SarcasticBeauty

Florida Kilos

this song is reminds me of Boarding School in the way that it glamorises drug abuse. in both songs, Lana sings in a cheery, girlish voice that makes you forget the true nature of what she's singing about. it's only when you REALLY listen to the lyrics that you realise how wrong the song is.

the song works so well as the end of the deluxe imo cause most of the songs before it are all about how Lana is rejected and emotionally drained by her boyfriend's drug addiction, but with this song, it's kind of like she's succumbed to the addiction - she's no better than her pill-popping boyfriend now. Lana's so clever.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Florida Kilos is seriously one of my favourite songs of all time!

So, I now see that the "kilos" reference means kilograms of cocaine. That makes more sense because what I thought was kilometres per hour which is what Australia uses to measure speed. It made sense with Lana's driving hobby but it didn't make sense because the American unit of measurement is miles per hour. When I read the tracklist I thought this song was going to be about driving around Florida :omfg2:

But this is what I hear for lyrics:

White lines, pretty baby, tattoos
Don't know what they mean
They're special, just for you
White lungs [maybe a reference on health problems? I don't know what drugs cause but I know it would make sense with smoking - white lungs meaning dead], baking powder on the stove
Cooking up a dream, turning diamonds into snow
I feel you, pretty baby, feel me
Turn it up hot, loving you is free
Ah, I get down, I get down way low
But you already know that
You already know

Come on down to Florida
I got something for ya
We could see the kilos or the keys, baby, oh ya
Guns in the summertime
Chic-a-Cherry Cola lime
Prison isn't nothing to me if you'll be buying us

Yayo, yayo, yayo
And all the dope fiends
Yayo, yayo, yayo

Sun in my mouth [it sounds like a th sound unless Lana has a lisp there] and gold hoops
You like your little baby like your-like your drinks, cool
White lines, pretty daddy, gold skin
You snort it like a champ, like the winner, winner in

Come on down to Florida

I got something for ya
Guns in the summertime
Chic-a-Cherry Cola lime
Prison isn't nothing to me if you'll be buying us

Yayo, yayo, yayo
And all the dope fiends
Yayo, yayo, yayo

We could get high Miami, ooh, dance the night away
People never die in Miami, ooh, that's what they all say, hey?
(You believe me, don't you baby?)

Come on down to Florida

I got something for ya
Guns in the summertime
Chic-a-Cherry Cola lime
Prison don't mean nothing to me if you'll be buying my

Yayo, yayo, yayo

All the Floridians like
Yayo, yayo, yayo
All the Columbians like
Yayo, yayo, yayo
And all my girlfriends
Yayo, yayo, yayo

That's how we do it, now
Mm mm, pretty baby
White lines, pretty baby
Gold teeth, pretty baby
Dance the night away

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

this song is reminds me of Boarding School in the way that it glamorises drug abuse. in both songs, Lana sings in a cheery, girlish voice that makes you forget the true nature of what she's singing about. it's only when you REALLY listen to the lyrics that you realise how wrong the song is.

the song works so well as the end of the deluxe imo cause most of the songs before it are all about how Lana is rejected and emotionally drained by her boyfriend's drug addiction, but with this song, it's kind of like she's succumbed to the addiction - she's no better than her pill-popping boyfriend now. Lana's so clever.

And Yayo. Lana's songs can be deceptively happy and glamourous, but when you really look into them...

And this song has me wanting a cherry cola lime. Do they exist? I missed the big trip to Atlanta to see the Coca-Cola factory.

YOU CALL ME LAVENDER, YOU CALL ME SUNSHINE

And this song has me wanting a cherry cola lime. Do they exist? I missed the big trip to Atlanta to see the Coca-Cola factory.

Yes, me too! I know cherry colas do, but I have never heard of a cherry cola lime before other than from this song.

Yes, me too! I know cherry colas do, but I have never heard of a cherry cola lime before other than from this song.

Hmm...maybe it's a cherry cola with a slice of lime in it?  ;)

Hmm...maybe it's a cherry cola with a slice of lime in it?  ;)

Maybe, but wouldn't it then be cherry cola and lime? I'm gonna actually look that up...

Nope, the only results I get are pages on cherry colas, lime colas or Florida Kilos lyrics :omfg2:

Lana probably made it up then. 

Pretty sure she's singing "like the winter we're not in".

It makes the most sense unlike those "let the winter winter in" or "like the winner winner in".

And I also think the "if you're by my side" makes most sense and is actually quite obvious to hear.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Maybe, but wouldn't it then be cherry cola and lime? I'm gonna actually look that up...

Nope, the only results I get are pages on cherry colas, lime colas or Florida Kilos lyrics :omfg2:

Lana probably made it up then. 

Lana's such a creative genius. God, Florida Kilos is just a masterpiece within itself.

It pisses me off to see "Drink a cherry cola lime" everywhere when that doesn't even sound close to right. 

Sounds like that's what she's trying to sing to me. 

:um:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I hear "chica cherry" instead of "drink a cherry". You can clearly hear the "ch" sound.

But we all know Lana doesn't speak or sing very clearly. It's different throughout the song.

Chica cherry makes no sense.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

But we all know Lana doesn't speak or sing very clearly. It's different throughout the song.

Chica cherry makes no sense.

Could be a reference to this? 

i think she might be saying 'zoom' in my mouth, ive used 'zoom' as slang for coke before and so have my friends.. i thought it was common slang but obviously not :/ i am positive it's a pretty common slang word for cocaine though, and i know a few people who call it that

also i think she says white lines, pretty daddy, gold skin, you snort it like a champ like the winter were not in

dlnh8i.gif