Sign in to follow this  
howiet1971

UV abandoned?

I was thinking about this today, and I originally said that she could "be over" this era as a whole, but I don't think this is entirely true. She's said more than once that she's writing songs for a re-release, and there was mention long ago of a tour supporting Ultraviolence. What better way to bring the album back onto the scene than to re-release it and support it with a tour. Paradise, anyone?

It's all speculation on everyone's part, but either way, the album's been out for 4, almost 5 months; that's not that long.

I really agree with @@Viva !

Imo Lana always strived for fame, beauty and becoming an icon like Marilyn or Elvis but she never really realized that there were unpleasant reasons why Elvis, for example, took a lot of pills. You're under huge pressure in this business and you have to work hard to receive worldwide popularity. I think Lana was sure that loving music, writing good songs and expressing your beliefs in form of music videos was enough to gain that fame she wished for. She isn't a big fan of interviews, TV appearances and lenghty touring but this is a significant factor that leads to massive album sales or wide-spread recognition. I don't want to say that Taylor's fanbase isn't HUGE and I'm sure she could pull a Beyoncé without any problems, but the main reason why 600,000 people bought 1989 in its release day is that she updates her fans daily on social media and visits as many TV shows as possible, she absolutely builds up excitement for her stuff.

Lana wasn't born to do so and I respect that but if she wants to be successful she should fucking stop cancelling almost everything (which isn't that much anyways) ! Although Interscope might not be quite supportive, these cancellations aren't their fault. Maybe they don't give her enough money but Lana knows how to create homemade videos, so she could've definitely came up with a better idea for the UV video.

:whine: I'm a lazy girl, I'm a lazy girl, I'm a laaaaaaaaazy girl :whine:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Maybe all you guy's are writing is true, or maybe Lana is just that lazy. Maybe is quite simple, she doesn't want to tour, doesn't give 2 fucks about giving interviews, promoting the album because she doesn't give 2 fucks and doesn't want to get out of the bed before 2PM. Maybe in her thirsty for fame she forgot to take in count you actually have to work for the fame work, and lana is to lazy to work that fame. At this moment she is chewing some pasta and watching Keeping Up With The Katarshians with her cell on mute. Do not disturb 

It's strange, cause I have actually never thought of her as being lazy in the sense that she is not driven or does not want to execute the visuals and everything regards to how her material is presented.

I doubt that she doesn't care like she said recently. I doubt that she is not driven to write and record. Everything is a speculation right now, but I assume that her labels reaction and how it was mishandled really took away the joy she had for making this album. The BTD era seemed to have one of the biggest budgets I have seen for a new artist when it comes to videos and exposure. 

And let's confess: we have all loved it.

That this era didn't even have like 10 % of it, must have srsly disappointed her. 

While the critics have warmed up to Lana, the music buying public didn't appreciate the album in the way everybody hoped for (well before the material was heard). And let's not talk about the interviews. That Guardian interview and the cancellation of the BBC promo killed her career in the UK. It took her 5 months to outsell the first week sales of BTD.

Nobody can tell me that she is fine now. She always struck me as an artist who is determined and by no means fragile. I just hope that she gets the joy back of being a popstar.

And I want her to be successful. I know, what a terrible fan I am wishing my favourite artist to be successful and outselling the basic bitches.

um, did I get this one right: you have not bought the album?

No, and I just noticed this today lol. I was going to buy it here in France but when I actually had money to spare I went to see ha at a concert. And I won't probably buy the album unless she does something with it.

EotAQlJ.jpg

No, and I just noticed this today lol. I was going to buy it here in France but when I actually had money to spare I went to see ha at a concert. And I won't probably buy the album unless she does something with it.

Well... you know, don't be suprised that in future that the artists you love and listen to on an almost daily basis won't be able to continue making their art when their music is not being bought.

And how very precious of you to expect her to do something about the album before you pay for it. She could also say: well, since you have stolen, I expect you to actually pay before I do more.

Well... you know, don't be suprised that in future that the artists you love and listen to on an almost daily basis won't be able to continue making their art when their music is not being bought.

And how very precious of you to expect her to do something about the album before you pay for it. She could also say: well, since you have stolen, I expect you to actually pay before I do more.

iamamiwhoami is doing a better job and has a lower budget. Lana doesn't have an excuse. I am not rich and have my priorities. I decided to go see Lana in a concert rather than buy the album. I don't even know why I'm bothering to answer to you tbh, bye.

EotAQlJ.jpg

iamamiwhoami is doing a better job and has a lower budget. Lana doesn't have an excuse. I am not rich and have my priorities. I decided to go see Lana in a concert rather than buy the album. I don't even know why I'm bothering to answer to you tbh, bye.

Oh how nice of you to point that one out actually, so grateful that you did. 

I'm sorry to say this but a lot of you are behaving like ungrateful assholes atm.

Like @@SitarHero pointed out, we have UV, Lana is touring and she's made videos for all the singles she's released sans brooklyn baby, what difference would it make to any of us if she released Old Money as a single? I'm fairly sure we've all already heard the song, and a nice music video is a bonus not something crucial to your enjoyment of the music itself. To call Lana lazy implies you've got nothing better to take up your time with than waiting for Lana to capitalise on something already pretty sufficient by itself.

I was thinking about this today, and I originally said that she could "be over" this era as a whole, but I don't think this is entirely true. She's said more than once that she's writing songs for a re-release, and there was mention long ago of a tour supporting Ultraviolence. What better way to bring the album back onto the scene than to re-release it and support it with a tour. Paradise, anyone?

It's all speculation on everyone's part, but either way, the album's been out for 4, almost 5 months; that's not that long.

When did Lana say she was writing for a re-release?

She did say something about writing more songs, some kind of 'follow up' in recent interviews for UV promo but she didn't say explicitly, or implied that there will be a re-release. I can't remember what interview did she mention about it though :(

Lana did give us Shades of Cool video, a high-budget one indeed even though it wasn't a single - and I think that was very generous of her.

Moreover, I don't think that Ultraviolence video looks low-budget because Interscope didn't give a damn about it. it could well have been that it was what Lana had in her vision and she was being experimental a little bit  :teehee: Look at how Noisey/Vice (instead of the label themselves/Vevo) were the one teased about the video - Interscope must still have had put a lot of effort into promoting the single/video

I feel like honestly from how UV era has come along by now... Lana just released a new album just to release it, because Paradise had almost been out for two years when she released UV --- and Paradise wasn't even considered standalone album or an LP. I think she knew to stay relevant she had to release a new album, and her record company and others were pressuring her to do it. I think that's why she may not care about it so much? Because it was probably rushed or she just wanted to release something to stay relevant. I think she cared about because she loved to repeat the story of how her and Dan created it.. but not enough to be as passionate with it like she was with BTD. 

She keeps scheduling concerts and canceling them a few days before. Plus, the Hollywood Cemetery Concert was supposedly the last concert of her tour and she played like one song from UV at every concert even after saying the BTD era was over. But she always talks about how she didn't like the production of BTD and loves UV so maybe the label wants her to play BTD at concerts for some reason?

I can't remember exactly where, but she said she loved the Paradise edition to BTD and was excited to do something similar for UV

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

Whine...complain...complain...whine...make lame jokes about "lazy Lana"...whine some more...complain...

A full US tour...whine...a lot of the biggest festivals...complain...a great, critically acclaimed album...grumble.

A loved cover for a big Hollywood movie...whine...a great cover of one of her songs...complain...many great

photoshots...grumble.

No wonder Lana hates this.