Rafael

Lana Del Rey Covers FADER Magazine

the idea of raise power to women, take power away from men doesn't work.

She's right though; feminists are so annoying .

What's more annoying are people who construct a straw man (straw woman? lol) of what feminism is and use it to blithely write off the entire feminist movement and the entirety of feminist thought.

How many of you cared about feminism before you saw a Tumblr post about it??

This is one of the dumber comments I've seen on this forum. And that's saying something.

Can we talk about the fact that she said: "I’ll tell you later when more people know." in regards to the Love of her life, the record exec?

WTF does that MEAN LANA?! LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA

She's practically begging for Lanalysis. :creepna:

Okay just drop the Kurt Cobain mimicking. This is a carbon copy of Kurt’s description of his unexplained illness

"Choose your idol wisely; read books do what they did"

FFS that doesn’t mean you literally have to mimic everything out of Heavier than Heaven, it's too much. This is just too embarrassing  :smh:    :toofunny:

Lizzy you have to get over your envy of Kurt Cobain, he was who he was but.... who are you  :mj2:

I haven't read Heavier Than Heaven, but I had the same thought when reading that part of the interview.

As @@evilentity suggested, the mention of Sirens by name is a significant thing (i.e. a confirmation that was her first intended album and that was actually her name for it). I wish she would start talking about some of the other leaks as well.

Although it should be noted that Lana didn't talk about it, the writer mentioned it. I get the sense a lot of things mentioned in the article came from the writer's own research (sometimes wrong, see Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant) rather than talking to Lana. Not that Lana wouldn't give the writer wrong information too ("the 27-year-old Lana Del Rey").

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Disgusting tbh

is someone in your family retarded? get over yourself 

mentally peeing on you tbh. hope that adds to the disgust

Edit: Member has received a warning for this post.

Edited by evilentity

ZRBNill.jpg

LDR retarded? Sorry but you're wrong. I'll give you three key words. 1. Trolling. Lana is well known for joking with the journalists, and she's often been taking them for a ride. Usually they don't get it.". Irony: " you want me to say this so I*ll  just say it but in a twisted way that will make you uncomfortable" 3. Stubborn if you  are a journalist or a record Company director you will not be able to tell me what to say or do.

I just can't with her, now 80% are talking about the (boring) feminist issue and just 20% about UV.

Lana never gave a shit about feminism, you all know it, so get over it. Not everybody has to be a feminist soldier, so chill with the insults towards her because I can drag any wannabe pubescent feminist with ease. The reactions towards what she said aren't overwhelmingly negative, on the contrary, many are defending her for being bullied on the subject (feminism and choking - come on!) and some defended her right to have a different opinion on feminism. She's not hypocritical, that's her main "flaw". As we know it that some times it's better to keep your mouth shut or to say something that you aren't believing in.

"My idea of a true feminist is a woman who feels free enough to do whatever she wants" Amen to that. Many feminist don't live like that 

Honestly, I can't get people who are surprised that she isn't a feminist, when has her music been about progressive gender roles lmao. It's kinda annoying for me how that since feminism became ~~~~trendy the past few months, now everybody is expected to know all about it? Not everybody spend their days reading social justice at Tumblr. The ideas of feminism have yet to be spread around in mainstream media and in the not so liberal parts of the world.

Also annoying how all these journalists ask starlets/actresses in young adult franchises *cough* Shailene Woodley *cough* what they know about feminism when the people who have to be asked are the same white male journalists. I guess it's very fun to see young females crash and burn and get controversy on a topic that they know nothing about, but you know, feminism is a ~~~girly thing.

tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io3_250.gif tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io4_250.gif

I find it pretty weird that this was a 90-minute interview, yet about half of the article is not even new info, in fact, there is hardly anything new in this. Did they just casually chat about Lana's spaghetti eating habits or what? (And if they did, why isn't that included :uh:)

She's right though; feminists are so annoying .

I sincerely can't @ people giving her shit for that. I don't care about feminism or gay rights, so what? You don't have to force that shit down people's throats like so many people do.

giphy.gif

I find it pretty weird that this was a 90-minute interview, yet about half of the article is not even new info, in fact, there is hardly anything new in this. Did they just casually chat about Lana's spaghetti eating habits or what? (And if they did, why isn't that included :uh:)

Had the same thought. Ok we found out some interesting things like her 7-year relationship or her illness. They claimed that this was Lana's longest interview (or they say that Lana herself told them so) but if you cut out all the journalist's researched information what actually isn't what he found out at the interview there wouldn't be that much left. I'm pretty sure she was asked more questions than there are in that Cover story but if so why didn't they include them? 

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I don't want to react to your faux logic throughout your adolescent superiority complex rant about what Lana said. You use to many emoticons to get you seriously. But this BS about her copying K. Cobain is just idiotic. Cobain was a drug addict, he was ill because he drugged himself to death. I don't know that well Lana to second guess her reasons for what she said or what she did. But to say that her story about her not feeling well is some copycat from Cobain's life is just idiotic. Lana is much more egocentric than that 

Honestly this fanbase can be so embarrassing. I know we take pride in Lana sorta science (except more like science fiction) background, but this assumption that she's simply "too deep and complicated for every journalist she's ever encountered so how could they possibly get her" is just silly. She's not a hardline feminist, cool. You do you, and frankly I'm not going to stop listening to her for it, despite feeling very passionately about it myself.

BUT THE TRUTH IS:

She did this headline to herself. There was a more evenhanded way to approach it and she knows it. She was trying to sound tragic and inward, and I guess she did, but she also sounded super ignorant too. Of course you, as a rich white popstar in 2014, are unmoved by feminism. But something tells me if she actually had to live Marilyn's life, she'd want some more of it. All it says to me is that she's looking at it from an extremely selfish point of view. "I don't feel like I need feminsm because I feel free" is all good and well when you are apart of one of the most free demographics in the world. She says "let's talk about science" but how many girls (especially non-white and non-western girls) are shut out and pushed away from being interested in science? There are lots of feminists talking about that. That's intersectionality, Lizzy.

And attempting to drag people for thinking she sounds dumb juts makes you sound x2 worse tbh. "I bet you didn't know about feminism before tumblr" isn't even a fucking insult. I've personally been a feminist for a long time, but god forbid people actually learn about something useful on the fucking internet.

tZ7WN4B.gif

Honestly this fanbase can be so embarrassing. I know we take pride in Lana sorta science (except more like science fiction) background, but this assumption that she's simply "too deep and complicated for every journalist she's ever encountered so how could they possibly get her" is just silly. She's not a hardline feminist, cool. You do you, and frankly I'm not going to stop listening to her for it, despite feeling very passionately about it myself.

BUT THE TRUTH IS:

She did this headline to herself. There was a more evenhanded way to approach it and she knows it. She was trying to sound tragic and inward, and I guess she did, but she also sounded super ignorant too. Of course you, as a rich white popstar in 2014, are unmoved by feminism. But something tells me if she actually had to live Marilyn's life, she'd want some more of it. All it says to me is that she's looking at it from an extremely selfish point of view. "I don't feel like I need feminsm because I feel free" is all good and well when you are apart of one of the most free demographics in the world. She says "let's talk about science" but how many girls (especially non-white and non-western girls) are shut out and pushed away from being interested in science? There are lots of feminists talking about that. That's intersectionality, Lizzy.

And attempting to drag people for thinking she sounds dumb juts makes you sound x2 worse tbh. "I bet you didn't know about feminism before tumblr" isn't even a fucking insult. I've personally been a feminist for a long time, but god forbid people actually learn about something useful on the fucking internet.

lmao yes finish them. But I mean I honestly wouldn't take any of these ppl seriously since they're all 14/15+ yr old white males so their ignorance and lack of interest really isn't surprising. 

We're all just crazy SJWs TBH!! Queen Lana can do no wrong <33

lmao yes finish them. But I mean I honestly wouldn't take any of these ppl seriously since they're all 14/15+ yr old white males so their ignorance and lack of interest really isn't surprising. 

We're all just crazy SJWs TBH!! Queen Lana can do no wrong <33

I was going to be like "Most of you are 16 at the oldest and male though so..." but any 16 year old male on a Lana del rey forum is going to need feminism in his life too so it's best they know  :teehee:

tZ7WN4B.gif

I honestly think Lana's biggest fault to her social/feminist critics is her extreme solipsism. She refuses to see/admit to seeing a world outside of her own extremely subjective experience, which goes against everything a so-called progressive is supposed to be about in 2014. She has turned her back on objectivity and pluralism. But my hunch is that this is entirely intentional, and might have something to do with rejecting her background in 'metaphysics' in favor of something more like a personal, self-engineered mythology, a intensely individualistic belief system she created post-college/pre-LDR. The point is, I am sure Lizzy Grant is aware of a world beyond her own, but as Lana Del Rey, she must never betray this, even when it creates headlines such as these. There's no way she's actually that myopic. It's defiance. It's also a way to maintain an alienated stance, which benefits her art.

I just said this in response to this (decent) Consequence of Sound piece, actually:

'She is master and commander of her own submissive exploration of femininity and psychology. Honestly, I can’t think of anything more liberated than that. She is comfortable enough in her own skin to explore masochism. There is true power in psychological surrender, and she gets that. She is operating on a totally different level, unconcerned with the cycle of world news and SJW think pieces.'

Also, hi everyone. First post here. Excited for Ultraviolence. :) 

"My idea of a true feminist is a woman who feels free enough to do whatever she wants" Amen to that. Many feminist don't live like that 

MAN, I wonder why. Freedom obviously comes only from within and the society you live in makes no difference in your amount of freedom. Silly feminists. 

god I need to stop looking at this thread

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

"Choose your idol wisely; read books do what they did"

Where did you get that quote? It sounds interesting. Sorry if those are just your thoughts and I misunderstood :)

i am nothing and should be everything