Lily

How Do You Relate To Lana ...

Ways I relate to her:

Her undercurrents of depression, need to have alone time yet doesn't like to be alone,

Oh i can totally relate to that! I often have when i'm alone at home i feel lonely, but when i'm with a friend i would like to be on my own :$

Also the independence now and at a younger age. The feeling of feeling empty, alone and that the world doesn't seem to care sometimes. With those days i love the line ' the road is long, we carry on, try to have fun in the meantime'. Hoping it will all be better :)

But drug use and a lot of alcohol i'm not related with. Also the thing of loving older men. Maybe that's because i'm only 22 year old. And i can't sing like her, actually i can't sing at all. xd 

We live vicariously through exciting song lyrics.  :hooker: I think there's truth in some of her songs, but there's no way her songs are "100% biographical."

We want to find a community of creative people we identify with, but can't.

We wax nostalgic about an idealized version of the past.

I fell in love with her because she seems to have a similar outlook on life with me. She expresses things that were always in me, but I've been afraid of expressing them.

I'm not into 'daddies' or drugs, though...

i am nothing and should be everything

Born To Die describes perfectly my life and how I view it.</p>

When I started to date my boyfriend I somehow related to Last Girl On Earth. I felt like people wouldn't allow me to do what I want and love one person. Boys got pretty agressive with me even though they used to be sweet with me.</p>

I love the book Lolita and I was shocked when I first listened to the album BTD. I felt like someone infiltrated into my head and wrote songs with it.

The list goes on.

SCARFACE2371.png

You know, I can't directly relate to a lot of what Lana sings about, but I get really emotional listening to a lot of her music

Like she conveys her emotions so well that I feel them too

feels

but also i would like a man to dominate me i can relate to that fuck yeah

tumblr_mnotclIc9L1s7mwiio4_500.gif

She's an introvert, paradise, dark themes, spooks people, preferes Pepsi, The Doors, likes even Metallica, metal, was in a cult, has green eyes, brown hair, had tough life, philosophical, sports type, isn't liked for her (rich) father, loving person, but as she would kill someone. And I am sure there is more, just can't remember everything now. And those are only stuff that relate to me, 'knowing' her for just 3 years, still it's her music that speaks to me primarly, and overwhelms me.

This is good thread, having interest in someone has 3 podiums, as I see it, about Lana it's her music that found way to my mind, relating is about soul, and to heart is all that what makes me love her.

Maybe there should be a thread, 'how don't you relate to her', too. For me, it's that she didn't watch TV, as growing up...but perhaps that could be reason to love her more, it's so opposite from me.

A lot of the things that come out of Lana's mouth are my exact thoughts, about 90% of what is on http://lanaquote.tumblr.com/

I also relate to falling for the totally wrong people, having problems with alcohol, being a terrible performer and having stage fright, loving literature and wanting to "paint pictures with words."  However she clearly writes lyrics based around the physical world while I write in metaphors.  I am pretty attracted to this difference though  ;)

A lot of the things that come out of Lana's mouth are my exact thoughts, about 90% of what is on http://lanaquote.tumblr.com/

I also relate to falling for the totally wrong people, having problems with alcohol, being a terrible performer and having stage fright, loving literature and wanting to "paint pictures with words."  However she clearly writes lyrics based around the physical world while I write in metaphors.  I am pretty attracted to this difference though  ;)

You know the source of those phrases is highly questionable, right? Lana might have said only 5% of them :toofunny:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

i relate to her in my drugcarrier (despite that I'm just 15 but fck that) and this neverending sadness she always shows and yeah. unrequired love, death, and just everything she sings about. BUT the only thing I don't relate to her is that I'm not rich. but I'm not poor as well. 

As a woman, I never realized how much I needed to feel protected by a man before I started listening Lana's poetry.

I have an addiction to men, yes. My own form of addiction. I saw a documentary and one of the interviewed woman said she was addicted to men. It took me 6 months to finally watch the whole recorded documentary as I didn't wanted to face the truth. I like to pride myself on being a strong independent woman, but I often crave for men attention, using my charm to get what I want. It's a worthless illusion of power.

I'm so curious to know what's going on in her mind right now... she's gonna turn 30 in a few months and it's usually very stressful for a woman. You sum up your life and most of the time you realize that nothing worked as to the initial plan. It can be scary, because you feel the meter is running. She likes to picture herself has a Lolita, well darling those days are long gone...

I'm good at being what other people want me to be. I'm in transition to find the real me. It's long, complicated, frighting, draining, confusing, demoralizing. I'm mourning the person I dreamed to be since I'm little and I'm left with a carcass I should learn to love.

FML

As a woman, I never realized how much I needed to feel protected by a man before I started listening Lana's poetry.

I have an addiction to men, yes. My own form of addiction. I saw a documentary and one of the interviewed woman said she was addicted to men. It took me 6 months to finally watch the whole recorded documentary as I didn't wanted to face the truth. I like to pride myself on being a strong independent woman, but I often crave for men attention, using my charm to get what I want. It's a worthless illusion of power.

I'm so curious to know what's going on in her mind right now... she's gonna turn 30 in a few months and it's usually very stressful for a woman. You sum up your life and most of the time you realize that nothing worked as to the initial plan. It can be scary, because you feel the meter is running. She likes to picture herself has a Lolita, well darling those days are long gone...

I'm good at being what other people want me to be. I'm in transition to find the real me. It's long, complicated, frighting, draining, confusing, demoralizing. I'm mourning the person I dreamed to be since I'm little and I'm left with a carcass I should learn to love.

FML

Off topic

but if you ever feel like writing a blog post about age and womanhood I'd be so here for it. I'm pushing 24 but just started in a class full of people 3-4 years younger than me, and it has made me feel surprisingly self conscious about my age. I've started wondering if anything I ever did meant anything at all. Daydreaming about stuff makes me anxious because I feel time slipping away so fast. I'm scared of wasting my youth, and I feel like this fear is partly tied to being a woman as I know I have opportunities now while I'm, if not beautiful, then at least young and wrinkle-free.

So much Weltschmertz, thank God for Lana!.

How are you a Lana fan then? :hdu:

She let us know with daddying, she's daddy's girl, not that she needs elderly gents, I reason. I find that attractive in a woman, since am more of mommy's. That Lolita appeal, I doubt it's to make fans as so. Millions of her fans, aren't daddy seekers, but music public.