Gecko

Pink Floyd

There is not a thread for Pink Floyd ???? Are we crazy ?! :facepalm:

I'll do then! :grr:

800px-Pink_Floyd_Logo.png

pink-floyd.jpg

:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:

However, their, towards the end of the year, will release a new album, dedicated to their friend Richard Wright (as well as their keyboard player) who died in 2008. :crai:   :rip:  I think it will come out crap, but we must not forget that they are still the Pink Floyd (although it lacks Roger Waters  :crai:  that does not seem to want to cooperate)

Pearl....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH-7Tqv6XFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYiahoYfPGk

Yay, so glad to see this is a thread!

We are only like a week or two from the new album! So excited! I think its going to be awesome based on the snippets tbh. I adore David Gilmour on guitar.

Please if you haven't heard them go listen to "Time" as well as these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NavVfpp-1L4

I'd confidently say they are one of the best bands to have ever existed, and Time is the literally best song ever wrote imo. "Wish You Were Here" is my favorite album period, even tops Lanas.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Yay, so glad to see this is a thread!

We are only like a week or two from the new album! So excited! I think its going to be awesome based on the snippets tbh. I adore David Gilmour on guitar.

Please if you haven't heard them go listen to "Time" as well as these:

I'd confidently say they are one of the best bands to have ever existed, and Time is the literally best song ever wrote imo. "Wish You Were Here" is my favorite album period, even tops Lanas.

I agree, one of the best bands ever! Although, I do not know why, now beginning to realize that I prefer Lana...  :godlaugh:  I said a blasphemy, but Lana has something that strikes me most ... maybe because she's current and therefore feel her  more present, near me, perhaps because her songs aren't from 20-30 minutes, which although an orgasm to feel ("Shine On You Crazy Diamond", "Echoes", "Atom Heart Mother" etc ... <3333: Q ____), they last a lot XD 

However, the new album will be released soon ... hopefully good ... although I think, like a premonition, that will come out of a mediocre disc almost

:poordat:

My favorite is SOCD....then Time and Echoes however :hooker:

I agree, one of the best bands ever! Although, I do not know why, now beginning to realize that I prefer Lana...  :godlaugh:  I said a blasphemy, but Lana has something that strikes me most ... maybe because she's current and therefore feel her  more present, near me, perhaps because her songs aren't from 20-30 minutes, which although an orgasm to feel ("Shine On You Crazy Diamond", "Echoes", "Atom Heart Mother" etc ... <3333: Q ____), they last a lot XD 

However, the new album will be released soon ... hopefully good ... although I think, like a premonition, that will come out of a mediocre disc almost :poordat:

My favorite is SOCD....then Time and Echoes however :hooker:

Yeah its weird, I listen to Lana a whole lot more, so maybe it isn't fair to say I like them more. But I connect more with their lyrics and they just have this presence that is ethereal. I also like quality guitar solos and I don't mind lots of instrumentals which they frequently have. And the way their albums flow is amazing, especially DSOTM/WYWH with the transitions.

I tend to like listening to PF an album at a time, so yeah its a time and emotional commitment to listen to them haha. Shine On You Crazy Diamonds is actually my favorite song by them too! The guitar part right before he starts singing the second time is my favorite piece of music period. Its so chaotic but beautiful. I'm also very fond of Brain Damage/Eclipse from DSOTM, so well written. Animals is pretty awesome too, and the storyline of the Wall is just phenomenal and so well done. 

I actually have high hopes for the new album! Its supposedly almost exclusively instrumental though, with just one song at the end. I don't know how that will turn out and I'm a little worried since Roger Waters isn't a part of it, but David Gilmour does well so I don't think it'll be a huge disappointment. :) The cover for it looks pretty awesome (though maybe a little to similar to Life of Pi imagery)

The only bad part about being a hardcore PF fan is that I have unrealistically high standards for other musicians haha. 

I've been a big Floyd fan on and off for a long time, but think that the best PF performance I've ever seen isn't even exactly Pink Floyd - it's from David Gilmour's Live at Gdansk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkaq0_qOx0E

Hell, not just one of Floyd's/Gilmour's best moments, but one of music's best 25 minutes.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

The only bad part about being a hardcore PF fan is that I have unrealistically high standards for other musicians haha. 

Ahahaha it's true, true ahah all the other musicians seem so incapable haha actually are the PF to be legends  :thumb:

Yeah its weird, I listen to Lana a whole lot more, so maybe it isn't fair to say I like them more. But I connect more with their lyrics and they just have this presence that is ethereal. I also like quality guitar solos and I don't mind lots of instrumentals which they frequently have. And the way their albums flow is amazing, especially DSOTM/WYWH with the transitions.

I also considered them "divine", the best ever (even now I consider them legends, but do not make me so much more crazy) ... then I've been haunted by Lana, and I'm in his community of fans. :godlaugh: (← my favorite smiley, after that by perverted  :hawt:  XD 

I tend to like listening to PF an album at a time, so yeah its a time and emotional commitment to listen to them haha. Shine On You Crazy Diamonds is actually my favorite song by them too! The guitar part right before he starts singing the second time is my favorite piece of music period. Its so chaotic but beautiful. I'm also very fond of Brain Damage/Eclipse from DSOTM, so well written. Animals is pretty awesome too, and the storyline of the Wall is just phenomenal and so well done. 

And you are right! Each album has its own story, its own context ... you can not mix up too much, although Pink Floyd divide into 3 eras (with Syd-60s, without Syd and Gilmour-70s, without Waters-the end of the PF 90s). However, as any fan of PF crazy for Dark Side Of The Moon. (Speak to Me, Brain Damage, Time, acyl, Money, Us & Them ...: Q ___ PURE ORGASM) :thumb: :thumb: :hawt: :hawt:

In addition to the various WYWH, The Wall, Animals, I also really like the Saucerful of Secrets ^^ (LTBML, Remeber to Day and STCOTHOTS beautiful !!!)

I actually have high hopes for the new album! Its supposedly almost exclusively instrumental though, with just one song at the end. I don't know how that will turn out and I'm a little worried since Roger Waters isn't a part of it, but David Gilmour does well so I don't think it'll be a huge disappointment. :) The cover for it looks pretty awesome (though maybe a little to similar to Life of Pi imagery)
I tried to listen to previews, but I decided not to ruin the surprise. ^^ The waiting of pleasure is the pleasure itself. :shh2: 

:noparty:

About sums up the new album to me. Maybe I should give it a full listen all the way through before I totally give up. The lyrics of the last song are painfully cheesy/bad and I'm not fulling believing that is really the legacy they wanted to leave. Oh well, their older albums will still be some of my all-time favorites and I'll always have them so I'm not terribly disappointed. 

my all-time favorite band. early PF is my favorite, specifically Syd era + their late 60s/early 70s psych prog-ish sound. Meddle is probably my favorite album.

their early psych pop singles are so catchy & cute though, especially See Emily Play & Arnold Layne. and Julia Dream will forever be one of my absolute favorite songs. <3

Which one is Pink again? :D

just kidding.. yesss!!! the amazing music of Pink Floyd..

Y'all have to see the "Delicate Sound of Thunder"- (live at naussau coliseum- New York) concert vid if available still..

..it was an amazing show.

Gilmore is one of the greatest songwriters/guitarists to exist in music. too bad about Richard Wright, he was amazing too..