Sign in to follow this  
naachoboy

Official 2nd Single - Ultraviolence (Release August 18th)

So erm, nothing then?

What were you guys expecting? It's like this with all singles (after and album drops). They choose a date to officially release it so it can get airplay, video, etc... sometimes songs are not sent to radio stations (like UV) or the video is released before/after the single release but that doesn't mean something has to happen once they're released

Well, during BTD we had gotten an amazing video for every single and everybody was freakin excited about it. After the let down that was the WC video, the fact that none of the songs on UV will be a potential hit and the general lack of interest on all sides (Lana, her team and her label), nobody expected anything. And who by the way would have hoped for something "exciting" after she made the video with a freakin' iPhone?  :creep:

The whole time I am just wondering what happend. This era seems so incredibly low-budget and low-key as if nobody at Interscope really expects this to be making enough money. And it's not even THAT bad. The album will hit the 1 million mark three months after release worldwide, which is okay.

Well, during BTD we had gotten an amazing video for every single and everybody was freakin excited about it. After the let down that was the WC video, the fact that none of the songs on UV will be a potential hit and the general lack of interest on all sides (Lana, her team and her label), nobody expected anything. And who by the way would have hoped for something "exciting" after she made the video with a freakin' iPhone?  :creep:

The whole time I am just wondering what happend. This era seems so incredibly low-budget and low-key as if nobody at Interscope really expects this to be making enough money. And it's not even THAT bad. The album will hit the 1 million mark three months after release worldwide, which is okay.

This tbh.

I mean I understand that Lana doesn't care, but how come Interscope goes along with her.

If they can force Gaga (who is a much bigger star) to do what they want, or she has to compromise, then how come Lana always gets her way, it's so weird. Why are they not pushing her to promote her songs and force her songs on radio, like they do with other stars?

It's a mystery to me

This tbh.

I mean I understand that Lana doesn't care, but how come Interscope goes along with her.

If they can force Gaga (who is a much bigger star) to do what they want, or she has to compromise, then how come Lana always gets her way, it's so weird. Why are they not pushing her to promote her songs and force her songs on radio, like they do with other stars?

It's a mystery to me

Two different things. Gaga has a 360 deal, Lana hasn't, which is actually good for Lana. Everything Gaga does is bringing them money. Even money from her perfumes, merchandise, touring, everything. So of course they push Gaga more.

And Gags is pop, Lana is somewhere in between.

But why isn't Lana caring about her album/singles wtv? Ultraviolence is supposed to be her artwork, her vision, her baby...

Se seems so sad now idk  

Fangirling over Lorde since 1996

and on a sidenote: in all her interviews she is just complaining how terribly mistreated she was although the public disagreed and bought her album and singles in millions.

Thousands of artists who are trying to make it in the business would cut their right arm off just to be in the position she is in and she just complains about the media, promoting and basically everything.

It's really grating now. Somebody should remind her that it is completly uninteresting what some magazines and newspapers write as long millions of people buy your music.

I still really think (hope) that because her album was released while doing a tour for the last album she will go full out when the actual UV tour starts. For example if she starts touring europe and later america at the beginning of 2015 she will hype up the era again. Release some videos, do some actual promoting etc.

I love how the focus is on the music for this album, but it would be nice to have a few televised interviews/performances. I hope we will be getting more music videos as well, considering how important visuals are to her as an artist. The BTD videos were pretty spread out, so I'm sure we will. It helps with longevity.

I'm not favoring commercial success and big budget production, i'm favoring effort.

I just don't understand how something she claims as more representative of her, and more in tune with her interests is garnering little to no attention. I understand she's not going to promo the hell out of her album because that isn't her style, but even her label has little to no interest it seems at least to me. 

I do agree she received artistic merit from this album though, but that's about it. Then again, if that was her only goal (which I suspect/reason for such a drastic change) I suppose it's a success. Knowing how sensitive she is to how other people feel and her need for acceptance in an artistic community I think UV was geared at cementing her as an artist and not an industry puppet. 

tumblr_n90y9oYmu41qzj1pro1_500.gif

What were you guys expecting? It's like this with all singles (after and album drops). They choose a date to officially release it so it can get airplay, video, etc... sometimes songs are not sent to radio stations (like UV) or the video is released before/after the single release but that doesn't mean something has to happen once they're released

I was specifically hoping that this meant that we'd get some kind of physical single, like a CD or picture vinyl (or both!). Would August 18th had been the time for that, or is there still a possibility that they could release some in the future? I've never really known about the process of releasing singles until the UV era so I don't really know how some of these things work.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I was specifically hoping that this meant that we'd get some kind of physical single, like a CD or picture vinyl (or both!). Would August 18th had been the time for that, or is there still a possibility that they could release some in the future? I've never really known about the process of releasing singles until the UV era so I don't really know how some of these things work.

It got a promo single for radio. West Coast didnt have a vinyl or a proper cd single so I wouldn't expect one for this single :(

This was kind of a weird song to release as a single too?
I mean with songs like MPG, Brooklyn Baby and even Sad Girl (Although I don't like that track, I don't think it'd be the worst single choice) on the album, you think they'd go with something like that.

Or hell, they could've waited a while more to release the 2nd single so that Lana could come up with a good video idea