Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

I think Burning Desire is about Barrie and Lucky Ones, of course

And I see where Ride could fit in, as well. I think they r so cute :flutter:

This begs the question...when was "Lucky Ones" written? Because she's obviously not been dating Barrie that long (maybe a year at this point?), and all we know "Radio" was the last song written for Born to Die.

"Burning Desire" is pretty nonspecific, but nothing about it is particularly sad, so I could get with that.

*confession*

I've never listened to the whole of burning desire.

Every time I listen to it I kind of hate it and change to another song halfway through..

bad fan tbqh PyyGV.gif

Everyone's agreed it's a grower, give it a chance.

bad fan tbqh PyyGV.gif

Everyone's agreed it's a grower, give it a chance.

Normally I listen and listen to a song I don't like until I like it, but I don't know, I just can't listen to it! I really don't like it. Tonight I'll have it on loop and see if it will grown on me... I'm not convinced :pft:

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

Y'all know that a song is about Barrie when Emile incorporate bagpipes tunes.

Blue kilt, white shirt..~

103934703870386544_BN2VQQW2_b.jpg

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Y'all know that a song is about Barrie when Emile incorporate bagpipes tunes.

Blue kilt, white shirt..~

103934703870386544_BN2VQQW2_b.jpg

:creepy:

Good point, though--I guess we can rule out "American".

Good point, though--I guess we can rule out "American".

American is in fact the most plausible :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

Your skin so golden brown~, beyond the dope Lee Brown, like an American..

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

:usrs: Barrie's skin is not so golden brown.

I think you are reading waaay too much into all of this. My friend is a songwriter, and while he writes from experience, he also writes from the experiences of those around him, but makes them personal. If someone who didn't know him read them, they would assume it's all about him... he's inspired by friends, movies (and Lana is so inpired by film noir), news reports, books.. LIFE, just not always his.

I'm not sure if you were making a reference I'm too dumb to understand, but I'm pretty 100000% positive the lyrics are "Be young, Be dope, Be proud like an American."

14417469274.gif

I think you are reading waaay too much into all of this. My friend is a songwriter, and while he writes from experience, he also writes from the experiences of those around him, but makes them personal. If someone who didn't know him read them, they would assume it's all about him... he's inspired by friends, movies (and Lana is so inpired by film noir), news reports, books.. LIFE, just not always his.

that's usually true, but lana herself has said that her music is "100% autobiographical", which of course feeds our speculation. if she didn't throw clues around (and if she weren't so fascinating and hadn't lived such a full life) we wouldn't feel so compelled to try to piece together stories and people and associate them to her lyrics! bear in mind that some theories have been somewhat confirmed, while others are in the air or maybe just fantasies.

If I was Barrie, I'd be kinda pissed. She's been singing about K and Jimmy for years and there are barely any/no songs about him, even now. I know she likes to reminisce but I think that's a little odd.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

d3JPg.gif

I'm not sure if you were making a reference I'm too dumb to understand, but I'm pretty 100000% positive the lyrics are "Be young, Be dope, Be proud like an American."

I HEART YOU BILL

:usrs: Barrie's skin is not so golden brown.

AND YOU SITAR

I think Neal's point is that the lyric is "like an American"

ESPECIALLY YOU BABY

Yeah, I wasn't sure. That's why I said this:

snapback.pngHundred Dollar Bill, on 18 October 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

I'm too dumb to understand

:creep:

Ah Bill, no need to understand nuthin, why don't you just come stay in my pant's pocket more often.

If I was Barrie, I'd be kinda pissed. She's been singing about K and Jimmy for years and there are barely any/no songs about him, even now. I know she likes to reminisce but I think that's a little odd.

Isn't Radio about him? Just thought that since it was the last song she wrote before releaseing BtD. And I think she said that it had to do with people liking her 'cause she was playing on the radio. Anyways, she said she'll always love that past love of hers, so Barrie should know that and just decided that it doesn't really do anything or something like that.

last.fm  

I thought you were flirting with me but then I remembered my username... got my hopes up. :(

nuthin more gorg than 20 of yous wrapped up tight in silk

JLMg2.gif

u kno it boo :hooker:

that's one big orgy party to cook for :facepalm: