Sign in to follow this  
howiet1971

UV abandoned?

It feels like the UV project has been abandoned by both Lana and the record company. Even the UV single was a non starter . Not even a tour in the UK to promote it. I really don't understand what's happened, really frustrating as a fan who was looking forward to the videos and remixes etc.

Any ideas or have I missed something?

UV sold just fine considering the promotion it got.

An album needs continual support to keep selling for a long time.

Look at Beyonce's latest album, that was out of the top 200 relatively soon after the album came out, since there was nothing to keep it alive, no singles to keep the cycle going.

As for the record company, they can't do much since Lana owns the rights to the songs now, so they can't even pull a SS 2.0.

UV could have done really well with continued support. It's already around 1.3 million WW (Ariana Grande's is at 600K by comparison), which is higher than BTD at this stage but the latter had a lot of factors play into its longevity. The music is also less commercial and sales are down in general.

I don't wanna face it but it seems like this is the truth, this era had so much potential it's a shame it was wasted like this. She could've done amazing music videos, that's the only thing that hurts a little. But there's still a bit of hope, at least for me. Bitch may still surprise us...

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I don't wanna face it but it seems like this is the truth, this era had so much potential it's a shame it was wasted like this. She could've done amazing music videos, that's the only thing that hurts a little. But there's still a bit of hope, at least for me. Bitch may still surprise us...

We better get a professional Old Money video.

I mean, Lana's aesthetics for her music are what made her such a modern icon. They could have done so much with the UV video. I actually kind of like the video, but it wasn't a good promo move.

We better get a professional Old Money video.

I mean, Lana's aesthetics for her music are what made her such a modern icon. They could have done so much with the UV video. I actually kind of like the video, but it wasn't a good promo move.

YES! I'm praying for it, bitch can't drop this era without a proper video for the masterpiece that is Old Money. I mean the song is very visual itself so making a video for it shouldn't be that hard. Just throw some hydrangeas, Lana driving with her man in an old car and some vintage filters and I'm happy tbh

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I just don't understand why she just let the album go. She was so passionate about it before - I remember her saying it made her "forget the old record". There were billboards being put up and pictures and promos and teasers in April/May. Even if it flopped sales-wise, does she not still love UV for what it is and have that connection with the songs themselves? I'm hoping this is a label issue rather than her. I mean, I guess its only 4 months in so at this point in the BTD era we didn't even have NA or SS videos yet, so I guess she could come up with something still, but theres no real indication anything is in the works. 

Oh well, at least nothing is better than half-attempts which would just be even more disappointing. And she is starting to sing more UV live so that's something too.

:sadcore:  :bored:  :sadcore6:  :crai:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Considering how busy she's been with touring and with the initial release of the album (and having re-recorded most of it earlier this year with Dan Auerbach), it's not surprising that not much else has come from it yet. I think we just need to give it some time. So far we already have videos for "Ultraviolence" and "Shades of Cool," I'm sure others will eventually come along.

I understand fans being disappointed that she doesn't tour where they are, but I don't know if 3 videos and some touring with UV material is a token gesture.  However, it all depends on whether she's using her down time now to produce something new, or is going to be absorbed in another depressive cycle. I'd also be in it for her to release more of her older stuff. Now that Taylor's gone full pop, maybe she should dust off May Jailer? And she could still do new stuff at the same time, muse willing.

UV could have done really well with continued support. It's already around 1.3 million WW (Ariana Grande's is at 600K by comparison), which is higher than BTD at this stage but the latter had a lot of factors play into its longevity. The music is also less commercial and sales are down in general.

Those sales sounds good tbh, considering she has done zilt promo. 

Its weird though that she has abandoned the album now though, and the excuse she has been busy touring is crap tbh even though its probably the reason why. She hasn't been touring religiously since the album came out, she has been doing dates here and there. Other artists still find time to work on their promo and tour the same time so she has no excuse for that really. 

Its weird that she hasn't made more videos though, as that's something she loves doing. I'm hoping she will release more in the future as I think the fact she has been touring is probably whats stopped her promoting, lets be honest she doesn't like too many things at once haha. How long after did the National Anthem video come out after Born To Die and can anyone remember being shocked she released more videos late on after or did it just feel like part of the campaign.

qsVmBMd.png

I don't think she's abandoned it; if she had, why would she be gradually performing more UV songs (Shades of Cool was only recently added to her set list, IIRC)? She's doing the Paradise 2.0/beginning of UV tour at the moment, I think once that's over she'll focus more upon UV. I'm predicting another video to be out before the year ends and an announcement of the UV tour early next year.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

We have to wait. The album didn't really flop but yeah, she's like... meh... and I don't know why because she was extremely excited. She was so happy on the North American tour. Let's be patient.

Lana's music is a world of hidden gems, and I'm fine with UV being one of them. In a hundred years time when Lana's official discography surpasses her unreleased discography, we'll be able to look back at Ultraviolence, and be like: "God, that was a fucking solid album". It'll be that single masterpiece in all our record collections.

:cuteface:

I honestly think that she is going to come full force in 2015 with a Ultravoilence tour proper promo, and music videos 

I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

Although a bit strange, she did say that there is an UV tour in the plans for 2015

Maybe we just got the album super early because she didn't want to sit on it, but things are planned for later in time

(although this is probably not true, we can hope)

She has brilliant ideas and visions, but it's almost like she's back in the Lizzy Grant days making homemade videos and trying to make it. It's clear that this era is suffering without the financial and artistry support from her label. Limited promo, music videos that are average at best, and the overwhelming stagnation of this era is a real pity. The records good, I agree it doesn't have the same longevity and commercial appeal as BTD/P does, but I still think it deserves and needs a little more backing from her label.

I just don't get how something she claims to love and is more representative of her is receiving basically the silent treatment  :uh:

tumblr_n90y9oYmu41qzj1pro1_500.gif