Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

I don't think she would romanticize and cherish the idea this way if she actually was in a lolita-esque relationship. Maybe we're very different people, but in my own experience it's something I cringe over and try to forget it actually happened.

I don't think she was 12 or anything like the actual Lolita story, but I believe that she fell in love with a man who was much older than her.

She could've been in her 20s with him being 50 or something I don't know.

She keeps making references to it in most of the songs, and she said the ride video was 'her story' which makes it kind of obvious I think..

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

I don't think she was 12 or anything like the actual Lolita story, but I believe that she fell in love with a man who was much older than her.

She keeps making references to it in most of the songs, and she said the ride video was 'her story' which makes it kind of obvious I think..

^ this.

She was probably in her late teens and thought it was cool. If it weren't true I doubt it would be such a prominent theme.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

i know she had a relationship with an early producer, she referenced it in an early interview, i'll see if i can find it!!

Well, I think she said she made out with him.

^ this.

She was probably in her late teens and thought it was cool. If it weren't true I doubt it would be such a prominent theme.

That's what I meant. But that's not really Lolita-esque, that's just a relationship with an older man. She did it because she thought the concept was cool. She even said she started drinking because she thought "the concept was so fucking cool."

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Well, I think she said she made out with him.

yep but she also said like that she performed in his basement, and also she must have been seeing him in some way, because if they were making out and working together things would be weird if it was a once off thing? (i'm assuming anyway)

what do you think?

EDIT: but she also seems like a relationship kinda girl and maybe not only with one boyfriend at a time?

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

yep but she also said like that she performed in his basement, and also she must have been seeing him in some way, because if they were making out and working together things would be weird if it was a once off thing? (i'm assuming anyway)

what do you think?

EDIT: but she also seems like a relationship kinda girl and maybe not only with one boyfriend at a time?

Right, I heard that "perform in his basement thing" too. It does make sense even though she's also said that she's been offered chances if she slept with somebody but she never accepted.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

That's what I meant. But that's not really Lolita-esque, that's just a relationship with an older man. She did it because she thought the concept was cool. She even said she started drinking because she thought "the concept was so fucking cool."

I don't know, maybe it was for her. I mean an 18/19 yr old with a let's say 45 yr old is pretty Lolita-esque I'd say..

My point is that I don't think she sings about Lolita just because she likes the idea, but because she actually felt like a Lolita at one point in her life, and I do believe she fell for him and didn't just do it because she thought it was cool, but I could easily be wrong.

"Performing in his basement," that sounds so fucking creepy.

agreed lol :creepna:

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

"Performing in his basement," that sounds so fucking creepy.

it does! she obviously had something going on their, there's just so much mystery! i can't find the interview tho' still searching?

EDIT: nm way to personal opps...

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

it does! she obviously had something going on their, there's just so much mystery! i can't find the interview tho' still searching?

EDIT: do you think she ever slept with guys to get her own way? i know she said "sleeping with the boss doesn't get you anywhere these days" but that sounds experienced...

Here: http://www.huffingto...e_b_159346.html

Where is the strangest place you've ever performed? Ever written a song?

LG: Strangest performance: Alone in a basement for a handsome record executive.

Strangest ever written: Back at his office while I was making out with him.

Do you think she meant David Kahne?

I don't know, maybe it was for her. I mean an 18/19 yr old with a let's say 45 yr old is pretty Lolita-esque I'd say..

My point is that I don't think she sings about Lolita just because she likes the idea, but because she actually felt like a Lolita at one point in her life, and I do believe she fell for him and didn't just do it because she thought it was cool, but I could easily be wrong.

agreed lol :creepna:

Well, the whole thing about a Lolita-esque relationship is that the girls is though very young also seductive. According to the book, Lolitas HAVE to be between 9 and 14 years old. Yes, her being 18/19 and him being like 45 is weird but it's very different from her being 12-14. She's so much more aware of what that kind of age difference is seen as and what image she's giving herself. A 12 year old girl (probably) wouldn't be aware of that whole Lolita thing.

Yes, she probably did love him but she also loved the idea.

EDIT: nm way to personal opps...

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

in my edit i asked if you thought she slept with guys to get her own way as i thought she spoke from experience when she said "sleeping with the boss doesn't get you anywhere these days", but that question seems a little bit to personal...

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

in my edit i asked if you thought she slept with guys to get her own way as i thought she spoke from experience when she said "sleeping with the boss doesn't get you anywhere these days", but that question seems a little bit to personal...

Oh, well she obviously had soomething with that record executive, soo...I think it's quite possible.

I don't think she would romanticize and cherish the idea this way if she actually was in a lolita-esque relationship. Maybe we're very different people, but in my own experience it's something I cringe over and try to forget it actually happened.

that's totally how I feel! Maybe she was in her early 20's/late teens and had a much older relationship, but not at like 13-15 because I did and personally, it think it's the least romantic thing ever hah! obviously everyone's different but all I can think is I was a child, I wasn't in love ect.

I have gold in my veins

that's totally how I feel! Maybe she was in her early 20's/late teens and had a much older relationship, but not at like 13-15 because I did and personally, it think it's the least romantic thing ever hah! obviously everyone's different but all I can think is I was a child, I wasn't in love ect.

It is possible to be in love with an older man at a very young age but one wouldn't share it with the world, that's something you keep secret.

It is possible to be in love with an older man at a very young age but one wouldn't share it with the world, that's something you keep secret.

I don't think Lana would keep that secret, to be honest.

It's not a wish for her to be a Lolita, Jimmy Gnecco and Mike Mizrahi are both like a decade or more older than her.

A Lolita is a 9-14 year old girl that's in a relationship with an older man. She was already at least 20 when she got into relationships with Gnecco and Mizrahi. She may like older guys but that's nothing too weird now. It would've been different if she was a child (or early teenager) sleeping with a 35 year old man.

Yes, she likes older men, but I don't think she was in a relationship with an older man as a child, that just seems to be a fantasy of hers.

I don't think Lana would keep that secret, to be honest.

Why not? It's illegal and that man could go to prison if she told everyone about it.

No, I mean if she felt like that about an older man, I don't actually think she'd keep it from him.

That's not what I meant. I meant that, if she was or had been in a relationship with an older man, she'd keep it from everyone else.