Rafael

Lana Del Rey Covers FADER Magazine

BUT THE TRUTH IS:

She did this headline to herself. There was a more evenhanded way to approach it and she knows it. She was trying to sound tragic and inward, and I guess she did, but she also sounded super ignorant too. Of course you, as a rich white popstar in 2014, are unmoved by feminism. But something tells me if she actually had to live Marilyn's life, she'd want some more of it. All it says to me is that she's looking at it from an extremely selfish point of view. "I don't feel like I need feminsm because I feel free" is all good and well when you are apart of one of the most free demographics in the world. She says "let's talk about science" but how many girls (especially non-white and non-western girls) are shut out and pushed away from being interested in science? There are lots of feminists talking about that. That's intersectionality, Lizzy.

And attempting to drag people for thinking she sounds dumb juts makes you sound x2 worse tbh. "I bet you didn't know about feminism before tumblr" isn't even a fucking insult. I've personally been a feminist for a long time, but god forbid people actually learn about something useful on the fucking internet.

Yeeeess, thank you.  :lanahairflip2:

LDR retarded? Sorry but you're wrong. I'll give you three key words. 1. Trolling. Lana is well known for joking with the journalists, and she's often been taking them for a ride. Usually they don't get it.". Irony: " you want me to say this so I*ll just say it but in a twisted way that will make you uncomfortable" 3. Stubborn if you are a journalist or a record Company director you will not be able to tell me what to say or do.

So you obviously think her comments about her being suicidal after all the critics comments is bullshit (so do I) cause she's just messing with them, even though this interview will be covered by media worldwide, and loads of men and women will find it just a dumb thing to say, you think she just did it to annoy/mess with the critics. Yeah she clearly cant feel suicidal if this is her tactic.

I don't want to react to your faux logic throughout your adolescent superiority complex rant about what Lana said. You use to many emoticons to get you seriously. But this BS about her copying K. Cobain is just idiotic. Cobain was a drug addict, he was ill because he drugged himself to death. I don't know that well Lana to second guess her reasons for what she said or what she did. But to say that her story about her not feeling well is some copycat from Cobain's life is just idiotic. Lana is much more egocentric than that

You'd have to know about them both to form an opinion on that and you clearly don't know about Cobain's illness, it wasn't caused by drug taking, so really not interested in discussing anything with you tbh especially since you think my logic is faux and I'm adolescent you really shouldn't make so many assumptions and I'm not the only person who thought it just the only person who is not bothered about saying it, You should really read up on her obsession with KC then you won't come across like an arrogant dick who doesn't know what he's talking about

"My idea of a true feminist is a woman who feels free enough to do whatever she wants" Amen to that. Many feminist don't live like that

Many feminist don't have the privilege to live like that, which is why feminism exists. Thank God for Feminism. Amen

MAN, I wonder why. Freedom obviously comes only from within and the society you live in makes no difference in your amount of freedom. Silly feminists.

god I need to stop looking at this thread

Seriously some of you are so fucking sheltered and green it's unreal, "society makes no difference to your freedom" yeah not if you're a wealthy middle class in the west lmfao at your grotesque naivety. Edited by merman
Merged the last four posts in this thread into this single post. No need for quadruple posts.

Lana manages to describe exactly what feminism is and say she has no interest in it, yeah that’s real intellectual Lana

“My idea of a true feminist :facepalm: is a woman who feels free enough to do whatever she wants.” :smokes2: :rollin: :rollin:

Lana that is feminism, it's about being equal and free to do what you want as a female but you find it an uninteresting concept, oh okay don’t worry about the centuries of women that did have enough interest in the concept of equality and freedom for you to be where you are today to say and do the idiotic things you do :facepalm: :facepalm: :flop: :toofloppy:

Oh the shame of the contradiction, oh the irony how embarrassing. It’s so bad it’s worse than Alanis Morissette’s ‘Ironic’ :lmao: :toofunny: :facepalm: :O :$ :usrs: :lmao: :toofloppy:

Now I’ll say something that makes me sound intelligent :facepalm:

“I’m more interested in, you know, SpaceX and Tesla, what’s going to happen with our intergalactic possibilities.” :facepalm: :ohno: :lmao: :toofunny: :flop:

But you already FAILED an intelligence question, this just makes you sound like an idiot :lmao:

“I’d been sick on tour for about two years with this medical anomaly that doctors couldn’t figure out,” she says, to my surprise. “That’s a big part of my life; I just feel really sick a lot of the time and can’t figure out why. It’s just heavy performing for people who really care about you, and you don’t really care that much about yourself sometimes. I thought it was sad. I thought my position was sad. I thought it was sad to be in Ireland singing for people who really cared when I wasn’t sure if I did.” :facepalm:

Okay just drop the Kurt Cobain mimicking. This is a carbon copy of Kurt’s description of his unexplained illness

"Choose your idol wisely; read books do what they did"

FFS that doesn’t mean you literally have to mimic everything out of Heavier than Heaven, it's too much. This is just too embarrassing :smh: :toofunny:

Lizzy you have to get over your envy of Kurt Cobain, he was who he was but.... who are you :mj2:

Was this post intentionally messy, or...? Well, at least you put a lot of work into it :toofunny:

You can appreciate/respect something without finding it interesting. Duh.....

lana is really ignorant. i love her but i never, ever expected her to say she's a feminist and on some levels i'm glad she doesn't. i'd rather her be honest that she's not invested in feminism than pretend her shtick is ~sew empowering~ like miley does. we shouldn't look to celebrities to be our feminist icons because they will ALWAYS have to compromise to be appealing to the masses. 

i just wish she wouldn't speak about social issues like these and say "no comment" instead. she's too much of a privileged individualist to understand the importance of feminism. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

Do people not realize that she was just saying that she's tired of people criticizing her for being anti-feminist and bringing up the topic in interviews when she is just telling personal stories using violence as a metaphor for an emotionally volatile relationship? This magazine is the same one that Lorde complained to about Lana's supposed anti-feminism. Lana wasn't proclaiming to be against feminism itself, but the fact that reporters constantly ask her about it. She's trying to say that constantly harping on the subject accomplishes nothing but instead, one should seek to expand their horizons to the best of their ability. That's why she said in actuality, feminism is a woman "feeling free enough to do whatever she wants."

People are just narrow-minded and starving for drama. 

Wow i guess i never knew she was the obsessed with Kurt.  Oh how awesome a duo that would of been.  I hope she doesnt want to follow the footsteps that Kurt wanted to follow.  She only has16 days left to live up to those foot steps.  It was widely rumored that Kurt made sure he died at 27 to join the elite group of depressed singers who cided at 27.  Please stay away from the dragon and hotel rooms Lana.

have yall listened to Kurts music.  You should really listen to his unplugged album you will notice some stirking similiarites in their music.

Wow i guess i never knew she was the obsessed with Kurt.  Oh how awesome a duo that would of been.  I hope she doesnt want to follow the footsteps that Kurt wanted to follow.  She only has16 days left to live up to those foot steps.  It was widely rumored that Kurt made sure he died at 27 to join the elite group of depressed singers who cided at 27.  Please stay away from the dragon and hotel rooms Lana.

have yall listened to Kurts music.  You should really listen to his unplugged album you will notice some stirking similiarites in their music.

Lana has been safe from the 27 club curse for a while tbh.

not so sure its a curse as it is an obession with the idea.

And how is she safe from that doesnt she turn 28 here very shortly?

Wow i guess i never knew she was the obsessed with Kurt. Oh how awesome a duo that would of been. I hope she doesnt want to follow the footsteps that Kurt wanted to follow. She only has16 days left to live up to those foot steps. It was widely rumored that Kurt made sure he died at 27 to join the elite group of depressed singers who cided at 27. Please stay away from the dragon and hotel rooms Lana.

have yall listened to Kurts music. You should really listen to his unplugged album you will notice some stirking similiarites in their music.

Oh my God where do you all come from!

Kurt Cobain is a feminist it was the most important thing to him, whilst Lana's been busy ripping off his whole persona and music she forgot as always the most important thing but she is really dim so not surprising.

Was this post intentionally messy, or...? Well, at least you put a lot of work into it :toofunny:

You can appreciate/respect something without finding it interesting. Duh.....

You kind of have to understand the concept of something to actually appreciate/respect it, which was my point DUH! :toofunny:

Oh my God where do you all come from!

Kurt Cobain is a feminist it was the most important thing to him, whilst Lana's been busy ripping off his whole persona and music she forgot as always the most important thing but she is really dim so not surprising.

You kind of have to understand the concept of something to actually appreciate/respect it, which was my point DUH! :toofunny:

:rip:

K

I dont understand how her using part of Kurts persona requires her to follow all of his ideas....

I idolized people growing up and it left an imprint on me in parts of my life.  This doesnt meant i have to make all of my ideas and who i am be exactly like them....

Seriously some of you are so fucking sheltered and green it's unreal, "society makes no difference to your freedom" yeah not if you're a wealthy middle class in the west lmfao at your grotesque naivety.

I understand that people are being ridiculous in this thread all while being serious, but that was sarcasm aka pointing out the same thing as you. Of course the society you're in & the way you're treated in it limits or expands your freedom. That's why it's so funny  sad how many people act like feminism is some boring abstract concept floating around, completely separated from their existence. 

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

Oh My God at how many people are treating this as if Lana said "Feminism is a bad Idea, I wanna ignore how it's helped my gender over the past century and talk about space!" Her words were clearly taken slightly out of context to create a drama. What she

probably meant was that she's fucking tired of people labelling her an antifeminist and thinks as a whole people today have a really misguided view of what feminism is (thanks partially to tumblr) and that, for the interview, she'd rather talk about the possibilities for investigating our universe in new ways. She doesn't think of feminism as "boring" but rather thinks people have been mislead by the whole "I am a strong woman, no man will control my life, and I will not take his name if I marry him, because I am a feminist" confusion everywhere. Lorde's great, but In my experience she's confusing just as many people about the ideas of seeking equal rights for woman as Lana. I have this gay friend who's a huge equal rights activist and he used to listen to Lana with me then one day, about a week after I'd just gotten him started listening to Lorde, he came up to me and said "I don't listen to Lana any more, cause she's antifeminist. Lorde talked about it in an interview, she always sings about love, and none of her songs are defiant, plus she posed naked on a magazine so she's a whore and she sold out to the industry" And keep in mind my friend is a guy. Now, I don't know about you, but I think if people today think that way, and actually call women whores for posing naked, that's a lot more damaging to women then them being slightly dependent on men in some aspects of their lifestyle. Plus, since when was singing a love song antifeminist? Lorde's confusing a lot of young girls and gays about what feminism truly is, Lana likes to have a man with her to protect her (and from this interview it's clear she needs protecting) what does it matter? If people label woman antifeminist for relying on men in some ways, then we are definitely taking steps backwards and not forwards. It's also disgusting how unfairly people talk about Lana in interviews. "Wait, so this woman expresses herself in the way she lives and this lifestyle does not fit perfectly with our ideals of how a woman should act? Let's bash this bitch!" So as I have just pointed out even if feminism is truly helping in places like Iran where they're all stuck in the 1920's, over here in America we still haven't figured it out and are punishing women if they don't fit a template of how they should act, isn't that sexism? Oh well, that's all. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense my mind is going a mile a minute at the moment. :awk:

I understand that people are being ridiculous in this thread all while being serious, but that was sarcasm aka pointing out the same thing as you. Of course the society you're in & the way you're treated in it limits or expands your freedom. That's why it's so funny sad how many people act like feminism is some boring abstract concept floating around, completely separated from their existence.

I really didn't pick up on your sarcasm, it was very subtle, sorry about that.

I dont understand how her using part of Kurts persona requires her to follow all of his ideas....

I idolized people growing up and it left an imprint on me in parts of my life. This doesnt meant i have to make all of my ideas and who i am be exactly like them....

It doesn't she's obviously just happy to rape his personal life but not his values. Lana's obsession with Kurt is purely about the worldwide admiration he received and his face. You didn't expect Lana to be any deeper than that did you. I was basically implying in reply to your comment that a duet wouldn't happen, due to KC deep beliefs in feminism which Lana clearly doesn't understand.

On feminism again: I get a sense, as others in this forum do, that she is always construing the basic question to be (really) about the (possibly) adverse effects of her songs (on young girls). She's in a double bind, she can't say she thinks her songs are harmful or anti-feminist, because I don't think she thinks that. She can't say that they are harmless either, because she cannot control people's use of them in their lives. She should say her songs don't prescribe a social perspective or message, and while it is a serious issue whether they can have adverse effect, whether they will is ultimately the responsibility of the local culture. She can say she is in favor of feminist ideals as it pertains to human rights (although she doesn't here), and she can also say that she lives in accordance with feminism ideals (which I think she does say, even though she is not a standard bearer for these).

On @@merman 's LDR's Kurt Cobain obsession: This is all kind of confusing to me on account of the following: She idolizes other artists as well (e.g., Buckley, Simone, Dylan, Cohen, and she hangs out with Axl and respects Guns n' Roses; Cobain hated Axl). Most importantly, Cobain's not tattooed on her body yet (that I know of). Also: "Lana's obsession with Kurt is purely about the worldwide admiration he received and his face." But hey, if it's just about who has the most admiration and the best face/body, isn't every pop star on the planet a Kurt Cobain wannabe? Or why does LDR simply saying she likes KC, and is influenced by him, imply such extreme obsession?

Lizzy you have to get over your envy of Kurt Cobain, he was who he was but.... who are you  :mj2:

ok so i haven't read every post in this thread or even the full interview for that matter because my time is being eaten up by school but this is so spot on. i'm starting to think she's 80% brain and 20% heart and that shit'll fuck you up 

~no fixed personality *:・゚✧ 

maybe she has BPD like marilyn apparently did or maybe these types of speculations are exactly what she intends to provoke who fucking knows with her crazy ass

ZRBNill.jpg

@@slang it's not confusing if you know enough about both of them. Her obsession with Kurt is based on envy not admiration.

what does she envy about him? i feel like maybe she's on the fringe of being a ~tortured genius and she just wishes she could go full throttle lmao 

ZRBNill.jpg