flop:

Anyway, it's about the intent of listening to music. For most people it's to dance and have fun, that is why fast music is what they want to hear. For other people, they like to feel the music and be with it, for that Lana's music is better.

It really shows when you look at concert footages, the crowd stands in awe and sings along sometimes, while at a Kesha concert they go crazy, jump, dance scream, it's a huge party. The reason why they listen to music is different

I am in love with SOC. The first time I heard it I enjoyed it, but didn't think that I would fall "in love" with it. Then I went back and listened a second and third time and I can't get enough of it. It sounds like something straight out of a Bond movie. I actually sent the vevo link to several of my friends who have no taste dislike Lana's music and they all enjoyed it, so that says something.  :oprah:  I don't know what she did, but she is nailing this era (with this song alone). The line "and when he calls, he calls for me, and not for you" is the ultimate FU to all the ex-women and I LOVE IT  :defeated:  I've never been more excited for June 17th. Oh, and for the record, I am 23 and felt like an old woman at the show last month. I've never seen so many teenage girls in one space. My ears still hurt from the shrieking  :facepalm:

:teehee:

Her delivery during that verse says that she is NOT playing with any other tramp who might want her man.

I am so in love with song now, i cannot get it outta my head all day.

Ditto.

It has grown A LOT on me. I was quite skeptical at first, but now I love it just as much as WC.  :party:

Your taste does not make the type of music you prefer superior.

If that were the case, a bunch of people would think that rap is the best there is. :toofunny:

Even the thought.... :flop:

Anyway, it's about the intent of listening to music. For most people it's to dance and have fun, that is why fast music is what they want to hear. For other people, they like to feel the music and be with it, for that Lana's music is better.

It really shows when you look at concert footages, the crowd stands in awe and sings along sometimes, while at a Kesha concert they go crazy, jump, dance scream, it's a huge party. The reason why they listen to music is different

Yeah, that's true :isee:

It's growing on me but I still really just like the guitar solo and the ending.  I like the idea of this song, if that makes sense, more than the song itself.  I think it will fit the album better but I don't know how it is as a single.  It reminds me of "Rhapsody in Blue" or something.  Feels kind of pastoral, maybe driving through the Inland Empire. :giggle:

u6pq4c9.gif

Can anyone make out what Lana is saying during the bridge? I hear her voice. Is it just mumbling?

The only things I think I can understand are "your heart ..." and "winter in the summer". I guess she is singing words, but it's more for the sound not the lyrics, so it's hard to understand.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I love the song and the fact that is so different from WC. I saw some critics bitching about coupling "too" with "Malibu" but that was really the only thing they could single out as a flaw (and they tried hard as always). The overall effect is gorgeous and I hope that the song will become a soundtrack soon

Can anyone make out what Lana is saying during the bridge? I hear her voice. Is it just mumbling?

Yeah, I have the same question. I actually thought I sent it but maybe I didn't. Oh, wait, no, THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO POST! :omfg2: I had it all day in my head at school to come on and ask that when I get home but I forgot by the home time :omfg2:

The only things I think I can understand are "your heart ..." and "winter in the summer". I guess she is singing words, but it's more for the sound not the lyrics, so it's hard to understand.

I think I can hear "unreal" and "is unreal". That's all I can make out :whatever: but I don't know if it's correct either.

I think it's 'You're hell and I'm winter in the summer...I-I forget others...I-I winter in the summer'

OAjeWdG.jpg?1