GangstaBoy

Lana's Eli Roth Collaboration Surfaces; Marilyn Manson Denies Then Clarifies Involvement

Based on the reactions I was prepared for something much more shocking than this. Frankly, I've been expecting something much more shocking all along than the little we've now seen based on Eli Roth's comments about the project. I think it's way too early to start making judgments about this without the full context.

But I couldn't resist:

41528cfa989ade1cc31407ca0f57d76501386023

I'm going to hell.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

well, i'm not sure i'm glad it was noticed, then. :P

at the same time, i kind of want to see the full version, just for more to philosophize about. :crossed:

Yeah, I'd like to see the full thing (if it really exists) cause judging it and Lana herself for a 15 second snippet seems wrong to me.

_

Cinematography is on point and I don't know why you people say this is glamourizing rape when you can clearly see she's suffering, it's not like she's in sexy underwear enjoying it with her usual Lolita naughtiness...

Besides, this is not even a project for herself, it's a cameo/appearence. So to judge Lana as a singer would be a stupid thing to do since she's a mere actress in this video, just like Julianne Moore or Jennifer Lawrence.

And please don't come with the 'this is awful for people who suffered from rape, smh' A close relative commited suicide yet I don't get offended or emotional every time I see something like that portrayed on tv or in a movie.

Lana agreed to participate, but that doesn't mean she supports rape. Get over it.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

So, this was a compilation of music videos? The one segment has been out for a while, I think. Was Lana's part going to feature her own music, but never released?

Yeah, it's a compilation of the company's projects from 2013, so there was a Lana video shot that was never released and probs never will be tbh 

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

In the interview where the Eli Roth comment on working with Lana and Manson came from, the first question he was asked was "do you think the sexual abuse of women adds to horror?"

He first rebutted this, saying of course not, it's horrible. Then he goes on to say that in Straw Dogs, the rape DID add to the film.

Fetishist.

I'm sorry but I just think it was entirely inappropriate in it's context. It wasn't empathizing, it wasn't a film with a storyline, or a music video with a message, it wasn't abstract and arty. It was nothing but, and I gag as I quote, "random acts of violence". Enough said.

In the interview where the Eli Roth comment on working with Lana and Manson came from, the first question he was asked was "do you think the sexual abuse of women adds to horror?"

He first rebutted this, saying of course not, it's horrible. Then he goes on to say that in Straw Dogs, the rape DID add to the film.

Fetishist.

I'm sorry but I just think it was entirely inappropriate in it's context. It wasn't empathizing, it wasn't a film with a storyline, or a music video with a message, it wasn't abstract and arty. It was nothing but, and I gag as I quote, "random acts of violence". Enough said.

But we don't know how the entire video is, this is just a part of that video 

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

Some of you guys are sensitive pussies. I just watched the video and I see no glamorizing of rape. Some people sigh

hey bud, if the general reaction to a rape scene is “well this is kind of hot” ….. something is wrong. Not about being "sensitive pussies" as you so eloquently put it. you really think that of all the ways to depict rape, the “let’s get her looking stunning and sexy and glimmering in cute little panties” route is the best one?

hey bud, if the general reaction to a rape scene is “well this is kind of hot” ….. something is wrong. Not about being "sensitive pussies" as you so eloquently put it. you really think that of all the ways to depict rape, the “let’s get her looking stunning and sexy and glimmering in cute little panties” route is the best one?

Sure, because when you get raped you absolutely have to look repulsive and ugly, it's a well known fact. :wtf:

SCARFACE2371.png