Sign in to follow this  
naachoboy

Official 2nd Single - Ultraviolence (Release August 18th)

I think Brooklyn Baby would be a great choice for a single. It's light and airy, it has the whole image/vibe that she is going for now (reasons why I don't see MPG being a single), it's one of the most radio friendly songs, and (imo) it's one of the strongest songs all around on Ultraviolence. 

It would get attention from people who understand the sardonic tone in addition to those who truly think it's a hipster anthem inadvertently. 

tumblr_n90y9oYmu41qzj1pro1_500.gif

I think Brooklyn Baby would be a great choice for a single. It's light and airy, it has the whole image/vibe that she is going for now (reasons why I don't see MPG being a single), it's one of the most radio friendly songs, and (imo) it's one of the strongest songs all around on Ultraviolence. 

It would get attention from people who understand the sardonic tone in addition to those who truly think it's a hipster anthem inadvertently. 

I think the Lou Reed name drop could help too :creep:

Guest Dot

Lana doesn't need radio-friendly singles. There's nothing off of the album that typical pop radio listeners would care to listen to unless someone remixes the shit out of them.

Generic pop music and EDM are on their way out tbh. Everyone's going alternative again. Lana could become on of the shape-shifting artists of this new "indie era", if her label would have more faith in her. (It's Gaga's and Katy's label though...they probably still think that bubblegum pop and generic EDM music is going to sell better than Alternative and "hipster" music) This is basically what happened 15-20 years ago when everyone was getting tired of 80's synth-pop and shit. Indie, Rock, Ambient, Trap and experimental RnB are where the gold lies in the next few years, mark my words.

Guest Dot

I actually came to love the idea of The Other Woman being a promo single for a perfume, for example. Imagine an EP with all of Lana's jazzy songs as promotion for Lana's first eau de perfume titled "The Other Woman". That name is fucking stunning, memorable and SO LANA!

I think it'll flop. West Coast didn't get much airplay, I've only heard it on the radio once, and it was a dance mix. And I consider WC to be waaay more radio-friendly than UV. I think it'll be too slow and the lyrics are a bit to controversial. 

Brooklyn Baby should be a single. Its fun, bright, and those who don't like Lana and think her music is depressing should like BBY. My sister likes BBY, but hates Lana.

I actually came to love the idea of The Other Woman being a promo single for a perfume, for example. Imagine an EP with all of Lana's jazzy songs as promotion for Lana's first eau de perfume titled "The Other Woman". That name is fucking stunning, memorable and SO LANA!

Yess I know others would find it cheesy but I want her to have a perfume. The commercial would be iconic <3

i think we need to face the fact that there aren't any radio hits on this album really and its not like lana promotes singles anyway

Do any of Lana's songs do well at all? Like I've always seen her more of an album seller anyway and she does promotes what ever she wants. 

I'd love to see videos for Old Money and Brooklyn Baby, and I think they're too of the most radio friendly songs as well.

qsVmBMd.png

Brooklyn Baby is a great song, but it would be disastrous for her if she really is bothered by all that "she's so fake" stuff people say. Hardly anyone would take it sarcastically and she would be torn apart. Cruel World is a 7 minute classic rock song, and the demographic of the radio stations that would even play it are not interested in her in any other capacity, except maybe as a groupie biker chick in their fantasies. Half of Old Money's royalties belong to someone else, and it's too slow and boring so that would be a waste. If they could fix FMWUTTT somehow it could work, but they probably can't.

Money Power Glory is the best chance they have at a radio hit if they remix it. "Dope and diamonds that's all I want" is really singable, but I'd save it for november/december if I were Interscope.

tZ7WN4B.gif

Brooklyn Baby is a great song, but it would be disastrous for her if she really is bothered by all that "she's so fake" stuff people say. Hardly anyone would take it sarcastically and she would be torn apart. Cruel World is a 7 minute classic rock song, and the demographic of the radio stations that would even play it are not interested in her in any other capacity, except maybe as a groupie biker chick in their fantasies. Half of Old Money's royalties belong to someone else, and it's too slow and boring so that would be a waste. If they could fix FMWUTTT somehow it could work, but they probably can't.

Money Power Glory is the best chance they have at a radio hit if they remix it. "Dope and diamonds that's all I want" is really singable, but I'd save it for november/december if I were Interscope.

In the audio commentary she says it's about her reminiscing her old times in Brooklyn living with her boyfriend. Maybe it's not sarcastic? 

Brooklyn Baby is a great song, but it would be disastrous for her if she really is bothered by all that "she's so fake" stuff people say.

But releasing a song with the lines "he hit me and it felt like a kiss/true love" won't be detrimental?