Sign in to follow this  
naachoboy

Official 2nd Single - Ultraviolence (Release August 18th)

OLD MONEY WHERE ARE YOU  :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

*meltdown mode off*

Well, I am happy with this too.

Since Lana only wants to do an UV tour next year maybe she will actually promote this in August. She could go to SNL, Ellen, Letterman, Allan Carr, etc...please Lana make it happen.

Who am I kidding.

Please Ben force Lana to do promo, make it happen :pray2:

I'm just wondering why the long break between the singles? It'll be like 4 months between them, isn't that unusual?

I know her whole PR management is a mess but still..

She's very lucky to not really need much promo at this point.

I think it's an abordable song for radio. Don't think it Will do much though.. Brooklyn Baby I feel has this immediate likeable quality, it's summery and I think it would be a wise choice. Same with Old Money, since it sounds like a Traditional ballad but with Lana's touch..

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Brooklyn Baby is too long for radio stations I guess and Old Money is too calm.

UV is a nice choice and a good song, but i guess it might "do" as much as the "Born To Die" single, just without being as iconic ...

But let's remember UV was @ °1 of the Itunes charts when the song was released, wasn't it?

Would have prefered Money Power Glory, its just such a radio friendly but still very good song.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Guest Dot

Brooklyn Baby is too long for radio stations

That's what radio edits are for. For example, Madonna released Frozen which is about 6 minutes long in 1998. The radio edit is 4-5 minutes long and the song became a hit, nevertheless. Justin Timberlakes song, "Mirrors" is also 6 minutes long and the radio edit is 3-4 minutes long. Again, the song was a radio smash.

I wouldn't mind a radio edit for BrB. It's for the GP and promo after all. I'm not sure if Old Money would work as a single, though. I mean it's kind of like Video Games but I'm not sure if radio stations are willing to play it, because it's not as "sing-along" as Video Games.

That's what radio edits are for. For example, Madonna released Frozen which is about 6 minutes long in 1998. The radio edit is 4-5 minutes long and the song became a hit, nevertheless. Justin Timberlakes song, "Mirrors" is also 6 minutes long and the radio edit is 3-4 minutes long. Again, the song was a radio smash.

Depends in how it's done ... I mean, they could cut some instrumental parts and maybe the "my boyfriend's really cool .." part would be cut out, so the song would end after the last chorus.

The period is summer/end of summer, the only right choice for the mood is a shorter version of Brooklyn Baby.

I really don't understand why they choose singles completely random...

Interscope's wheel of singles for LDR in 2014

felfz4ab.png

I wanted Brooklyn Baby/Money Power Glory/Old Money/Black Beauty/Florida Kilos but this will do I s'pose. Doubt it will do too well though but I don't care about that.

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'