Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

23 hours ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

I just want to pop in to say that The Triad is an online AA group from L.A., and given all the other references to AA throughout the song (which @misselectrarockwell covered!) I think that's likely what she means. Although I think it's probably meant to be a clever lyric which references both the father, son, and holy spirit and the AA group ... very Lana 

So cool to see all of us putting the pieces together! Love seeing this thread update every now and then, it’s definitely one of my favorites on this site for sure (:

𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙖 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙣' 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙..

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119tm0xa5wga61up5ptu

On 6/6/2024 at 2:47 PM, yourboy said:

Yup, honestly it's kinda embarrassing now to even look at my old post talking about holidays :tiffany2: After her performances consisting of these little bookclub looking meetings, I definitely think it's about AA meetings. And she pours coffee from that little pot! It all comes together after looking at her newer performances, it's very interesting.

https://youtu.be/Pg_0jzIgaSc?si=sQY5eAANiiBGuQw0

This might be very personal to Lana and I wonder if I could even talk about this openly, but she has said that she's been sober for 10+ years and is it a common thing to attend AA meetings after these years? It's obviously up to the individuals, but the alcohol references throughout her whole career, sometimes I am worried that she might be still struggling to stay sober to this very day. This is just personal so I wouldn't even want a clear answer from anybody, but it's always on my mind for some reason and I really hope she's doing well!

I think substance abuse is always very personal and it’s a journey that can be an uphill battle, something you have to constantly work towards, and at times you may relapse and have to start all over again.

She talks about being “wasted” in the greatest and asking someone not to leave because she just needs a “wake up call” and a bunch of other references to alcohol in her discography I think it’s safe to say it’s something she struggles with 

So we know in A&W, she says that Sean plays back beat while they were talking because he was hiding her relationship with Lana and didn’t want to be heard. Could this line in Violet for Roses be about Sean as well?

“Ever since I fell out of love with you, I break dance to the back beat
And God, does it sound sweet, like it's playin' just for me”

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

pet96.gif pet96.gif pet96.gif

23 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

So we know in A&W, she says that Sean plays back beat while they were talking because he was hiding her relationship with Lana and didn’t want to be heard. Could this line in Violet for Roses be about Sean as well?

“Ever since I fell out of love with you, I break dance to the back beat
And God, does it sound sweet, like it's playin' just for me”

If I'm not wrong, I think she confirmed in that October 2021 Instagram livestream that it was about him.

2.gif