Hundred Dollar Bill

Beach House

YAS someone else on hear givin me that Beyond Love LOVE lol. the peeps here dislike it

It's been on repeat all day. I can't imagine that it can get better than this. It's so beautifully melancholic and moody.  :oprah:

I'm really loving DC and the velvet vinyl is so tempting, I think I'm gonna grab it soon

Make sure you give it a wash before you play it. The velvet sheds and was all over my disc when i pulled it out so I make sure to store them separately.

@@AKA Lizzy Grant refer to this, this is what is out there according to my knowledge:

VINYLS:

Beach House

- white

- black

Devotion

- blue

- black

Teen Dream

- black

Bloom

- green glow-in-the-dark

- black

Depression Cherry

- clear

- white

- black

Thank Your Lucky Stars

- clear glitter

- green

- black

Theres a white pressing of bloom as well, its the "loser edition" and the glow in the dark pressing was sold exclusively at shows and there were only 250 made. http://www.discogs.com/artist/592308-Beach-House heres a great reference if you're looking for details

Make sure you give it a wash before you play it. The velvet sheds and was all over my disc when i pulled it out so I make sure to store them separately.

I learned this myself when I finished playing DC and my needle was covered in red fuzz :rip: What do you mean "wash" though? I'm still very new to playing vinyl

H0bDaqU.gif

I learned this myself when I finished playing DC and my needle was covered in red fuzz :rip: What do you mean "wash" though? I'm still very new to playing vinyl

Right! So you can actually wash your vinyl, however I wouldn't recommend using tap water (distilled is probably best). I use a spin clean and at the recommendation of some other collectors, I wash all of my records after I take them out of the shrink. This removes any dirt, dust, or films left from the pressing process and I've noticed a much clearer sound. I also store my records in these after washing instead of the standard paper sleeves and it keeps them much cleaner (prevents the paper dust) as well as dramatically reduces static!

Edit: I dont wash a record every time I play it (that would be grueling), I also wash them in batches of about 15-20. In between washings I use this to help wipe off any dust that may have gotten on the record before I play it (I don't use the solution it comes with), and I use this to gently clear any dust/residue/etc from my needle

Right! So you can actually wash your vinyl, however I wouldn't recommend using tap water (distilled is probably best). I use a spin clean and at the recommendation of some other collectors, I wash all of my records after I take them out of the shrink. This removes any dirt, dust, or films left from the pressing process and I've noticed a much clearer sound. I also store my records in these after washing instead of the standard paper sleeves and it keeps them much cleaner (prevents the paper dust) as well as dramatically reduces static!

Edit: I dont wash a record every time I play it (that would be grueling), I also wash them in batches of about 15-20. In between washings I use this to help wipe off any dust that may have gotten on the record before I play it (I don't use the solution it comes with), and I use this to gently clear any dust/residue/etc from my needle

okay wow that's a lot of extra things to invest in, but thanks!

H0bDaqU.gif

okay wow that's a lot of extra things to invest in, but thanks!

Yeah vinyl is an expensive hobby I have learned. The spin clean may seem expensive, but in my opinion it is worth every dollar. The other stuff I'd just get a bit at a time as you have some extra money here and there. Also I don't know if you're storing your vinyl in outer sleeves but I use these and they're excellent, very thick but still will fit a 3xLP.

Yeah vinyl is an expensive hobby I have learned. The spin clean may seem expensive, but in my opinion it is worth every dollar. The other stuff I'd just get a bit at a time as you have some extra money here and there. Also I don't know if you're storing your vinyl in outer sleeves but I use these and they're excellent, very thick but still will fit a 3xLP.

Yeah it really is. The sleeves are a definete investment I want to make soon. I also want all 6 BH records on vinyl asap haha.

H0bDaqU.gif

It's up on iTunes Australia! https://itun.es/au/l8nH-

I really haven't let myself get into TYLS waiting for an HQ download, so I'm super hyped to listen tomorrow all the way through it.

I was honestly was taking a nap and had the album playing in the background and it's honestly so good. HQ will slay me so hard i s2g

I was honestly was taking a nap and had the album playing in the background and it's honestly so good. HQ will slay me so hard i s2g

Sleeping to Beacg House is everything :legend: I have a playlist called "Sleep House" lmao :rip: It's mostly songs from Devotion.

I doubt the new album will trump DC for me personally, but we'll see. I'm so excited to dig into it more. Are you still making your way through their discography or have you listened to it all now?

H0bDaqU.gif