lanasgirl

Lana Del Rey: The New York Times Interview

I REALLY wish this had been the full-context quote on feminism that the press would pick up on. Sigh. She's so articulate here, and it just confirms my belief that she's both intensely intelligent and intensely combustible. She's always going to have a tough time in this business. "Am I meant for this world?" Chills.

"Intensely" is the adverb I would definitely use in this case. She is INTENSELY intelligent. I love that about her, and she seems to be so much of her own person. I like that she is evolving and that her sound is progressively slaying in its maturation. I just can't say enough about the girl at this moment. :defeated:

This is a great interview, wow. One of her best, and I'm really glad she seemed to be able to open up for such a hugely read publication. This interview is going to be an important one during the album cycle, and when reviews start coming in for UV. I loved that they got her age right, (mostly because people have all these silly theories about the one year difference when it's likely that it was a mistake made in one of her first "real" interviews in the past that people stuck with) I loved that she talked about how sarcastic MPG is supposed to be, and that she expands on the feminism thing, actually admitting that she doesn't really know anything about it (as opposed to tay tay swifting it or Shaline Woodley "I just love men so much, how could I possibly be a feminist" nonsense) A+ Lana

tZ7WN4B.gif

dat maha maha tease :creep:

i really enjoyed this interview though. aside from it being well written imo, the conversation seems interesting. That bit about her relationship with icons kind of explains to me why she's so involved and kind to her fans~

I was thinking the same exact thing. She is so close to her fans just like those she considers icons also.

I loved that they got her age right, (mostly because people have all these silly theories about the one year difference when it's likely that it was a mistake made in one of her first "real" interviews in the past that people stuck with)

Don't kid yourself. This was no "mistake". It was deliberate on the part of Lana and her management. She has directly lied about it herself in interviews at least twice. And a couple of the earliest articles after "Video Games" brought her attention tried to pass her off as two years younger. Although it's possible there might be a benign explanation for how this started-- perhaps a failure to update promotional material due to laziness and/or sloppiness-- and perhaps they just decided to double down on it after the "inauthentic label creation" accusations started flying, but even if so (and that's an extremely naïve and charitable reading of the situation that extends the benefit of the doubt above and beyond), the decision to continue perpetuating the falsehood was very deliberate. And very short-sighted and self-defeating in the long run.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Don't kid yourself. This was no "mistake". It was deliberate on the part of Lana and her management. She has directly lied about it herself in interviews at least twice. And a couple of the earliest articles after "Video Games" brought her attention tried to pass her off as two years younger. Although it's possible there might be a benign explanation for how this started-- perhaps a failure to update promotional material due to laziness and/or sloppiness-- and perhaps they just decided to double down on it after the "inauthentic label creation" accusations started flying, but even if so (and that's an extremely naïve and charitable reading of the situation that extends the benefit of the doubt above and beyond), the decision to continue perpetuating the falsehood was very deliberate. And very short-sighted and self-defeating in the long run.

I know she loves to compulsively lie in interviews, but it seems like such a stupid thing. I remember the early Video Game articles taking more off of her age, so at first I thought they fixed it when they started calling her 26, but those 12 months that they continued to lie about did nothing to or for the ~mystery~ of LDR, so it's just like.. God I hope they had some sort of reason, or that it was initially a mistake because it seems so unnecessary.

tZ7WN4B.gif