Sign in to follow this  
veniceglitch

Lana On Cover of Clash Magazine (UK): Music 'not worth' all the bullshit?

Lana is on the cover of UK digital magazine Clash this month. (Hopefully someone can buy it and post the whole interview!) The theme of the issue is, fittingly, The American Dream.

rsz_final_clash_96_cover_0.jpg

They tease with a blurb about her talking leaving music (again).

'In an interview with Clash for this month’s special American Dream-themed issue,Lana Del Rey admitted that she considered quitting music after her breakthrough album ‘Born To Die’.

Speaking with our own Joe Zadeh in California, she shed some light on her feelings at the time of the criticism that accompanied her early rise to fame.

In response to us asking regarding whether some of the criticism ever made her resent becoming a musician, she responded:

“All the time. Every day. I didn't want to do it, ever. You can make music, just for making music – you don't have to put it on YouTube. That was definitely a viable option for me. I have a lot of passions and making music was always something I would do for fun.

“But from what happened, it wasn't worth it most of the time. It’s still not really worth all the bullshit. But, meeting people like Dan Auerbach, making a record (‘Ultraviolence’) that is perfect for me, and being able to tell my story through music – that is totally amazing. But that is where it begins and ends. Sometimes I meet people who are really cool, but most of the time it isn't like that.”'

I have such mixed feelings about her saying that she wants to quit music. Ever since someone accused her of copying the Cobain way of handling fame, I can't stop seeing things in that light...

i am nothing and should be everything

I mean, it's her life. If she doesn't wanna make music anymore let her. Maybe she should just ignore it more or maybe it really is too much for her. Either way she should be happy.

Come on, you know she's not gonna really stop... :troll:

i am nothing and should be everything

I love how the magazine photo shoots so far are all in the style of the album cover shoot. She's really creating a set image for this album.

I love how the magazine photo shoots so far are all in the style of the album cover shoot. She's really creating a set image for this album.

they're all shot by the same guy, that's why :) and yes, they're amazing.

I have such mixed feelings about her saying that she wants to quit music. Ever since someone accused her of copying the Cobain way of handling fame, I can't stop seeing things in that light...

Don't know much about Cobain but a few people have accused her of mimicking him. 

care to elaborate?? anyone?? 

If she stops singing life will have no meaning to me coz I breathe her Music.. I worship at the temple of Lana Del Rey. I guess I need help.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

There's this interview where she says she cried onstange while singing cause she didn't know what she was or smth like that... And I read in the comments section that Kurt Cobain had a similar "on stage disease" and that she was so predictable...

Combine this with a lot of stuff we've discussed (cult, youth...) and you really beginnin to wonder.......

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg