Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

27 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

…wokeness? :awkney2:

not the conservatives/republican troye stans taking over 

I am neither a conservative, republican OR a Troye stan. The only labels I will ever use are 1. Lipster and 2. Homosexual. And I will live to see wokeness, the real pandemic, be sent back to Hell!

40 minutes ago, honey dew said:

I am neither a conservative, republican OR a Troye stan. The only labels I will ever use are 1. Lipster and 2. Homosexual. And I will live to see wokeness, the real pandemic, be sent back to Hell!

i’m so glad my county knows “WoKeNeSs” is such a non issue and term used by bigot people . y’all be pissed you can’t say racist slurs and that there’s more people in this world apart from white cisgender skinny fit straight men, it’s funny tbh and shocking how the people in this thread seem to fit these exact criteria.

its also ironic because charli is surrounded by “woke” people and has shared so much “woke ideology”. troye as well. faux woke and the pushing of unrealistic amount of diversity and representation is something they’ve both spoken out about and is valid 

5 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

Idk I think Charli made a decent point. I really do think that a lot of online stans (which is actually not representative of a general, real opinion) do seem to critique art against the binary she described and I do think it leads to repetitive, "boring" discourse from pop music stans who simply don't like a song/artist and are being disingenuous when using certain social/political/moral concerns to justify their dislike of it. I think where she (and a lot of artists) are wrong are that social media (specifically Twitter) aren't actually indicative of the general public's actual feelings and are seeing to an actually microscopic % of their actual fans/consumers. I dont see this as some kind of grand statement against "wokeness" (whatever that means now) like some people are saying, but maybe that's just how I read it.

4 minutes ago, KillForLove said:

Idk I think Charli made a decent point. I really do think that a lot of online stans (which is actually not representative of a general, real opinion) do seem to critique art against the binary she described and I do think it leads to repetitive, "boring" discourse from pop music stans who simply don't like a song/artist and are being disingenuous when using certain social/political/moral concerns to justify their dislike of it. I think where she (and a lot of artists) are wrong are that social media (specifically Twitter) aren't actually indicative of the general public's actual feelings and are seeing to an actually microscopic % of their actual fans/consumers. I dont see this as some kind of grand statement against "wokeness" (whatever that means now) like some people are saying, but maybe that's just how I read it.

While I agree with the premise, I think the reason people so quickly jump on these binary arguments is because music has become so boring that there’s nothing else to discuss.

im gonna close this thread because the woke discussion feels like going back 10 years in time and is affecting me emotionally and not feeling like a safe space 

i don’t wanna go all emotional on every post so i hope y’all enjoy rush and have a good time, much love nothing personal bye :kiss3:

Just now, LanaBalkana said:

While I agree with the premise, I think the reason people so quickly jump on these binary arguments is because music has become so boring that there’s nothing else to discuss.

I get that! But, as a fan on the admittedly older end of engaging online (in my late 20s) this does seem to kind of be a "chicken before the egg" issue. I do think there was an overcorrection in the late 2010s as a response to the historical marginalization across all fields (commerce, art, etc) that saw a lot of really bad, hollow representation in a lot of (frankly) bad, hollow art. I guess im at least sympathetic to the modern artist who is trying to balance respecting these past marginalization and right the wrongs, while still making art that is true to their vision and personal experience. I can definitely see how that can feel like a Catch22 no matter what you do. 

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

Can we just end this discussion and all come to a mutual agreement that, Troye is mid, Rush is mid, and the video is mid!

Why is it every time someone makes an interesting point or left-of-center argument I see people comment "let's end it here." Where does that get us in the end. 

To get back on topic topic, Rush is great. And the video is great. It wouldn't be better with an overweight person. 

Charli sounds so stupid let’s be real. No one is MAD at Troye, and to compare Troye to Sam is stupid because Troye is receiving criticism, whereas Sam is receiving hate.

Troye’s video is claiming to show “queer joy” through these visuals and erotic images, but it’s only showcasing 1-2 body types (skinny and muscular), suggesting that these are the only queer, erotic, bodies out there. 

If she’s saying that you can’t create art for everyone, and we shouldn’t try to, then does mean we should only try and create art for e.g white straight men who speak English?

She sounds out of touch right now…

8 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

To get back on topic topic, Rush is great. And the video is great. It wouldn't be better with an overweight person. 

Not to be a d*ck, but even if this was true, why do you feel the need to keep saying it over and over? I don't want to be put you on the spot (be confrontational) because its just a music forum, and I understand the point you are making, but like how hard is it to just be like slightly sensitive? It feels unnecessarily inflammatory and (frankly) reactionary, like you want someone to argue with you about it?

I thought this was a safe space for us homosexuals, why is there like hate in all these threads. Daddy help :crying5:

11 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Why is it every time someone makes an interesting point or left-of-center argument I see people comment "let's end it here." Where does that get us in the end. 

I just wanted an excuse to say Troye sucks

9 minutes ago, KillForLove said:

Not to be a d*ck, but even if this was true, why do you feel the need to keep saying it over and over? I don't want to be put you on the spot (be confrontational) because its just a music forum, and I understand the point you are making, but like how hard is it to just be like slightly sensitive? It feels unnecessarily inflammatory and (frankly) reactionary, like you want someone to argue with you about it?

How is it sensitive to say the video is fine without fat acceptance? I thought you just posted about how being woke is whack. 

24 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

im gonna close this thread because the woke discussion feels like going back 10 years in time and is affecting me emotionally and not feeling like a safe space 

i don’t wanna go all emotional on every post so i hope y’all enjoy rush and have a good time, much love nothing personal bye :kiss3:

What I say is not personal either it's a frustration with culture, and I just want to say this as someone who was an ideologue not even 4 years ago that your whole world will change when u realise that safe spaces do not exist and that's the problem w "wokeness" is that it turns you into just a different variety of bigot, a black and white thinker, and you're made to feel like you only have allies and mortal enemies... politicians want you to feel like this because they get more votes if the middle ground is eroded and populations are divided into warring sides 🤷‍♂️ 

5 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

it’s a scientific fact that we are naturally more attracted to people that show outwards signs of good health. it’s a fact. that doesn’t mean social effects can’t influence this in certain parts of the world (like your example)

it's not really a "scientific fact." all evolutionary psychology is basically speculation and is regularly contested

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

2 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

How is it sensitive to say the video is fine without fat acceptance? I thought you just posted about how being woke is whack. 

You keep using the term "woke" like there's any kind of real definition to that term. Even the people who histrionically whine about it can't actually define it. So I ask that you don't put words in my mouth.

I was saying that I interpreted Charli's tweet as a commentary that a small sect of people disingenuously bring up social issues to justify their simple displeasure. Again, you know saying "It wouldn't be better with an overweight person" is inflammatory and agitating, inviting (overweight) people to challenge you. If thats truly what you believe, that's your opinion that you are entitled to, but people are always going to react negatively to you. I guess im saying there's more nuanced, articulate ways of wording that which wont cause so much backlash.