Sign in to follow this  
LanaDeIRey

Lana Del Rey a.k.a. Lizzy Grant (Album Edit)

Ok, so I realized that many of the AKA songs started with the ending of the previous songs and it was really bugging me. So, with the resources I had, I edited all the songs so you don't hear the previous song. I also made the songs the same length as the original iTunes version and added "℗ 2009 5 Points Records".

You can download it here: http://lana-aka-lizzy-grant.tumblr.com/post/92822875256/lana-del-rey-a-k-a-lizzy-grant-album-edit

Thank me later  :kiss:

(if this has already been done, I'm an idiot)

I think you just had a bad rip of the album.

no it was meant to be a gapless album, it doesnt flow very well tho, well in comparison to Madonnas Confessions album anyway

i agree. my version is perfect--none of what the OP is talking about, good sound quality, etc.

Like @@Heaux already pointed out, it's supposed to be gapless but it doesn't flow that well because most of the songs got extra seconds of silence ~ I guess @@lanadelrey fixed that. It's almost unnoticeable if you don't pay attention. The most obvious one is For K Part 2 ending at the beginning of Jump.

Like @@Heaux already pointed out, it's supposed to be gapless but it doesn't flow that well because most of the songs got extra seconds of silence ~ I guess @@lanadelrey fixed that. It's almost unnoticeable if you don't pay attention. The most obvious one is For K Part 2 ending at the beginning of Jump.

None of them should be noticeable except from Jump since I used demos and instrumentals. And is the original album actually gapless? I thought the person who bought the album on iTunes before it was taken down just leaked the songs like that. You cannot hear the end of For K P2 on the MV for Jump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5udzh42wlmc

None of them should be noticeable except from Jump since I used demos and instrumentals. And is the original album actually gapless? I thought the person who bought the album on iTunes before it was taken down just leaked the songs like that. You cannot hear the end of For K P2 on the MV for Jump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5udzh42wlmc

I was talking about the album! Not your edit :P

I don't know what's the source for AKA, at least the one I have it's not from iTunes. I think it came from 5 Points Records website, but I didn't download it directly from there so I'm not really sure. @@evilentity may can explain how we got it.

And yeah I noticed that instrumentals and early mixes are not like that so my guess is that it's something they did on the final mastering. But I don't really know. :toofunny:

this is beyond pedantic, but whatever you want to listen to I guess. Idk why the concept of flowing from song to song is so hard to grasp, it's not a fault.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I thought we all loved that it was gapless!

It's really great gapless but a little annoying that the songs don't end properly. It's most noticeable in For K Part 2 and Mermaid Motel, which miss the last few seconds. Idk it just bugs me.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't know what's the source for AKA, at least the one I have it's not from iTunes. I think it came from 5 Points Records website, but I didn't download it directly from there so I'm not really sure. @@evilentity may can explain how we got it.

I've kept two versions of AKA, a very gapless 256kbps version that came directly from LDR.FM mods as a file named "Lana Del Ray a.ka. Lizzy Grant - 256Kbps Digital Retail Version.zip". I'm not sure where they got it from. The other version I have is a less gapless 192kbps version I downloaded directly from the 5 Points Records website as a file named "Lana_Del_Ray.zip" which excludes "Yayo" for some reason despite track number metadata following the pattern "X/13".

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I have the 192 version, and it's hard to use tracks 05 (FKP2), 06 (Jump), and 07 (Mermaid Motel) as standalone tracks. I was getting ready to do a fadeout edit for FKP2 (i.e. taking forever to get around to it), but you've saved me the trouble, @@lanadelrey, so thanks!

My Mermaid Motel is totally fine :O what happens in yours?

I got a (probably upscaled) 320kbps when I googled a link for the album in like February 2012. :toofunny:

My Mermaid Motel is totally fine :O what happens in yours?

I got a (probably upscaled) 320kbps when I googled a link for the album in like February 2012. :toofunny:

The ending sounds like it's missing some beats; I don't remember exactly because I've been cutting out at 3:30.1 for at least a year now.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

hmmm thats a good thread... i used to have one no gapless version, actualy my version maybe is the less gapless, but its in 320kbps

so

XD

I've kept two versions of AKA, a very gapless 256kbps version that came directly from LDR.FM mods as a file named "Lana Del Ray a.ka. Lizzy Grant - 256Kbps Digital Retail Version.zip". I'm not sure where they got it from. The other version I have is a less gapless 192kbps version I downloaded directly from the 5 Points Records website as a file named "Lana_Del_Ray.zip" which excludes "Yayo" for some reason despite track number metadata following the pattern "X/13".

i'm going to search this in soulseek...
at last its good to put some points about aka

and thank you Lana

I have the 192 version, and it's hard to use tracks 05 (FKP2), 06 (Jump), and 07 (Mermaid Motel) as standalone tracks. I was getting ready to do a fadeout edit for FKP2 (i.e. taking forever to get around to it), but you've saved me the trouble, @@lanadelrey, so thanks!

my Raise starts with a MM beat

also, i miss the 'Nevada' discussion

uP3mBh9.png

My version of Lana Del Ray is perfect. Perfect as perfect goes.

Mine too, guess it's the 256kbps versión evil pointed out

mmmm i've found this one now uff

also i've found an flac version, dunno if its one official... someone have to check this too