C0neyIslandKing

Lana Del Rey performs "Ultraviolence" (Song) in Vancouver

Guest Dot

I just love all the cross-references to her other songs. I didn't get the HB references at first, but after listening to it a few times I did. Also, SOC is very similar to Backfire which is one of my favs.

The crowd's reaction during the bridge is literally giving me life! It's exactly how I felt when I heard the bridge for the first time. And thank god there doesn't seem to be a part with inaudible vocals and too loud guitar solos.

I think I understand what she meant by unlistenable. Listening to West Coast, Shades of Cool, and then Ultraviolence drained me emotionally, to be honest. Can't imagine how I'll feel after listening to it all the way through. This shit is dark.

The same here. Especially the spoken part in UV is touching, I felt suicidal.

The same here. Especially the spoken part in UV is touching, I felt suicidal.

Exactly. Things really are more uncomfortable when they're more personal. Or maybe more relatable. I don't know, but there was something so striking about the whole thing, especially the bridge.

Exactly. Things really are more uncomfortable when they're more personal. Or maybe more relatable. I don't know, but there was something so striking about the whole thing, especially the bridge.

Yeah, definitely. I hope I'll be able to handle the entire album since just one song made me feel this way. Frankly, I was shocked by my emotional reaction. I had never felt like this before.

Yeah, definitely. I hope I'll be able to handle the entire album since just one song made me feel this way. Frankly, I was shocked by my emotional reaction. I had never felt like this before.

That's too funny! Lmao I hadn't either. I don't react emotionally to Lana's lyrics, but Ultraviolence the song just killed me

My first impression was that this song is basic as hell & sounds like the typical film soundtrack... but it really grew on me, up to the point where it's now my fav out of the 3 we have so far. The pre-chorus and bridge are heavenly tbh. So excited for the studio version  :flutter:

Ultraviolence is by far the best of all yet known tracks of the album. I also liked the new vibes of West Coast but Ultraviolence has something special and a lot of potential. It remembers me of her old songs.

After West Coast and Shades of Cool i was a bit skeptical especially because if love Born to Die so much. But now im fully convinced Ultraviolence gonna be mindblowing.

I think Lana's live performance might be better than the studio version unless my headphones are messing with the sound.

As long as she's not singing Summertime Sadness/Ride or Burning Desire, yes live versions are better.

This old VHS title-style saying Ultraviolence is so so cool!

this is going to sound so good

So did she just reuse unused clips from the West Coast video shoot, or did she shoot several vids in one go :defeated:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=744563305586122&set=vb.117713628271096&type=2&theater

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

This darn song --- Lord have mercy on me. I really never gave this live version a good listen until recently. Wow. The lyrics are so...I am speechless, really, though I could do without the spoken word piece.

Lana gets it right time after time. I hope the studio version captures the grim desolation of Lana's vocal delivery throughout the song.