ilovetati

Predict Lana's Grammy Nominations

Nominations are announced in a couple of weeks on December 5th, so I thought it might be fun for us to give our own predictions.

Lana was submitted for: Album of the Year, Record of the Year (West Coast), Song of the Year (West Coast), Pop Vocal Album, Music Video (Shades of Cool), Music Film (Tropico).

I'll say:

Best Pop Vocal Album (Ultraviolence)

Best Music Film (Tropico)

I think she could still be an outside contender for AOTY since they seem to favor her, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even pop album could be in jeopardy considering the large number of contenders this year. Sia, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Maroon 5, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, etc. Tropico feels like a token nom due to the lack of contenders in that category.

I think she's a chance for a nomination for best Pop Vocal Album; Tropico is an interesting case, but I would jump from my seat and cheer if that was nominated, let alone if it won. If this world recognised brilliance, West Coast would win Song of the Year by a landslide.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

There was a lot in Tropico that you don't see in a standard music video, a lot of acting/cinematography, a lot of eclectic poetry, and not the least, an actual film score a la Dan Heath that connected the three album tracks together. If Tropico doesn't get nominated for long form video, I'd say the Grammys are anti-ambition-in-art. 

she deserves album of the year soo much.

i think she could get the noms for pop vocal album and music film (that could win)

idk about west coast, it surely deserves at least one but i dont see that coming.

she really deserves to be recognized. she's pure talent and art and u dont see that alot nowadays. just if i could run the grammys.... 

let the light in, it's a cruel world

There was a lot in Tropico that you don't see in a standard music video, a lot of acting/cinematography, a lot of eclectic poetry, and not the least, an actual film score a la Dan Heath that connected the three album tracks together. If Tropico doesn't get nominated for long form video, I'd say the Grammys are anti-ambition-in-art. 

The acting in Tropico isn't more than medicore and definitly less than what you'd expect from a "short film".

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The acting in Tropico isn't more than medicore and definitly less than what you'd expect from a "short film".

The writing, directing, and cinematography is amazing though. I honestly think it'll win the award for it.

The writing, directing, and cinematography is amazing though. I honestly think it'll win the award for it.

I think Tropico is awful. I've only seen it like five or three times. It's boring.

image.png